Grant Holt

samjp26

I think we were surprised to see Bentake and Holte start in a 532. Confused the hell out of me that one.

When I see Holte starting for us it does make me wonder how a player not good enough for Wigan in the championship is starting for Aston Villa.

This!!!!!

• Like 1

Thougth he worked very well as sub to grind out a win the last few mintues of a game.
Didn't get to watch the game too closely, but very surprised that he started. Weird call from Lambert I think.

big call to call him rubbish, he may have his uses but I bet even his Mom would have been surprised to see him start... especially against the like of Everton

Whilst I have been a Lambert supporter his tactics were wrong at the start at goodison and wrong/bizzare for 2 of the substitutions at least.

In other words he may or may not be rubbish (I suspect not) but he was always going to look rubbish with those tactics on Saturday, he did not stand a chance.

• Like 1

Wigan are probably laughing their ass of us now. Pathetic signing. A fat, disgusting pub player, thats what he is.

Hahaha have to completely agree with this, waste of space needs to **** off back to Wigan and eat some more pies on the bench.

He has done OK as impact sub by holding the ball up adn seeing out games. Kamikaze management to start him against a team like Everton for me their is other people to blame than Holt that he started

Playing a lot more than even those who defended the signing thought he would. Hopefully he'll have more of an attacking impact than previous two appearances.

He was forced on by the gabby injury against Liverpool was a fairly late sub against West Brom, and did very well against West Brom. I don't understand what the problem is
there is no problem.

But John won't let that stop him

Haha another classic performance.

No problem though eh?

That wasn't my point, or the point you were making at the time.

The fact that he may have been crap on Saturday is a whole different issue, and one I wouldn't disagree with.

Wigan are probably laughing their ass of us now. Pathetic signing. A fat, disgusting pub player, thats what he is.

Hahaha have to completely agree with this, waste of space needs to **** off back to Wigan and eat some more pies on the bench.

You guys are complete words removed. The guy isn't even fat, he's a naturally big lad and his cardio is fine considering he hasn't played much football, which is probably more than can be said about you, you're probably out of breath and clammy sat behind your computers stretching for the spacebar.

• Like 1

Playing a lot more than even those who defended the signing thought he would. Hopefully he'll have more of an attacking impact than previous two appearances.

He was forced on by the gabby injury against Liverpool was a fairly late sub against West Brom, and did very well against West Brom. I don't understand what the problem is
there is no problem.

But John won't let that stop him

Haha another classic performance.

No problem though eh?

That wasn't my point, or the point you were making at the time.

The fact that he may have been crap on Saturday is a whole different issue, and one I wouldn't disagree with.

Of course it's not a different issue. My point is he shouldn't be on the pitch. He was crap against Liverpool and west brom. He was coming on against WBA when the score was 3-3, given his performance against Everton do you think he would add anything to our attack?

We are a lot weaker with him on the pitch.

Your point was he'd had too much game time, when by that point he'd played less than 45 minutes over 2 games (I think).

The point's a lot more valid now after Saturday's performance.

Which, for all we knew at that point, could have meant he scored a hattrick.

Like I said, the point is a lot more valid now that the game is over and he was crap. At the time it wasn't, imo.

Edited by Stevo985

Â