Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Kinda hope we don't sign Hoolahan.

Yes he might be a bit better than what we have, but if he comes here i fear he'll be our main ACM for the next 2,5 seasons and that will just be depressing.

As i stands now we'll hopefully get enough points to stay up without him and starting next season with Hoolahan 32 as our playmaker... well i hope we won't.

I don't think Lambert would sign Hoolahan and then put him on the bench half a season later and i doubt Lerner will shell our for another pricier ACM in the summer having sign Hoolahan now.

If it's something like £1m and £15-20k/w then fine, but if it's closer to £2-3m and £25-30k/w i really don't want him here.

This is my worry also.

We need a lot better than Hoolahan to progress, and we certainly do not need him standing in the way of our young players.

Young players need someone to emulate.

The whole saga does make Norwich look so so smalltime. They won't sell a player; they don't play, who wants to go, who has around 12 months left on his contract to a club who wants him and he wants to go to.......

Just because that club is Aston Villa and their manager is Paul Lambert

No it doesn't Harry, in fact quite the opposite in my opinion, why should we bow down and give in when toys are thrown out of his pram?

Mind you, I'm not sure I want to see him in a City shirt again now.

He's burning a lot of bridges.

Do you think Norwich would accept a £2m bid from Fulham for Hoolahan? I do.

Norwich just don't want to sell to Villa.

No, its just not Villa imo its anyone now, its got personal and thats sad.

Yes he might be a bit better than what we have, but if he comes here i fear he'll be our main ACM for the next 2,5 seasons and that will just be depressing.

As i stands now we'll hopefully get enough points to stay up without him and starting next season with Hoolahan 32 as our playmaker... well i hope we won't.

I don't think Lambert would sign Hoolahan and then put him on the bench half a season later and i doubt Lerner will shell our for another pricier ACM in the summer having sign Hoolahan now.

If it's something like £1m and £15-20k/w then fine, but if it's closer to £2-3m and £25-30k/w i really don't want him here.

This is my worry also.

We need a lot better than Hoolahan to progress, and we certainly do not need him standing in the way of our young players.

I think he's perfect in that regard - If he was 26 he'd be standing in the way of the likes of Grealish and Carruthers, but if anything signing him now means that group of players he's an experienced head and can step in and take the pressure of the young guys. Helps that they're all Irish too.

• Like 1

The whole saga does make Norwich look so so smalltime. They won't sell a player; they don't play, who wants to go, who has around 12 months left on his contract to a club who wants him and he wants to go to.......

No it doesn't Harry, in fact quite the opposite in my opinion, why should we bow down and give in when toys are thrown out of his pram?

I don't think it makes you look small time.

But I would question why Norwich are so insistent on him staying if everything we're hearing is true.

If he was playing every week then I could understand. You wouldn't want to sell a key player and would be standing firm.

But it doesn't seem like Wes has been an integral part of the Norwich team this season.

So it is a bit puzzling as to why Norwich would sacrifice the 1-2m they'll get for him if they sell now just to not do business with us.

They'll be giving up money just to have an unhappy player who they won't use and who they have to pay for the rest of the season.

Like I said, I don't see it as small time, but I do find it a bit odd. Are relations really that bad between norwich and Lambert that they won't do any business with him, even if it's to the detriment of their own club?

But I would question why Norwich are so insistent on him staying if everything we're hearing is true.

If he was playing every week then I could understand. You wouldn't want to sell a key player and would be standing firm.

But it doesn't seem like Wes has been an integral part of the Norwich team this season.

So it is a bit puzzling as to why Norwich would sacrifice the 1-2m they'll get for him if they sell now just to not do business with us.

They'll be giving up money just to have an unhappy player who they won't use and who they have to pay for the rest of the season.

Like I said, I don't see it as small time, but I do find it a bit odd. Are relations really that bad between norwich and Lambert that they won't do any business with him, even if it's to the detriment of their own club?

As I said Stevo, I think its just got personal between Wes and our club, and our CEO McNally won't back down.

As I said Stevo, I think its just got personal between Wes and our club, and our CEO McNally won't back down.

But if somebody insulted you like that, you'd want them as far away as possible not keep them on board as revenge, surely?

the same McNally that wouldnt back down about Lambert not leaving, or Culverhouse and Karsa not leaving ;)

This is my worry also.

Hoolahan is turning 32 has just over 50 top flight games and 7 caps for ireland, hopefully our youngsters aim higher than that.

• Like 2

This is my worry also.

Hoolahan is turning 32 has just over 50 top flight games and 7 caps for ireland, hopefully our youngsters aim higher than that.

Was about to say something similar.

You got there before me.

This is my worry also.

Was certainly a late bloomer but the last five years of any potential Ireland career he may have had were wiped out by Trappatoni's insistence on playing the likes of Glenn Whelan, Paul Green, and Keith Andrews to the exclusion of anyone who could actually play football such as Darron Gibson, Andy Reid, and Wes. On the few occasions he did play he did well and even scored I think.

He came straight into the side when MON and RK came in.

Well done Lambert, even though we've not got the player, your actions have resulted in many Norwich fans no longer wanting the manager to play a player that many of them said was their most talented player!

:D That's one way to weaken your rivals for the 2nd half of the season.

• Like 2

Â