Grant Holt

samjp26

Don't think Holt was to blame at all for anything today, he rarely got the ball and that was because of the way we played

So nothing to do with him or his limitations?

Well was that the reason Benteke did nothing too? Because he's shit?

Benteke touched the ball nearly twice as many times as holt, made twice as many passes, won 6 times the amount of headers holt won and set up a goal. While he wasn't brilliant he was **** miles better than grant holt.

Do you not think you're going too far on the defensive when you defend performances like that?

• Like 2

Who was defending anything? There was no performance there TO defend, but I don't think that was necessarily down to Holt himself. I don't think there was all that much point in his signing really, but he's not really done all that much wrong.

Didn't agree starting Holte today considering the defensive formation and tactics. He didn't offer much. Shame about Vlaar coming off. I agreed with lambert's post match interview - can't do much about a quality free kick - Everton are a better team but we played really well tactically against them. Unlucky!

He made 6 completed passes and only baker had less touches of the ball.

**** embarrassing that this guy plays for us.

... and yet, we only conceded after he went off.

Perhaps we should play him at centre back

Maybe Ash. The fact is that with him on the pitch, we were winning. He went off, and we conceded not one, but two goals. Well done Lambert for bringing him in, I say.

He made 6 completed passes and only baker had less touches of the ball.

**** embarrassing that this guy plays for us.

... and yet, we only conceded after he went off.

I have a rock that keeps tigers away...

I have a rock that keeps my missus away!!

• Like 1

I'm not Holt's biggest fan and I didn't really want him here but we've got him now so let's try and support the guy. It's not his fault we were ineffective in front of goal today. Lambert's plan was to park the bus for 90 minutes, which obviously resulted in very few balls going forward, therefore less opportunities for our forwards to attack. Don't think Holt should have started, the easiest thing to do was just to stick with the team that got us the win against WBA. Just shows how much we miss Gabby right now.

Â