Grant Holt

samjp26

I actually find it hilarious that there are a group of people on here who actually really beleive they know

better than the Manager about who else he might be signing (the 'not a priority' people);

better than our fitness staff (he is fat etc etc - (in fact some of the most needlessly insulting comments about a prospective Villa player I have ever heard);

and they know how unimportant and embarrassing it is that PL thinks Holts maturity may matter - despite PL having actually worked with the player and, unlesss I am mistaken, none of the derisory bunch having done so.

And they all know we 'have enough strikers'.

They really think they really do 'know' so much about football that they appear to 'know' our Manager is an idiot.

Yet those self same people appear to be totally unaware how silly they sound.

No, Holt is not a top draw player. Yes, it does - or might - give an indication as to where we are with wages etc.

But he may well be able to play a worthwhile role - perhaps the Manager isn't an idiot ?

Agree. I asked someone on here who exactly they would buy if they only had say £3 million and maybe £20k a week wages budget. They suggested a tottenham player who is on about £60k a week and would probably cost around 5-6 million lol!

Classic

Edited by sidcowans21
  • Like 2

I love one guy has even said - ' I know he is fat because he looks fat ' !

There you go Randy, and all the other owners, you can scrap science, medicine, fitness tests - just get this guy to 'look' at players......................FFS

It still blows mind how some of you have lowered your expectations of this club so much.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8414888.stm

This is our club just over 4 years ago. Would this team have signed Grant **** Holt.

I've literally just lost it. I've been patient for over 2 years. I want Lambert and his dreadful football and dreadful signings out of this club. If Holt is in the lineup or comes off the bench I will walk out of the ground I am not watching that fat excuse of a lower league footballer play for us.

You go girl!!

• Like 1

Well all signings are related to budgets ? If PL had 100 million and the wages to back it up it is fair for fans to assume he would try something else - unless they have expertly concluded the Manager is an idiot !

but if we have very little money then surely that makes wasting any of it on another striker even worse?

we have 2/3 more important positions requiring attention

One thing is for sure, I really hope there are funds there to bring in somebody creative as a plan A. 

Agreed. If Holt is our only signing then it is a complete and utter joke.

Another brilliant inciteful Post.

So whether or not the Club is able to attract players who are wanted by the Manager is irrelevant - 'buy more people' or be a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What ?

Bowery or holt off the bench? What kind of club are we becoming when that's the options we have?

I agree. It's shit.

But looking at that situation in isolation, who would you rather have coming off the bench? Because that's the way things are right now. It isn't right and it isn't good but that's the realism of the situation.

Nothing about defending the signing really.

He scored 25 goals for Norwich in the PL and they didn't just play hoof ball. He clearly had the footballing ability to play in the PL then. Whether he does now is another question entirely.

First Jordan Bowery now this, you are somehow trying to defend PL's possible signing of Grant Holt on loan, **** hell.

It's like you don't even read what is being posted.

By your statement it strongly suggests you're trying to defend the possible signing, '25 goals for Norwich' and 'they didn't play hoof ball' etc. Just another decision that warrants PL's sacking, adding to the lacklustre performance yesterday evening. 

It's like the bolded part of my post isn't even there.

I can see it plain and clear fella but you still look like you want to see big Grant Holt up front playing a starring role at VP lol.

lol m8 yeh ur totally rite i luv a bit of grant lol

I'll leave it there as I think you want to dream about the front pairing of Bowery and Holt banging in the goals this season at VP. **** hell I can't wait to see that.

And you carry on creating your own arguments because I didn't once say that Bowery was a good signing, nor that Holt would be a good signing. In fact, I said the total opposite. That I don't rate Holt. The fact you keep bringing the Bowery thing up when it's been done and dusted twice now I think shows that you have no more ideas.

If you're being sincere, this is frightening because you're showing a complete lack of any sort of reading comprehension which is pretty worrying for somebody hoping to go into a profession where you have to be able to read.

Toodles.

Another little personal dig there lol, you do seem to love an argument on here don't you fella. You decided to offer some points into the debate into why GH wouldn't be so bad a signing, says it all really #clueless

I actually find it hilarious that there are a group of people on here who actually really beleive they know

better than the Manager about who else he might be signing (the 'not a priority' people);

better than our fitness staff (he is fat etc etc - (in fact some of the most needlessly insulting comments about a prospective Villa player I have ever heard);

and they know how unimportant and embarrassing it is that PL thinks Holts maturity may matter - despite PL having actually worked with the player and, unlesss I am mistaken, none of the derisory bunch having done so.

And they all know we 'have enough strikers'.

They really think they really do 'know' so much about football that they appear to 'know' our Manager is an idiot.

Yet those self same people appear to be totally unaware how silly they sound.

No, Holt is not a top draw player. Yes, it does - or might - give an indication as to where we are with wages etc.

But he may well be able to play a worthwhile role - perhaps the Manager isn't an idiot ?

Complain about posters needlessly insulting Holt, whilst insulting a group of people with a similar viewpoint. Nice one.

We think we have enough strikers as most on hear can do basic maths.

I would call Holt fat because when I look at him I can see his is fat. I do not need to be a qualified fitness instructor in order to work this out

You are insulted because I said they don't know how silly they sound ? That isn't an insult it is simply an observation.

If I called someone derisory and silly I think they would feel insulted or something similar. I don't think they would think "he's made a good observation of my character traits"

One thing is for sure, I really hope there are funds there to bring in somebody creative as a plan A. 

So whether or not the Club is able to attract players who are wanted by the Manager is irrelevant - 'buy more people' or be a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What ?

What on earth are you on about? I've spent the entire thread discussing the positive logic behind the potential signing of Holt. If we only allocate enough funds for a Championship striker on a 6 month loan, that is a total joke for a PL side, regardless of size or stature. Surely that can't be argued against.

Bowery or holt off the bench? What kind of club are we becoming when that's the options we have?

Now that observation is fair enough.  You may be right to wonder, as they are not top Class options.

Perhaps if you answered the question honestly to yourself you might sleep better - after the first few nights of shock realisation !!

We are not what some fans wish we  - still ?  - were, nowhere near, and havent been for many many years.  In fact except for a couple of blips, we have been no more than a mid table side since before the Second World War.

This. I dont really care about Holt signing on loan if im honest. Yeah he looks overweight and we'll be hoofing it up to him (no doubt) if he does play but if im honest i dont care, as long as we win games (He scores/assists goals) . As mentioned his wages will probs be paid for from irelands wages.

BUT it is a must that we get someone creative irrelevant of Holt. Im sure PL is working on it and hopefully it will work out. If not, god help us and most of all god help PL.

Well all signings are related to budgets ? If PL had 100 million and the wages to back it up it is fair for fans to assume he would try something else - unless they have expertly concluded the Manager is an idiot !

but if we have very little money then surely that makes wasting any of it on another striker even worse?

we have 2/3 more important positions requiring attention

Although I don't see us pulling any starlets out of the bag, I'd imagine this would not have happened if there wasn't money to fulfil other positions that Lambert has already spoken about ('number 10'). Unless of course there is no money and Holt is being brought in to solidify the hoof ball tactic, which is basically my major worry.

• Like 2

He scored 25 goals for Norwich in the PL and they didn't just play hoof ball. He clearly had the footballing ability to play in the PL then. Whether he does now is another question entirely.

First Jordan Bowery now this, you are somehow trying to defend PL's possible signing of Grant Holt on loan, **** hell.

By your statement it strongly suggests you're trying to defend the possible signing, '25 goals for Norwich' and 'they didn't play hoof ball' etc. Just another decision that warrants PL's sacking, adding to the lacklustre performance yesterday evening. 

I can see it plain and clear fella but you still look like you want to see big Grant Holt up front playing a starring role at VP lol.

I'll leave it there as I think you want to dream about the front pairing of Bowery and Holt banging in the goals this season at VP. **** hell I can't wait to see that.

And you carry on creating your own arguments because I didn't once say that Bowery was a good signing, nor that Holt would be a good signing. In fact, I said the total opposite. That I don't rate Holt. The fact you keep bringing the Bowery thing up when it's been done and dusted twice now I think shows that you have no more ideas.

If you're being sincere, this is frightening because you're showing a complete lack of any sort of reading comprehension which is pretty worrying for somebody hoping to go into a profession where you have to be able to read.

Toodles.

Another little personal dig there lol, you do seem to love an argument on here don't you fella. You decided to offer some points into the debate into why GH wouldn't be so bad a signing, says it all really #clueless

1) Apologies for sounding adolescent but 'you started it'.

2) I decided to explore the logic behind the potential signing.

3) You got personal first with your pathetic attempt to discredit me by mentioning the Bowery thing which wasn't even true and by claiming that I wanted to see Bowery and Holt up front.

4) I thought you were 'leaving it there'?

Edited by StefanAVFC

What ?

What on earth are you on about? I've spent the entire thread discussing the positive logic behind the potential signing of Holt. If we only allocate enough funds for a Championship striker on a 6 month loan, that is a total joke for a PL side, regardless of size or stature. Surely that can't be argued against.

I dont see we are a joke just because we dont buy players.

We may be unambitious, broke, fussy, unimaginative, or whatever, but why should we be a joke ? If the right players wont come, they wont come.lots of Clubs wont get people - are they all a joke ?

What ?

I dont see we are a joke just because we dont buy players.

We may be unambitious, broke, fussy, unimaginative, or whatever, but why should we be a joke ? If the right players wont come, they wont come.lots of Clubs wont get people - are they all a joke ?

It's a joke because the manager clearly wants the players and he isn't being given the funds to do so.

Toodles.

1) Apologies for sounding adolescent but 'you started it'.

2) I decided to explore the logic behind the potential signing.

3) You got personal first with your pathetic attempt to discredit me by mentioning the Bowery thing which wasn't even true and by claiming that I wanted to see Bowery and Holt up front.

4) I thought you were 'leaving it there'?

Yawn, how do I ignore posts I don't want to see. PM please ;)

Â