Grant Holt

samjp26

After initially with holding judgement, I'm struggling to see that he offers us more than poor helenius.

I don't think he does necessarily, but he's a) experienced and b ) won't be put off by needing to perform under pressure.

He may not perform well but it doesn't heap pressure onto younger players.  Agree that a youngster should've been given 10 minutes against Norwich rather than Holt though.  Pointless substitution.

Holt should not be preventing the game time and development of the likes of Helenius, Bowery or Albrighton. It's a ridiculous signing to have made.

But apparently he's good in the dressing room, Whatever that means.

Holt should not be preventing the game time and development of the likes of Helenius, Bowery or Albrighton. It's a ridiculous signing to have made.

But apparently he's good in the dressing room, Whatever that means.

Offering beers to the lads?

I wonder if those calling him a fat so and so for no apparent reason, would say it to his face?

Or be willing to post a PIC of their athletic bodies.

They aren't professional footballers though.

I wonder if those calling him a fat so and so for no apparent reason, would say it to his face?

No, just internet keyboard warriors.

• Like 2

Hardly an excuse for people to continually hurl personal abuse at somebody for no reason is it? Grant Holt has done nothing wrong whilst being here in my eyes, I wasn't a huge fan of him coming here initially but he is here now and as long as he wears the shirt he is one of our own. 

Surely such posts should be moderated?

• Like 2

I wasn't referring to anything explicitly abusive to clarify and would never condone such. Just those who would classify him as 'fat' or have concerns over his weight and therefore his fitness.

Edited by Isa

I don't really care if Holt is fat, thin or an Adonis! What I do care about is the contribution he brings to the team on the pitch for the wages he gets paid each week and I don't really see anything.

On Sunday he came on and I can't remember anything that he did, OK we were coasting but all that happened was the Budgie fans sang his name and asked him to give them a wave?

I really think that Lambert has used this loan to give an old mate a bit of cash towards his retirement fund as I am completely missing what he brings to the team at the moment. To be honest can anyone see him coming on with 20 minutes to go and turning the game around? Has he even had a shot on target yet? I can't remember!

I don't really care if Holt is fat, thin or an Adonis! What I do care about is the contribution he brings to the team on the pitch for the wages he gets paid each week and I don't really see anything.

On Sunday he came on and I can't remember anything that he did, OK we were coasting but all that happened was the Budgie fans sang his name and asked him to give them a wave?

I really think that Lambert has used this loan to give an old mate a bit of cash towards his retirement fund as I am completely missing what he brings to the team at the moment. To be honest can anyone see him coming on with 20 minutes to go and turning the game around? Has he even had a shot on target yet? I can't remember!

These are the kind of loose drinking in the pub comments that get on my tits. He has a 3yr contract with Wigan, it has zero to do with a final pay day for a mate. I doubt we have improved the wages he was on at Wigan, and I doubt what he gets would have been enough to intice any quality player to join us.

He's here for another 12 weeks and is a voice and presence in the dressing room, something we didn't have before. A big lump up front type to fill a kozak shaped hole for the very short term.

The abuse and OTT moaning about him I find baffling, he'll be gone before you know it and epitomises the budget Lambert had in the window.

• Like 3

Â