Grant Holt

samjp26

He made 6 completed passes and only baker had less touches of the ball.

**** embarrassing that this guy plays for us.

... and yet, we only conceded after he went off.

Con?

Holt is decent cover for Benteke.

But they should NEVER play together.

He's not decent cover for an average kozak let alone someone as good as benteke.

• Like 1

In an emergency situation, I'd take him over Bowery.

But I don't think we're going to see eye to an eye on it so I'll leave it at that

Being better than Bowery doesn't make him decent cover for Benteke though.  There's a fundamental flaw in your logic there.

Con?

No, just stating the facts. Against Everton and Baggies, while he was on the pitch, we were winning.

Con?

No, just stating the facts. Against Everton and Baggies, while he was on the pitch, we were winning.

Great. Did he play well? What about liverpool where we were winning before he came on?

The Everton goal with Holt on the pitch was coming unless of course you think him barely touching the ball and managing to pass it a total of 6 times to his own team was playing an important role for us.

• Like 1

Con?

Think that's more of a coincidence than anything else. Vlaar came off, and Everton were piling on pressure. It's hard to stay solid for 90 minutes.

Yesterday summed up exactly why he was a poor signing, not sure why he started, nor am I sure what good he did do.

In an emergency situation, I'd take him over Bowery.

Is that because Bowery hasn't done his first aid training?

Con?

Great. Did he play well? What about liverpool where we were winning before he came on?

The Everton goal with Holt on the pitch was coming unless of course you think him barely touching the ball and managing to pass it a total of 6 times to his own team was playing an important role for us.

I didn't watch the game BJ10, I'm just stating a few facts for you. I thought you would appreciate the 'Not taking everything into account'-logic that you so often use.

I think we were surprised to see Bentake and Holte start in a 532. Confused the hell out of me that one.

When I see Holte starting for us it does make me wonder how a player not good enough for Wigan in the championship is starting for Aston Villa.

• Like 2

I can understand him being brought in as back up whilst Kozak is injured but he really isn't a starter IMO.

Poor decision by PL - should've put Weimann up top with Benteke if he wanted a 2 pronged attack. I know Holt could potentially offer a physical presence but Everton handled him all too easily

Hopefully Gabby will be back next match and Holt can return to the bench.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

You didn't watch his performance but you decided to come on here and defend it?

Where did I defend it John? As I've said a number of times, I was just stating a fact for you.

Makes you wonder why he was started, he's immobile and offered absolutely nothing. Him and Benteke were never going to work. We'd have been better off starting KEA and having more bodies in midfield to counter-act the fact that Everton retain the ball very well in midfield.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â