Grant Holt

samjp26

View of a NC fan:

Grant Holt played for us for four seasons and was our top scorer in every one of those seasons and player of the season three out of four seasons.

He was the top scorer and player of the season in a Norwich team which finished 12th in the league.

Last season he was top scorer in a Norwich team which finished 11th in the league.

And suddenly Lambert is a joke for signing him and Holt is useless after a few months of leaving?

Unfortunately the joke is probably on us for replacing him with Johan Elmander (17 appearances, 0 goals) and spending £8.5m on Van Wolfswinkel (12 appearances, 1 goal).

Did you not see the other 50 views from the Norwich fans claiming Lambert had lost the plot?

Yes and I agree with them :)

How will the desperate football we are watching week in week out suddenly improve with a lump like Holt upfront?

That's one of the things I'm demanding from Lambert in the second half of the season.

It won't, but odds are we won't be seeing a lot of Holt unless there are injuries.
We saw a fair amount of kozak and hes replaced him.

You do know Benteke was injured for a fair few games right?

Really? Was he?

Out of the 15 games kozak appeared in benteke appeared in 6 of them. You think lambert spent that money on kozak to only play when benteke was injured?

And TBH it doesn't matter how little he plays, if lambert can't cope without grant holt then why do you have such faith in him?

King of the strawman strikes again.

Haha yet you can't answer it.

If he could cope without grant holt, then guess what? We wouldn't sign grant holt

Surely this is satire. Absolutely brilliant.

What a **** embarrassing signing, even if its a six-month loan, I'm shocked to see the club reduced to signing an overweight, lazy, one season Premiership wonder who can't even get into Wigan's starting eleven. Lambert out. Obviously he doesn't trust Helenius's abilities if he wants to sign this fat ****.

Edited by Avflife

View of a NC fan:

Grant Holt played for us for four seasons and was our top scorer in every one of those seasons and player of the season three out of four seasons.

He was the top scorer and player of the season in a Norwich team which finished 12th in the league.

Last season he was top scorer in a Norwich team which finished 11th in the league.

And suddenly Lambert is a joke for signing him and Holt is useless after a few months of leaving?

Unfortunately the joke is probably on us for replacing him with Johan Elmander (17 appearances, 0 goals) and spending £8.5m on Van Wolfswinkel (12 appearances, 1 goal).

Did you not see the other 50 views from the Norwich fans claiming Lambert had lost the plot?

Yes and I agree with them :)

I dunno personally, I was just posting the opinions of Wigan fans, I couldn't see anything positive or I'd have posted it - wasn't trying to cause any harm :)

Haha predictable.

You are clearly unable to not see things in black and white.

Obviously if one can see the logic in this signing then they 'are a defender' and they have 'so much faith in Lambert'. Obviously you can only either 'have faith in Lambert' or 'not have faith in Lambert' in Big John's world because there is no grey area where you might like some traits of Lambert's management and hate others. If you actually read anything I said rather than categorising me into one of your neat little boxes then we might be able to get somewhere.

As for your strawman. It's more black and white thinking.

>Lambert signs Holt so that clearly means he can't cope without him

Without any sort of grey area for the reasons why he might do this. Rather not than 'he can't cope without him', it could be that he wants short term cover for Kozak and Holt is a player he knows. Or there could be aspects of both. That he likes him as a player and thinks he could do a job.

But no, it's one or the other and I'm clearly a defender of the signing because I can see how this could possibly benefit us without throwing a total hissy fit at the very mention of his name.

And the best thing is, your tone of posting. You can't resist lining your posts with condescension at anybody who might not share an opinion with yourself, when most of the time you manage to distance yourself from the discussion due to your inability to not see things as A or B.

To be honest, I don't really care. You clearly aren't happy unless there is something to moan about. Whether it's Randy, or this potential signing, it's all just fuel to add to your fire. And where else would you be without that fuel?

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

This is a strange one. On many levels you have to question Lamberts thinking obviously not least of all the fact he is most likely well past his use by date at this level.

We have 4 recognized players who have played numerous games as a centre forward in Benteke, Gabby, Weimann and Kozak. Five if you include Helenius. Six if you include Bowery. One of them gets injured and with in two weeks it seems we are bringing in a short term replacement. We also quite often go one up top with players either side playing more as wide midfield players. This brings into the equation both Albrighton and Tonev.

We have four recognized centre backs. One of them got injured back in September yet it seems we have not been so quick off the mark in bringing in a replacement. If we were we'd have signed someone at the very start of the window. This in a position we play a minimum of two players and sometimes three.

What Lambert considers high priorities for this side/squad are it seems the opposite of mine. We don't need Grant Holt.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Any of the people from the Helenius topic gonna explain why it's okay to freeze out a new signing because he doesn't have the stamina or strength for the league, and at the same time it's okay to bring in a player that doesn't have the stamina or general footballing ability for this league and inevitably shove him into the lineup

He scored 25 goals for Norwich in the PL and they didn't just play hoof ball. He clearly had the footballing ability to play in the PL then. Whether he does now is another question entirely.

Haha predictable.

You are clearly unable to not see things in black and white.

Obviously if one can see the logic in this signing then they 'are a defender' and they have 'so much faith in Lambert'. Obviously you can only either 'have faith in Lambert' or 'not have faith in Big John's world because there is no grey area where you might like some traits of Lambert's management and hate others. If you actually read anything I said rather than categorising me into one of your neat little boxes then we might be able to get somewhere.

As for your strawman. It's more black and white thinking.

>Lambert signs Holt so that clearly means he can't cope without him

Without any sort of grey area for the reasons why he might do this. Rather not than 'he can't cope without him', it could be that he wants short term cover for Kozak and Holt is a player he knows. Or there could be aspects of both. That he likes him as a player and thinks he could do a job.

But no, it's one or the other and I'm clearly a defender of the signing because I can see how this could possibly benefit us without throwing a total hissy fit at the very mention of his name.

And the best thing is, your tone of posting. You can't resist lining your posts with condescension at anybody who might not share an opinion with yourself, when most of the time you manage to distance yourself from the discussion due to your inability to not see things as A or B.

To be honest, I don't really care. You clearly aren't happy unless there is something to moan about. Whether it's Randy, or this potential signing, it's all just fuel to add to your fire. And where else would you be without that fuel?

Spot on mate. He keeps repeating himself when he doesn't get a reaction from someone. Sad really

• Like 1

We also have 4 recognized players who have played numerous games as a centre forward in Benteke, Gabby, Weimann and Kozak. Five if you include Helenius. Six if you include Bowery. One of them gets injured and with in two weeks it seems we are bringing in a short term replacement. We also quite often go one up top with players either side playing more as wide midfield players. This brings into the equation both Albrighton and Tonev.

Exactly. The reason for holt is because without benteke we don't have a forward we can hoof it to. Heaven forbid the manager tries to play better football with the players he's already signed.

Â