Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Nothing against him at all but TBH id hope we have better targets in mind for the summer. 

A major benefit of Wes was that he would be able to hit the ground running, as he is used to playing in this league.  However its becoming slightly less of an issue now with us having a slight buffer in the league and a more confident team.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

I don't think a club should be bullied into selling their players if they don't want to.

We would be saying what a strong stance we were taking if the roles were reversed, not calling ourselves small time.

It seemed pretty obvious this deal was not happening when they rejected the player's transfer request, I hope we moved on after that.

But this is the point I was trying to make.

I agree that they shouldn't be bullied into selling. But my point is why are they resisting so much?

If he was a regular then I'd totally understand and see their reasoning.

BUt I just don't see why they are so unwilling to let him go when he doesn't play, wants to leave and they'll get a half decent sum for him.

Well we don't really know that as we don't know how much we have offered and no other club has come in offering anything better.

Perhaps we didn't meet the asking price? Perhap there was a special price for us after all the crap we put them through with their coaching staff and young keeper?

Who knows really? At the end of the day it is their player so they call the shots here.

Nick Mashiter ‏@nmashiter_star

McNally was only member of the #ncfc board who put his foot down over Lambert #avfc move in 2012. Hence the almighty mess.

While they didn't want to lose PL #ncfc board felt he'd served his time. McNally told PL he was going nowhere. Why so bitter now. #avfc

Lol this McNally really is a moron, maybe Lambert banged his wife or something because it appears to be personal.

You cant stop a manager from leaving and why on earth would you put your foot down over that matter? That's it, piss the manager off who runs the entire club and could destroy it from the inside.

Hope they get relegated and we offer them 50k for Wes in the summer.

• Like 1

I don't think a club should be bullied into selling their players if they don't want to.

We would be saying what a strong stance we were taking if the roles were reversed, not calling ourselves small time.

It seemed pretty obvious this deal was not happening when they rejected the player's transfer request, I hope we moved on after that.

But this is the point I was trying to make.

I agree that they shouldn't be bullied into selling. But my point is why are they resisting so much?

If he was a regular then I'd totally understand and see their reasoning.

BUt I just don't see why they are so unwilling to let him go when he doesn't play, wants to leave and they'll get a half decent sum for him.

Well we don't really know that as we don't know how much we have offered and no other club has come in offering anything better.

Perhaps we didn't meet the asking price? Perhap there was a special price for us after all the crap we put them through with their coaching staff and young keeper?

Who knows really? At the end of the day it is their player so they call the shots here.

Half decent compared to how much they'll get for him in the summer or next year if they don't sell him now, especially if he's not going to be heavily involved.

I'm not debating their right to keep him. I fully back them on that.

I just don't understand WHY they are so keen to do so, given the context.

feels rather petty to have beef with Norwich of all clubs really...

No more so than B'ham, or West Brom, or Wolves......okay they're local but they're no closer to rivalling us outside of geographical location than Narwich.

I have a few friends who are Narwich fans and they're good people but I really really want them to go down now, maybe even a cataclismic decline in finances leading to them sliding back down to League 1 or 2 and a Portsmouth type scenario of which McWally is the chief architect

when its personal...logic is just illogical.

sounds personal to me, which makes analysing seem impossible.

ps it sounds like they don't want us to have him, more than they want him themselves.....bit like blues fans hate us, more than they like themselves....blimey found a bit logic in it all, i think

Edited by TRO

No more so than B'ham, or West Brom, or Wolves......okay they're local but they're no closer to rivalling us outside of geographical location than Narwich.

I have a few friends who are Narwich fans and they're good people but I really really want them to go down now, maybe even a cataclismic decline in finances leading to them sliding back down to League 1 or 2 and a Portsmouth type scenario of which McWally is the chief architect

It sounds like it's now got personal for you ;)

It sounds like it's now got personal for you ;)

Indeed it has, the time has come to wage my one man war on Norfolk and all who dwell within the beast

Â