Grant Holt

samjp26

Bent moved on because stylistically he couldn't play with Benteke. We then replace Bent with another target man similar in style to Bent who couldn't play alongside Benteke for similar reasons. Kozak picks up an injury and guess what, we sign yet another target man who can't play alongside Benteke for the same reason.

Excellent stuff.

Well fine. That wasn't the point you were making (or at least I thought you were making) so either I misunderstood you or you've moved the goalposts.

Either way, it's a pointless discussion.

Bent moved on because stylistically he couldn't play with Benteke. We then replace Bent with another target man similar in style to Bent who couldn't play alongside Benteke for similar reasons. Kozak picks up an injury and guess what, we sign yet another target man who can't play alongside Benteke for the same reason.

Excellent stuff.

You failed to mention the most important factor.

What, our manager still doesn't learn from his mistakes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!*

But no. Wages.

Bent was put into the "bomb" squad because of his wages and the fact that he didn't justify them.

(*this is sarcasm)

Yet when Bent was with us the consensus of opinion was that Bent's style was that of a dinosaur and he couldn't play with Benteke. Lambert has now signed Holt who apparently is another dinosaur and couldn't get into the Wigan team.

You also remember that the manager did award Bent the captaincy which is a strange thing to do when you are going to get rid of a player due to his wages.

Edited by Morpheus

because he wasnt planning to get rid of him and then realised after a few games that Bent was crap. He is poor at Fulham so Its not just Lambert who has realised this as Fulham have had 2 managers who havent rated him

Its a shame this argument about Bent isn't in the Lacina Traore thread but if that's a bit too out there then maybe just the Nicklas Helenius thread.

Still his experience in the dressing room is priceless and luckily immeasurable.

• Like 1

Yet when Bent was with us the consensus of opinion was that Bent's style was that of a dinosaur and he couldn't play with Benteke. 

I don't know about everyone else, but the reason I wanted Bent gone wasn't he couldn't play with Benteke, but that we didn't create enough chances for him to justify £60k a week or whatever it was, and in the rest of the game he was a complete passenger as he is piss poor at his general all round play and offered nothing else.

• Like 1

Even though it will probably now never happen again, you could potentially see the logic in a Benteke/Bent partnership, but I have no idea, even theoretically, how Benteke/Holt can work effectively. The best I can imagine is like a pair of seals heading the ball to each other all the way down the pitch.

• Like 2

Wigan are probably laughing their ass of us now. Pathetic signing. A fat, disgusting pub player, thats what he is.

Hahaha have to completely agree with this, waste of space needs to **** off back to Wigan and eat some more pies on the bench.

You guys are complete words removed. The guy isn't even fat, he's a naturally big lad and his cardio is fine considering he hasn't played much football, which is probably more than can be said about you, you're probably out of breath and clammy sat behind your computers stretching for the spacebar.

LMAO I'm also eating a pie lol, Grant Holt actually decided not to eat them all lol.

We then replace Bent with another target man similar in style to Bent

Bent a target man? You must have never seen him play. Lambert hasn't signed any player that's similar in style to Bent.

Edited by villa89

Wigan are probably laughing their ass of us now. Pathetic signing. A fat, disgusting pub player, thats what he is.

Hahaha have to completely agree with this, waste of space needs to **** off back to Wigan and eat some more pies on the bench.

You guys are complete words removed. The guy isn't even fat, he's a naturally big lad and his cardio is fine considering he hasn't played much football, which is probably more than can be said about you, you're probably out of breath and clammy sat behind your computers stretching for the spacebar.

LMAO I'm also eating a pie lol, Grant Holt actually decided not to eat them all lol.

The only thing to lol at here is the pathetic state of your humour, fkn hell grow up.

Yet when Bent was with us the consensus of opinion was that Bent's style was that of a dinosaur and he couldn't play with Benteke.

I don't know about everyone else, but the reason I wanted Bent gone wasn't he couldn't play with Benteke, but that we didn't create enough chances for him to justify £60k a week or whatever it was, and in the rest of the game he was a complete passenger as he is piss poor at his general all round play and offered nothing else.

Yet we've signed Holt.

Â