Grant Holt

samjp26

Based on today you would struggle to make an argument for him starting another game for us.

To come on for the last 15-20 mins and help us see out a game he may have his uses much as he did on Wednesday night. I don't want to see him anywhere near our starting line up again though.

Edited by markavfc40

Wasn't great today, but I really do think his coming off did more harm than good.

Although he didn't make much impact on the ball, but off the ball, he kept Jagielka occupied leaving space for Benteke with only Distin marking him. It's what helped make the tactic work first half, as it allowed us to have some sort of outlet and let Benteke hold up the ball so we could break forward. Lambert didn't change the tactics to suit the sub, which meant Benteke was starting to get crowded out as Everton weren't worrying about the second striker, cancelling our outlet.

Not great on the ball, but an off the ball presence that I think we missed second half.

I think the general consensus is that he started to give Jagielka/Distin something to think about in addition to Benteke and this would then hopefully allow Benteke more space. It didn't work out like that though did it. We simpy never got the ball into either Benteke or Holt.

For what it seems he was asked to do today we may as well of had Bowery running about up front, closing down and being a pest to the Everton back line.

Don't think Holt was to blame at all for anything today, he rarely got the ball and that was because of the way we played

So nothing to do with him or his limitations?

Well was that the reason Benteke did nothing too? Because he's shit?

For fans of FM

My estimate of his skills

Grant Holt

Speed- 7

Intelligence-13

Strength-12

Shooting-9

Jump- 11

Head-11

Technique-10

Dribbling-5

Passing-8