Grant Holt

samjp26

Helenius, Bowery, Gabby, Weimann, Delfouneso, Benteke should be enough with Kozak out. Albrighton and Tonev is also options on either side of 4-3-3 if that is preferred. So 8 players covering those 3 spots. No need for a loan deal for a player over the top.

I'm clearly in a minority that doesn't see a promlem with this. Inspiring? No, but as a sort term replacement for a injured kozak, why not?

As I keep saying, because he's fat, and shit.  We'd be better off playing ten men than giving Holt a game.

It almost feels as though the defenders of this signing are just doing it for the sake of it now. I'm pretty sure if anyone else in the league had picked up an overweight 32 year old that's featured in just 11 games for a mid table Championship side you'd be scratching your head and wondering why, or even having a good laugh at their expense.

Why? Because they don't agree with you? It's obvious this is for cover for Kozak. Some on here get more into a tizz about nothing than my wife.

• Like 2

I'm clearly in a minority that doesn't see a promlem with this. Inspiring? No, but as a sort term replacement for a injured kozak, why not?

As I keep saying, because he's fat, and shit.  We'd be better off playing ten men than giving Holt a game.

agree

all signing Holt says to me is that Lambert seriously believes our dreadful hoofball style is working and he's getting in another exponent of it, the problem being we are slowly but surely sliding in to getting players in that are shitter at it

i dont want holt anywhere near villa 

View of a NC fan:

Grant Holt played for us for four seasons and was our top scorer in every one of those seasons and player of the season three out of four seasons.

He was the top scorer and player of the season in a Norwich team which finished 12th in the league.

Last season he was top scorer in a Norwich team which finished 11th in the league.

And suddenly Lambert is a joke for signing him and Holt is useless after a few months of leaving?

Unfortunately the joke is probably on us for replacing him with Johan Elmander (17 appearances, 0 goals) and spending £8.5m on Van Wolfswinkel (12 appearances, 1 goal).

• Like 1

Overweight, overpaid, unfit, lazy and totally disinterested according to some Wigan fans. A couple of days ago they were lamenting the fact that nobody would be stupid enough to take his expensive but rather slow and sizeable carcass on loan. Then out of the blue a shortsighted bumbling benefactor comes knocking …. but wait, doesn't that nice Mr. Whelan always tell Villa to go and do one …. you're not having my players or manager … they're world class etc. etc. ?

Whelan has reversed the Rolls out of the garage, handbrake turned, strapped Holt into the back seat and is speeding his way to Bodymoor Heath like the hounds of hell are on his tail. "Don't worry Grant DW chortles, we'll sleep in the car outside BMH's gates …. we've got to get you signed before they sober up!

• Like 1

How will the desperate football we are watching week in week out suddenly improve with a lump like Holt upfront?

That's one of the things I'm demanding from Lambert in the second half of the season.

It won't, but odds are we won't be seeing a lot of Holt unless there are injuries.
We saw a fair amount of kozak and hes replaced him.

You do know Benteke was injured for a fair few games right?

Really? Was he?

Out of the 15 games kozak appeared in benteke appeared in 6 of them. You think lambert spent that money on kozak to only play when benteke was injured?

And TBH it doesn't matter how little he plays, if lambert can't cope without grant holt then why do you have such faith in him?

I don't think it really matters if he's cover for Kozak or not. It says a lot about the current state of this great football club that this is the caliber of player we are signing.

We signed Harewood on a permanent basis.

Habib Beye.

Gabor Kiraly and Didier Agathe.

Robert Pires.

This is nothing new.

And none of them signings came close to being as bad as Holt.

Agathe was a short term loan

This is your argument. Really?

I have my concerns and I'm certainly not defending the signing. But, people seem to be getting upset and angry over things that haven't happened yet.

If he plays every game.

If he is our only signing.

Then yes, get upset. I will be fuming also. But right now, the main arguments against revolve around things that haven't happened and anybody trying to apply a bit of logic to the situation is being grouped into some ridiculous clan.

• Like 1

View of a NC fan:

Grant Holt played for us for four seasons and was our top scorer in every one of those seasons and player of the season three out of four seasons.

He was the top scorer and player of the season in a Norwich team which finished 12th in the league.

Last season he was top scorer in a Norwich team which finished 11th in the league.

And suddenly Lambert is a joke for signing him and Holt is useless after a few months of leaving?

Unfortunately the joke is probably on us for replacing him with Johan Elmander (17 appearances, 0 goals) and spending £8.5m on Van Wolfswinkel (12 appearances, 1 goal).

Did you not see the other 50 views from the Norwich fans claiming Lambert had lost the plot?

I guarantee within the first month of Holt being here there will be some newspaper story about him having a scrap outside the arcadian because of a badly packed kebab

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

How will the desperate football we are watching week in week out suddenly improve with a lump like Holt upfront?

That's one of the things I'm demanding from Lambert in the second half of the season.

It won't, but odds are we won't be seeing a lot of Holt unless there are injuries.

Really? Was he?

Out of the 15 games kozak appeared in benteke appeared in 6 of them. You think lambert spent that money on kozak to only play when benteke was injured?

And TBH it doesn't matter how little he plays, if lambert can't cope without grant holt then why do you have such faith in him?

King of the strawman strikes again.

If you actually read my posts about Lambert then you'll find I am balanced. I'm not ridiculous to the point of wanting him out, but I have little to no faith with him in other aspects. Clearly you can't understand that it isn't as clear cut as 'you have faith in him' or 'you don't.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Helenius, Bowery, Gabby, Weimann, Delfouneso, Benteke should be enough with Kozak out. Albrighton and Tonev is also options on either side of 4-3-3 if that is preferred. So 8 players covering those 3 spots. No need for a loan deal for a player over the top.

This will be ignored and lambert will still get defended with the constraints he's had to work under.

Really? Was he?

And how many of those were starts?

No I don't believe Kozak was purchased for that, but this isn't the same kind of deal. We spent a fair bit of money on Kozak - Holt is just a 6 month loan signing that will likely be very cheap just to cover the injured Kozak.

Well I never agreed with this signing in the first place, I'm just not making a big deal out of it.

Edited by Mantis

Reminds me of when Harewood joined.  I wasn't happy then and I'm not happy with Holt.  He is the answer to a question I have not been asking.  That said, January is half done so there is time for more to follow and they say that a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Sadly this feels like starting a thousand mile journey with a kick in the nuts and some **** running off with your shoes.

Really? Was he?

Really? Was he?

Who said he can't cope?

Really? Was he?

King of the strawman strikes again.

Haha yet you can't answer it.

If he could cope without grant holt, then guess what? We wouldn't sign grant holt

Â