Grant Holt

samjp26

I don't think it really matters if he's cover for Kozak or not. It says a lot about the current state of this great football club that this is the caliber of player we are signing.

We signed Harewood on a permanent basis.

Habib Beye.

Gabor Kiraly and Didier Agathe.

Robert Pires.

This is nothing new.

And none of them signings came close to being as bad as Holt.

Some people need to get a grip. A bench player on loan. I could see if we were shelling out a few million to sign him and give him a deal. But this is simply to add cover. It's clear just by looking at those who are so against this loan that some people just want something to moan over. 

But we HAVE cover! Helenius, Bowery and Weimann. Holt doesn't improve on them.

Weimann has started most of the season, along with Gabby & Benteke. That leaves Helenius and Bowery as cover and neither have done anything to look like Premier League footballers yet. adding Holt as another option with experience is sensible - it's hardly excessive to have 6 forwards if you start 3 of them in majority of matches.

Can someone explain to me then why we need holt if lambert is as good as some of you keep telling us? This great manager can't make it work without grant holt. And you're the ones telling us to have faith in him.

What a **** ridiculous straw man and you know it. Complete sarcastic, passive aggressive, condescending bollocks.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Come the end of the transfer window if we've signed no one else then I can understand the frustration. Still a long way to go. Stop **** moaning.

Exactly. A 6 month loan deal with a striker who has scored goals in the PL before, who the manager knows as cover.

If he plays every game.

If we sign nobody else.

Then yes, I'll be pissed off as ****, but right now no one can possibly say that.

Is he going to start ahead of Benteke or Gabby? No!

Is he going to play ahead of Helenius or Bowery? Probably

Considering how liitle game time they get, we're not going to see too much of him but I'd rather call upon Holt than J Bowz if honest.

Can someone explain to me then why we need holt if lambert is as good as some of you keep telling us? This great manager can't make it work without grant holt. And you're the ones telling us to have faith in him.

What a **** ridiculous straw man and you know it.

How is it? We have 5 strikers, 3 signed by lambert. So if hes as good as i keep getting told why can't he make it work without someone as shit as holt?

Come the end of the transfer window if we've signed no one else then I can understand the frustration. Still a long way to go. Stop **** moaning.

Exactly. A 6 month loan deal with a striker who has scored goals in the PL before, who the manager knows as cover.

If he plays every game.

If we sign nobody else.

Then yes, I'll be pissed off as ****, but right now no one can possibly say that.

Is he going to start ahead of Benteke or Gabby? No!

Is he going to play ahead of Helenius or Bowery? Probably

Considering how liitle game time they get, we're not going to see too much of him but I'd rather call upon Holt than J Bowz if honest.

It's funny. People spend all season slagging off Bowery and we bring in a player who is better than Bowery and would come on in his place and there's uproar.

• Like 1

I don't think it really matters if he's cover for Kozak or not. It says a lot about the current state of this great football club that this is the caliber of player we are signing.

Habib Beye.

Robert Pires.

This is nothing new.

Those signing were all terrible and, for the main part were picked for the starting XI.

GH is designed for bench cover and hasn't played a second for us yet, so how have you come to that conclusion?

Bonkers deal.

Holt looked finished at Norwich at prem level last season and I don't think he's scored many for Wigan.

Lambert seems to have this obsession with stockpiling his squad with a million 6ft + lumps to hoof the ball at.

We have two decent starting strikers tonight and Helenius and Weimann benched. Bowery didn't even make the 18. Gabby's in good form down the middile and hopefully tonight will get Benteke going again.

Awful deal that will contribute to the end of Lambert here.

Holt has no pace and we struggle to cross the ball unless Lowton is on form so how is Holt going to score goals here?!

What a **** ridiculous straw man and you know it.

How is it? We have 5 strikers, 3 signed by lambert. So if hes as good as i keep getting told why can't he make it work without someone as shit as holt?

You should be asking. How is it we have 5 strikers and still cant ******* score or even attack

Habib Beye.

Robert Pires.

This is nothing new.

Those signing were all terrible and, for the main part were picked for the starting XI.

GH is designed for bench cover and hasn't played a second for us yet, so how have you come to that conclusion?

Did Lambert tell you that? 

Â