Grant Holt

samjp26

He scored 25 goals for Norwich in the PL and they didn't just play hoof ball. He clearly had the footballing ability to play in the PL then. Whether he does now is another question entirely.

First Jordan Bowery now this, you are somehow trying to defend PL's possible signing of Grant Holt on loan, **** hell.

It's like you don't even read what is being posted.

For someone not defending the signing you've done an awful lot of defending the signing.

Seeing potential logic isn't defending and I think you know this :-)

He scored 25 goals for Norwich in the PL and they didn't just play hoof ball. He clearly had the footballing ability to play in the PL then. Whether he does now is another question entirely.

First Jordan Bowery now this, you are somehow trying to defend PL's possible signing of Grant Holt on loan, **** hell.

By your statement it strongly suggests you're trying to defend the possible signing, '25 goals for Norwich' and 'they didn't play hoof ball' etc. Just another decision that warrants PL's sacking, adding to the lacklustre performance yesterday evening. 

It's like the bolded part of my post isn't even there.

I can see it plain and clear fella but you still look like you want to see big Grant Holt up front playing a starring role at VP lol.

It was always a worry of mine with the appointment of Lambert we would get another Norwich, a team full of try hards but ultimately without quality.

We have certainly got that now but signing a Norwich cast off who can't get into a Championship side and is obviously so out of condition that he would look more comfortable in a pub team is a stretch too far for me.

For those people who see nothing wrong with this signing could you see any other Premiership manager signing him, even on loan?

I hope to wake up tomorrow morning and find that this has all just been a very bad dream after watching Bassett.

I don't think it's 'not seeing anything wrong' Morph, more that I can't see what all the moaning is about. No yet anyway. Considering we don't know how much he'll actually play and whether he'll be our only signing of the window. I think once those criteria are met, then the signing can be more accurately judged because right now none of us really know what the plan is.

That is my only viewpoint on the matter.

I think there a few reasons why people are moaning mate, the main thing though firstly I guess is because he is our first signing of the window and many of us believe we don't have a great deal of funds to bring players in with. Obviously it is a loan and I'd imagine Ireland's wages for the next 6 months will easily cover the loan, or at least I would hope that is the case.

A big worry for me is bringing in a player of Holt's nature will lead to continued play in the style of "hoof" - which goes completely against the whole point of us apparently trying to sign a number 10. Now I understand your opinion and others also: that he will play as a back-up because of Kozak being out. My problem there is I actually think Kozak would be playing quite a few games up top with Benteke for the rest of the season if he wasn't out, I actually think it is one of if not the plan that Lambert had in mind. If Holt becomes a back-up striker and we bring in more new faces that make sense for a better playing style with creativity that can lead to goals then fair enough, but I am worried that Holt is going to be partnered with Benteke a la Kozak on a regular basis. I personally think Holt isn't very good, isn't mobile, is very unfit and also very uninspiring in general. Wigan fans who have watched him all season all seem to think the same, so yeah, I'm worried Lambert will want him as a starter and that isn't something I'd like to see to be honest.

I actually find it hilarious that there are a group of people on here who actually really beleive they know

better than the Manager about who else he might be signing (the 'not a priority' people);

better than our fitness staff (he is fat etc etc - (in fact some of the most needlessly insulting comments about a prospective Villa player I have ever heard);

and they know how unimportant and embarrassing it is that PL thinks Holts maturity may matter - despite PL having actually worked with the player and, unlesss I am mistaken, none of the derisory bunch having done so.

And they all know we 'have enough strikers'.

They really think they really do 'know' so much about football that they appear to 'know' our Manager is an idiot.

Yet those self same people appear to be totally unaware how silly they sound.

No, Holt is not a top draw player. Yes, it does - or might - give an indication as to where we are with wages etc.

But he may well be able to play a worthwhile role - perhaps the Manager isn't an idiot ?

I see your point but if the links to Hoolahan, Naughton and now Holt are all true (i.e. all ex-players of his) then it suggests the manager is running out of ideas.

Or that he wants a certain sort of player for a certain sort of reason within a certain sort of budget and who are available ? And thus knows what he is doing but it doesn't suit the agenda of some of footballs more rabid vultures who prefer things like 'he has lost the plot' or 'doesn't know what he is doing'.

The same ones used to do my head in when MON was here calling for Luke Moore and Nathan Delfunso who have gone on to prove why the guy who 'didn't know what he was doing' didn't play them.

All so clever in front of a typewriter, all so knowledgable about what player might be needed - not for me thanks.

By your statement it strongly suggests you're trying to defend the possible signing, '25 goals for Norwich' and 'they didn't play hoof ball' etc. Just another decision that warrants PL's sacking, adding to the lacklustre performance yesterday evening. 

I can see it plain and clear fella but you still look like you want to see big Grant Holt up front playing a starring role at VP lol.

lol m8 yeh ur totally rite i luv a bit of grant lol

I actually find it hilarious that there are a group of people on here who actually really beleive they know

better than the Manager about who else he might be signing (the 'not a priority' people);

better than our fitness staff (he is fat etc etc - (in fact some of the most needlessly insulting comments about a prospective Villa player I have ever heard);

and they know how unimportant and embarrassing it is that PL thinks Holts maturity may matter - despite PL having actually worked with the player and, unlesss I am mistaken, none of the derisory bunch having done so.

They really think they really do 'know' so much about football that they appear to 'know' our Manager is an idiot.

No, Holt is not a top draw player. Yes, it does - or might - give an indication as to where we are with wages etc.

But he may well be able to play a worthwhile role - perhaps the Manager isn't an idiot ?

Complain about posters needlessly insulting Holt, whilst insulting a group of people with a similar viewpoint. Nice one.

We think we have enough strikers as most on hear can do basic maths.

I would call Holt fat because when I look at him I can see his is fat. I do not need to be a qualified fitness instructor in order to work this out

Great post terrytini. Top quality.

I actually find it hilarious that there are a group of people on here who actually really beleive they knowbetter than the Manager about who else he might be signing (the 'not a priority' people);better than our fitness staff (he is fat etc etc - (in fact some of the most needlessly insulting comments about a prospective Villa player I have ever heard);and they know how unimportant and embarrassing it is that PL thinks Holts maturity may matter - despite PL having actually worked with the player and, unlesss I am mistaken, none of the derisory bunch having done so.And they all know we 'have enough strikers'.They really think they really do 'know' so much about football that they appear to 'know' our Manager is an idiot.Yet those self same people appear to be totally unaware how silly they sound.No, Holt is not a top draw player. Yes, it does - or might - give an indication as to where we are with wages etc.But he may well be able to play a worthwhile role - perhaps the Manager isn't an idiot ?

Did you use this type of post when people questioned signing hutton? Or dawkins on loan last year?

No but I would have had I read similar comments. I would say exactly the same anytime when fans - in advance of watching how someone fits in - talk as if they have the various knowledge I have listed.

It's quite obvious you didn't read Stefan's post properly.

Complain about posters needlessly insulting Holt, whilst insulting a group of people with a similar viewpoint. Nice one.

We think we have enough strikers as most on hear can do basic maths.

I would call Holt fat because when I look at him I can see his is fat. I do not need to be a qualified fitness instructor in order to work this out

You are insulted because I said they don't know how silly they sound ? That isn't an insult it is simply an observation.

It was always a worry of mine with the appointment of Lambert we would get another Norwich, a team full of try hards but ultimately without quality.

We have certainly got that now but signing a Norwich cast off who can't get into a Championship side and is obviously so out of condition that he would look more comfortable in a pub team is a stretch too far for me.

For those people who see nothing wrong with this signing could you see any other Premiership manager signing him, even on loan?

I hope to wake up tomorrow morning and find that this has all just been a very bad dream after watching Bassett.

I don't think it's 'not seeing anything wrong' Morph, more that I can't see what all the moaning is about. No yet anyway. Considering we don't know how much he'll actually play and whether he'll be our only signing of the window. I think once those criteria are met, then the signing can be more accurately judged because right now none of us really know what the plan is.

That is my only viewpoint on the matter.

If Holt becomes a back-up striker and we bring in more new faces that make sense for a better playing style with creativity that can lead to goals then fair enough, but I am worried that Holt is going to be partnered with Benteke a la Kozak on a regular basis. I personally think Holt isn't very good, isn't mobile, is very unfit and also very uninspiring in general. Wigan fans who have watched him all season all seem to think the same, so yeah, I'm worried Lambert will want him as a starter and that isn't something I'd like to see to be honest.

Aye, I don't particularly rate Holt and will be annoyed if he's playing shite loads of games even if Benteke is fit. I'll also be fuming if this is the only piece of business we do. On the other hand, if Holt gets the same cameos that JBowz gets currently, then I can see him being more productive. I guess I'm just trying to look at the situation in a balanced way without just flat out thinking it's a bad signing.

Ffs lads have a bit of class. Crucify the guy if he does nothing but he's not even signed yet for feck sake. If and when he does, he's a villa player, so until he does on the pitch that he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt get behind him

Likelihood is he'll be a heskey, but he might be a Keane

• Like 3

I'll leave it there as I think you want to dream about the front pairing of Bowery and Holt banging in the goals this season at VP. **** hell I can't wait to see that.

I see your point but if the links to Hoolahan, Naughton and now Holt are all true (i.e. all ex-players of his) then it suggests the manager is running out of ideas.

Or that he wants a certain sort of player for a certain sort of reason within a certain sort of budget and who are available ? And thus knows what he is doing but it doesn't suit the agenda of some of footballs more rabid vultures who prefer things like 'he has lost the plot' or 'doesn't know what he is doing'.

The same ones used to do my head in when MON was here calling for Luke Moore and Nathan Delfunso who have gone on to prove why the guy who 'didn't know what he was doing' didn't play them.

All so clever in front of a typewriter, all so knowledgable about what player might be needed - not for me thanks.

If the budget is so tight that PL is forced down this route then fair enough, but I guess we'll never really know.

All said and done thought it's hard to defend this one.

If the budget is so tight that PL is forced down this route then fair enough, but I guess we'll never really know.

All said and done thought it's hard to defend this one.

I'll leave it there as I think you want to dream about the front pairing of Bowery and Holt banging in the goals this season at VP. **** hell I can't wait to see that.

And you carry on creating your own arguments because I didn't once say that Bowery was a good signing, nor that Holt would be a good signing. In fact, I said the total opposite. That I don't rate Holt. The fact you keep bringing the Bowery thing up when it's been done and dusted twice now I think shows that you have no more ideas.

If you're being sincere, this is frightening because you're showing a complete lack of any sort of reading comprehension which is pretty worrying for somebody hoping to go into a profession where you have to be able to read.

Toodles.

Â