Grant Holt

samjp26

Would rather we just used Helenius instead, Grant Holt looks a bit of a state these days. Frighteningly I could actually see him starting a few games alongside Benteke if we sign him, like Lambert tried with Kozak.

Be funny if he bangs a few goals in, if only just to see peoples reactions on here

He'll just be called shit, just like Kozak is. He could score 30 goals in 10 matches and he still wouldn't be good enough for some. 

He'll be called shit, because he is, fat and shit.  Grant Holt won't score 30 goals in the rest of his career.

• Like 2

I'm going to bed now, I can't wait to see holty make his debut for us, im getting a villa shirt with holt on back tomorrow. My dreams have come true

#holty4villa #properguy #chubbyplayingwellabovehisratherconsiderableweight

I don't think it really matters if he's cover for Kozak or not. It says a lot about the current state of this great football club that this is the caliber of player we are signing.

We signed Harewood on a permanent basis.

Habib Beye.

Gabor Kiraly and Didier Agathe.

Robert Pires.

This is nothing new.

Indeed. And we signed some of those players at the apparent height of our recent success.

Those are some awful signings no doubting that. But they did not come at a time when fan morale was at such a low.

MON could get away with some of those poor signings as they were not crucial, he had exciting signings like Milner, Young etc to get the fans excitement up. This Holt transfer comes at a time when the entire club needs a lift and the Holt signing just reaffirms to fans how bleak it is to be a Villa fan right now.

If we got Ince in or Zaha on loan, those are players whilst not being the big block buster signings we all crave, they should be within out budget and would give the fans a lift to see some attack minded players come in, 

Anyone? Anyone going to tell me why a good manager, after signing 4 strikers for the club, can't make his team work or play the way he wants without grant holt?

Because 1 (the one he's replacing) has a broken leg, Helenius isn't the same type of striker as Kozak and still getting to grips with league, and Bowery is that great. Plus Gabby is utilised as a wide man as is Weimann (who's been cack all season).

So I count 1 first team striker, 2 young backups and 2 wide men, plus one out for the rest of the season.

Holt most likely won't start, he's a Kozak replacement.

But you know, **** the logic behind the signing, let's slag off the club!

EDIT: I'll add, I'm not over the moon with the signing, but it makes sense, as long as it isn't our only signing, which I doubt.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

I don't think it really matters if he's cover for Kozak or not. It says a lot about the current state of this great football club that this is the caliber of player we are signing.

Habib Beye.

Robert Pires.

This is nothing new.

And none of them signings came close to being as bad as Holt.

Those signing were all terrible and, for the main part were picked for the starting XI.GH is designed for bench cover and hasn't played a second for us yet, so how have you come to that conclusion?

Did Lambert tell you that?

My assumption, fair do's. I've based this on him being unlikely to start ahead of Gabby and Benteke if they're fit. I guess he's as likely to play as often as Kozak was - deduce what you will from that.

He's hardly likely to build a team around a 6 month loanee though is he.

Anyone? Anyone going to tell me why a good manager, after signing 4 strikers for the club, can't make his team work or play the way he wants without grant holt?

Because 1 (the one he's replacing) has a broken leg, Helenius isn't the same type of striker as Kozak and still getting to grips with league, and Bowery is that great. Plus Gabby is utilised as a wide man as is Weimann (who's been cack all season).

So I count 1 first team striker, 2 young backups and 2 wide men, plus one out for the rest of the season.

EDIT: I'll add, I'm not over the moon with the signing, but it makes sense, as long as it isn't our only signing, which I doubt.

It makes sense? Signing a player not fit or good enough to play in the league below makes sense?

Be funny if he bangs a few goals in, if only just to see peoples reactions on here

Exactly. Probably the same people who said Robbie Keane was way over the hill, was crap and was an awful signing. Yes, slate him if he plays a few games and is terrible. Let's just see what happens eh?

• Like 1

Habib Beye.

Robert Pires.

This is nothing new.

Indeed. And we signed some of those players at the apparent height of our recent success.

Those are some awful signings no doubting that. But they did not come at a time when fan morale was at such a low.

MON could get away with some of those poor signings as they were not crucial, he had exciting signings like Milner, Young etc to get the fans excitement up. This Holt transfer comes at a time when the entire club needs a lift and the Holt signing just reaffirms to fans how bleak it is to be a Villa fan right now.

If we got Ince in or Zaha on loan, those are players whilst not being the big block buster signings we all crave, they should be within out budget and would give the fans a lift to see some attack minded players come in, 

Sorry I must have missed when the window closed.

Moan if and when we sign nobody else. Right now it's moaning about a potential disappointment rather than something that has actually happened.

It makes sense? Signing a player not fit or good enough to play in the league below makes sense?

Yes. One of our strikers has broken his leg. We have identified a similar striker who would cost very little and probably on lowish wages. We signed him on a 6 month deal. He most likely won't start ahead of Benteke and is better than our current Kozak backup, Bowery.

It makes sense. 

As long as he's just a loan signing until the end of the season i have no problem with it. He did a great job for Lambert at Norwich!

I've read though all the pages in this thread and I still haven't seen anything suggesting that we are signing Holt. Did Lambert mention it in the post match or something?

Yes he was asked about him and he confirmed his interest.

I've read though all the pages in this thread and I still haven't seen anything suggesting that we are signing Holt. Did Lambert mention it in the post match or something?

He talked about Holt but obviously didn't say he's signing. But this one is happening.

Â