Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

He's also more than entitled to voice his opinion (it's called freedom of speech) when and wherever he chooses. Whether it makes him come across well or not is matter of opinion and whether or not it'll make any difference in him leaving Norwich remains to be seen.

Bit disappointing to see him do this, I wouldn't be happy if it was one of our own. He's contracted to Norwich, and has been dropped out of the squad for a few games. He should be professional and respect the fact they pay his contract.

Players seem to think they can run the show nowadays.

Well Norwich are acting like assholes so no surprise the guy is majorly pissed off,  all he did was say that things are f**king shit which for him at this moment in time they are.  He has barely played for them and then Villa come in for him probably gonna offer him a 2 and a half year deal with better wages and a signing on fee but it looks like it won't happen because Norwich are being childish.  I'd be pissed off if it was me.

He has played 12 games this season, I also think he's had the odd injury.

Edited by VillaAlex

If Lambert puts all his effort into signing Wes and Norwich stand firm doesnt that make us a little bit stupid.

No not really.  If we get Hoolahan at anything below 2 million then it would be fantastic business.  Name me another decent attacking midfielder with premiership experience that would be available for 2 million.?  Lambert has to work within our budget 

• Like 1

Bit disappointing to see him do this, I wouldn't be happy if it was one of our own. He's contracted to Norwich, and has been dropped out of the squad for a few games. He should be professional and respect the fact they pay his contract.

Well Norwich are acting like assholes so no surprise the guy is majorly pissed off,  all he did was say that things are f**king shit which for him at this moment in time they are.  He has barely played for them and then Villa come in for him probably gonna offer him a 2 and a half year deal with better wages and a signing on fee but it looks like it won't happen because Norwich are being childish.  I'd be pissed off if it was me.

He has played 12 games this season, I also think he's had the odd injury.

He has started 5 games and played a total of 418 minutes in the premiership.  that's less than 5 games altogether out of the 23 games Norwich have played.

Yup - Think Wes is acting like a bit of a tit myself. I understand his frustrations, but he signed a contract, he should honour it.

Definitely, from he's pov though he is at a club that actively tried to get rid of him in the summer, have hardly played him this season & now because it big bad Aston villa who want him they are using him to make a point that they are not happy with us.

Horrible situation for the player to be in, but once again its Norwich who are looking rather silly in all of this

I've got to admit that I've not saw much of this guy but I'm encouraged by the positive views of our Irish members. For that reason I really hope this comes off.

Yup - Think Wes is acting like a bit of a tit myself. I understand his frustrations, but he signed a contract, he should honour it.

To be fair, the girl said it was an off mic comment. It's usually insinuated in that that you don't go and tell the bloody world

id be normally upset by a player doing this but Norwich have been petty and childish in this entire saga

Agreed. If he was a vital player of their squad maybe his comments might be disrespectful, but here is a guy rotting on a bench being denied first term football elsewhere because of a grudge Norwich have with ourselves. Really can't blame the guy for being upset.

didn't we have a similar situation with Benteke

whether we like them or it, he's their player....they clearly don't want to deal with us unless Lambert knows something we don't.....end of.

If Lambert puts all his effort into signing Wes and Norwich stand firm doesnt that make us a little bit stupid.

Did it make Rafa/Kenny (can't remember who it was) look stupid re: Barry

Did it make Rednapp look stupid re: Odemwingie (certainly made the player look stupid)

There are plenty more I'm sure but can't think of them, anyway, no I do not believe it makes us look stupid

He's desperate to come and play for Villa, whilst I wouldn't like it if it was one of ours I'm happy to encourage it on this occasion because guess what? It benefits us.

I want players to be so desperate to play for us that they're willing to take risks, shows desire

• Like 2

He's desperate to come and play for Villa, whilst I wouldn't like it if it was one of ours I'm happy to encourage it on this occasion because guess what? It benefits us.

I want players to be so desperate to play for us that they're willing to take risks, shows desire

This pretty much. "Fickle" or whatever, I don't really care as long as it's to the benefit of this football club.

didn't we have a similar situation with Benteke

whether we like them or it, he's their player....they clearly don't want to deal with us unless Lambert knows something we don't.....end of.

This is a little bit different. 

Â