Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

If Lambert puts all his effort into signing Wes and Norwich stand firm doesnt that make us a little bit stupid.

Did it make Rafa/Kenny (can't remember who it was) look stupid re: Barry

Did it make Rednapp look stupid re: Odemwingie (certainly made the player look stupid)

There are plenty more I'm sure but can't think of them, anyway, no I do not believe it makes us look stupid

It did with Rafa because it unsettled Alonso.

I agree with you that it won't make us look stupid, though, as it is just a manager trying to improve a position we are weak in, although I'd prefer to see Bacuna play in the Hoolahan role, and see a big, strong defensive midfielder come in.

If Lambert puts all his effort into signing Wes and Norwich stand firm doesnt that make us a little bit stupid.

Did it make Rafa/Kenny (can't remember who it was) look stupid re: Barry

Did it make Rednapp look stupid re: Odemwingie (certainly made the player look stupid)

There are plenty more I'm sure but can't think of them, anyway, no I do not believe it makes us look stupid

It did with Rafa because it unsettled Alonso.

I agree with you that it won't make us look stupid, though, as it is just a manager trying to improve a position we are weak in, although I'd prefer to see Bacuna play in the Hoolahan role, and see a big, strong defensive midfielder come in.

Hmmm, did okay there last night but I'm still not convinced that he's consistent enough to play in the hole 'full time'.

I think there's a lot of potential in Bacuna, given that this is his first season but I see him as more of a dynamic kind of player, akin maybe to Ramires at Chelski, maybe.

Just don't think he has the composure and range of passing (at the moment at least) to sit there, also not massively convinced Hoolahan's that man either though the indications are that he may well be.

He's put himself in a difficult situation, if he doesn't go then he's going to be getting the "Bomb Squad" treatment from Norwich.

And let's be honest, who would blame them?

I think the best scenario now is we bid £2m and everyone saves a bit of face.

If we did indeed bid only £750k, I'm not surprised they told us to do one!

Bit disappointing to see him do this, I wouldn't be happy if it was one of our own. He's contracted to Norwich, and has been dropped out of the squad for a few games. He should be professional and respect the fact they pay his contract.

Players seem to think they can run the show nowadays.

Well Norwich are acting like assholes so no surprise the guy is majorly pissed off,  all he did was say that things are f**king shit which for him at this moment in time they are.  He has barely played for them and then Villa come in for him probably gonna offer him a 2 and a half year deal with better wages and a signing on fee but it looks like it won't happen because Norwich are being childish.  I'd be pissed off if it was me.

No, we won't be bullied by players who were happy to extend their contract a few months ago.

Bit disappointing to see him do this, I wouldn't be happy if it was one of our own. He's contracted to Norwich, and has been dropped out of the squad for a few games. He should be professional and respect the fact they pay his contract.

Players seem to think they can run the show nowadays.

Well Norwich are acting like assholes so no surprise the guy is majorly pissed off,  all he did was say that things are f**king shit which for him at this moment in time they are.  He has barely played for them and then Villa come in for him probably gonna offer him a 2 and a half year deal with better wages and a signing on fee but it looks like it won't happen because Norwich are being childish.  I'd be pissed off if it was me.

No, we won't be bullied by players who were happy to extend their contract a few months ago.

That's fair enough but if the truth is that ye would rather keep a player who barely plays and is unhappy rather than sell him to us then imo that is extremely childish and idiotic.

Why do they hate us so much? Managers move on to bigger and better things every season in this sport.

What's so special about Lambert? He left them in a better nick than he found; that's for sure.

I think part of the reason is a little bit of arrogance shown on our part.

All the "Little Norwich" comments are going to rub them up the wrong way, we'd be exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

• Like 3

Yup - Think Wes is acting like a bit of a tit myself. I understand his frustrations, but he signed a contract, he should honour it.

Definitely, from he's pov though he is at a club that actively tried to get rid of him in the summer, have hardly played him this season & now because it big bad Aston villa who want him they are using him to make a point that they are not happy with us.

Horrible situation for the player to be in, but once again its Norwich who are looking rather silly in all of this

Benteke anyone?

Yup - Think Wes is acting like a bit of a tit myself. I understand his frustrations, but he signed a contract, he should honour it.

Definitely, from he's pov though he is at a club that actively tried to get rid of him in the summer, have hardly played him this season & now because it big bad Aston villa who want him they are using him to make a point that they are not happy with us.

Horrible situation for the player to be in, but once again its Norwich who are looking rather silly in all of this

Benteke anyone?

This is nothing like the Benteke situation.

Benteke anyone?

This is nothing like the Benteke situation.

player wants to leave - check

club wants to buy player - check

club won't pay the amount the owners want - check

club won't let player leave - check

It's pretty similar in fairness. The only difference is Benteke was playing at the time, Hoolahan is not

• Like 1

That one difference is pretty massive with regards to context in football transfers.

The only things that matter in cases like this is whether the current owner can agree a fee with another club. If they can't, everything else is moot, whether the player is playing or not

Â