Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

He's really not worth all the effort, imo. Should have set sights on an alternative a while back. 

Not for the money we have to spend.

We'd end up with an attacking version of Luna and Lambert would be abused for it. We won't move forward till the dictatorship at the top piss off.

Im not that bothered about the player, but I would be concerned if I was a Norwich fan, and these rumours prove true.

Surely the point of selling a player is to get the best outcome for your club, not to let childish grievances cloud your judgement.

At the end of the day it is their player under a contract to them, CB put in a transfer request and we did not want him to leave either, At the time we were not pleased with Spuds so why should Norwich not be mad with us, we are both teams trying to survive in this division and neither has a right to damand to have a player just because they want him and the player wants to go. although I will be disapointed if we dont get him I can fully understand their stance, as for how much he is worth then that is up to the selling club to decide not the buying club. We offered what we thought he was worth or how much we were prepared to pay and they said it was not enough. either we meet there valuation or move on, If another team meets the valuation they have set and they accept then why does this have to be seen as a personal attack on us.

You can't compare this to benteke. We actually granted his transfer request but had no offers so I don't know how we could of been unhappy with spurs.

If this other club meets their valuation and we don't then we can't complain.

The club may have agreed the request but us fans didn't. read back and you will see spuds had a valuation it did not meet ours and according to hearsay we turned it down.

Benteke actually turned Spurs down 

that doesn't mean a fee had been agreed between the clubs but had it been it would have been unlikely he would have then joined

so the same could apply to WH ... he turns down the other club and Norwich really end up with no option but to sell him to us , or pay him £xx,000 a week to sit on his arse

• Like 1

He's really not worth all the effort, imo. Should have set sights on an alternative a while back. 

Not for the money we have to spend.

We'd end up with an attacking version of Luna and Lambert would be abused for it. We won't move forward till the dictatorship at the top piss off.

I'm not convinced about this number 10 that'll miraculously get us shooting up the league. I think Hoolahan would give us another attacking option, particularly at home but I don't think it's essential at this point, we've proven we can score goals and look dangerous with a fit, inform attack. I'd rather we spent our limited money on a CB at this point and bring in better quality than Hoolahan in the summer, I don't believe we're as cash strapped to the point where Hoolahan is the absolute best player we're able to bring in. It would feel a bit frustrating and panicky if we paid over the odds for him on the deadline tonight. 

However, I would have liked that number 10 option to have, to change things at home but I think we should forget about this one. 

Edited by nobler

If I was a Norwich fan and found out we had sold a player for a lesser valuation than we had been offered previously I would wonder about the sanity of the people running my club.

I wonder if Wes will just want out or will play them at their own game.......

It's brilliant that in that Norwich forum they're saying '50 odd pages how sad', neglecting to understand that the reason for that is the difference in size of the fan base and how many people are on this forum... which would also be an indicator that our club may actually be a little 'bigger' despite their constant attempts to ensure themselves that 'villa are tiny, honest guys, they've never* won anything'.

This is completely ignoring that our "meltdown" consists of a shrug of the shoulders and a general feeling of apathy - he's worth what we've offered and no more, move on. I don't think any of us are annoyed, just humoured that Norwich can make this business seem so personal.

We look desperate.

Not really or we'd have offered 3-4M for him.  We haven't

What we have tried to do is not leave a player hanging who has basically done his level best,  including telling his current employers what he thinks of them, to get away

If I was a Norwich fan and found out we had sold a player for a lesser valuation than we had been offered previously I would wonder about the sanity of the people running my club.

I wonder if Wes will just want out or will play them at their own game.......

Seems they are already pissed off he isn't selected ...IMO if he was playing for them regularly this whole situation wouldn't of arisen 

Im not that bothered about the player, but I would be concerned if I was a Norwich fan, and these rumours prove true.

Surely the point of selling a player is to get the best outcome for your club, not to let childish grievances cloud your judgement.

About where i am on this too, let him go already, why would we want to give money to that guy who's clearly using Norwich City as a means to display his personal issues? I do genuinely feel sorry for Norwich fans having such a bitter man at the helm who puts his own emotions ahead of their club. This could be Hoolahan's last major move too being 31, to deny any player that is just despicable. Especially when he is not being played either at that stage in his career. I have no problem with Norwich City or their fans but my goodness me.

It's nothing to do with being too overly concerned about missing out on the player either, it would be nice to get a no.10 in of course but it's hardly a major issue.. 

Yep, the ''mystery bidder' is WBA according to a few people.

This could get very funny.

Do Narwich sell to WBA to try and piss us off? They could look like petty muppets.

Does Hoolahan tell WBA and Narwich to **** off, and leave Narwich will an 18 month wage bill or force them to,deal with us.

We should just sit in the corner and smirk.

We have put in 3 bids apparently, this is not an indication we have moved on, If it is Albion then so what, they have as much right as us, at the end of the day Norwich have what they and most teams would want - a bidding war to get the best price for them, If they sell for less than we offered then yes this is poor, if they sell to Albion then they are helping a direct relegation contender, At the moment though its all conjecture as no quotes have been given as to how much each club has offered.

Edited by VillakevBromsgrove

Â