Grant Holt

samjp26

How low is his opinion of Helenius that he would make this signing?

There are two types of men in football.

Proper men, and girly big girls' blouses.

Grant Holt is a proper man.  Kind of broad at the shoulders and slim at the hips.

With a bit of Chubb and medieval football skills. Cant believe I just said skills while mentioning Holt.

How will the desperate football we are watching week in week out suddenly improve with a lump like Holt upfront?

That's one of the things I'm demanding from Lambert in the second half of the season.

It won't, but odds are we won't be seeing a lot of Holt unless there are injuries.

It almost feels as though the defenders of this signing are just doing it for the sake of it now. I'm pretty sure if anyone else in the league had picked up an overweight 32 year old that's featured in just 11 games for a mid table Championship side you'd be scratching your head and wondering why, or even having a good laugh at their expense.

Not a defender of the signing, just don't see why everyone going so over the top with their reactions.

Trust me, as I've said a few times now, I'll be very unhappy if this is our only signing. But there's over two weeks left of the window, so there's no need to get our panties in a twist just yet.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 2

Some quotes from Wigan fans, bit different to Norwich fans' opinions on Hoolahan:

"Please, please, please let it be true. I don't mind no-one coming in but please let us be rid of this lazy, fat oaf. That would make my month."

"Lambert must have unreal faith in his own ability to get the best out of players if this is true. Hell of a job to get Holt playing anything like a half decent striker and scoring again, let alone in the Premier League."

"That would make my Season!"

"Haha, next joke please.....oh wait, this for real?! How can a man with 2 goals in 20 odd games in the championship be going on loan back to the PL? I mean, I know Villa need extra bodies upfront, but they can't be this desperate can they? Bizarre thing is, I can see Holt bagging a few there. One of those strange things that can only happen in football."

"I feel very sorry for Villa fans right now."

Edited by samjp26

How will the desperate football we are watching week in week out suddenly improve with a lump like Holt upfront?

That's one of the things I'm demanding from Lambert in the second half of the season.

It won't, but odds are we won't be seeing a lot of Holt unless there are injuries.
We saw a fair amount of kozak and hes replaced him. Edited by Big_John_10

Some quotes from Wigan fans, bit different to Norwich fans' opinions on Hoolahan:

"Please, please, please let it be true. I don't mind no-one coming in but please let us be rid of this lazy, fat oaf. That would make my month."

"Lambert must have unreal faith in his own ability to get the best out of players if this is true. Hell of a job to get Holt playing anything like a half decent striker and scoring again, let alone in the Premier League."

My best mate is a Wigan fan, and used to be a coach there when Steve Bruce was manager.  He's just sent me some extremely uncomplimentary texts about Holt!

The bloke is just a battering ram

Why don't we just get Big John back in if we were looking at prehistoric lumps up front he was on trial at inter at the start of the season he is the same age as well

At least we would have had some good songs to sing 

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

I'm clearly in a minority that doesn't see a promlem with this. Inspiring? No, but as a sort term replacement for a injured kozak, why not?

We saw a fair amount of kozak and hes replaced him.

Yes, because Benteke was injured and/or out of form.

"Haha, next joke please.....oh wait, this for real?! How can a man with 2 goals in 20 odd games in the championship be going on loan back to the PL? I mean, I know Villa need extra bodies upfront, but they can't be this desperate can they? Bizarre thing is, I can see Holt bagging a few there. One of those strange things that can only happen in football."

"I feel very sorry for Villa fans right now."

Not surprising.

We saw a fair amount of kozak and hes replaced him.

You do know Benteke was injured for a fair few games right?

I don't think it really matters if he's cover for Kozak or not. It says a lot about the current state of this great football club that this is the caliber of player we are signing.

We signed Harewood on a permanent basis.

Habib Beye.

Gabor Kiraly and Didier Agathe.

Robert Pires.

This is nothing new.

And none of them signings came close to being as bad as Holt.

Harewood was a good premier league striker who had a good season or 2 at West Ham

Habib Beye was loved by Newcastle fans and was a good RB when brought in

Gabor Kiraly was a short term emergency loan, Agathe was a short term loan

Pires was fat and shit but he was also an incredible internationally famous winger at his height not a pie eating league 1 dirty footballer. At the time we had Ashley Young, Petrov and Downing in the midfield

This is far worse than those signings. Holt is lower league standard and proven cack before he joins

Â