The R word

villanwesty88

What concerns me is realistically we only have 4-games left to go as we likely won't get anything out of Man City or Tottenham, so where are the points coming from? We ideally need to win 2 in 4 but this is Villa and winning doesn't come naturally. We could draw all 4 and end on 38 points but again we struggle to keep clean sheets and we don't have many goals in the squad to counter that. What worries me is I really can't see us staying up of our own volition as we will be relying on a team below us just not managing it. I just hope one of the teams below us lacks the fight as much as we do cause if not I fear for us.  

Palace L, southampton L, swansea D, hull W, city L, spurs L. That's my opinion but take into account if we lose our next 2 which I think we will our confidence will be even worse than it is now, and if the teams below us manage to pick up some points from their next 2 games pressure will be huge.

There is not a chance we will go down. Firstly, we will win one of our last few games. Secondly, 34 points already will probably be enough. 

ok we'll leave 'til next year then.

Yesterday was a double kick in the bollocks for us. We not only lost but the win for Fulham has given them a huge boost. I now fully expect them to beat Norwich next week and if we fail to get anything at Palace we will be just 4 points above the drop zone.

We are fortunate that there is some real sh*t in this division this season. 34 points may well be enough to keep us up. 37 most definitely will be. It will not be any kind of achievement though scrapping survival.

There are always rubbish teams in the premier league. Sadly we're part of that group nowadays.

I think the bottom half of the league has been the poorest it's been for years and years, how many of the teams down there will even get to 40 points?

It just shows you how bad you have to be to good down nowadays. We've had a good go at it the last few years breaking all sorts of home records.

• Like 1

Basically we need the season to end ASAP as any longer and we would be going down.Hull and Southampton left at home and can easily see us losing both.Spurs last day with them nothing to play for probably our best hope of points.

A point off Palace (A), Swansea (A) and Hull (H) should be enough to secure safety..... Expect losses from Southampton, Man Citeh and Spudzzz (so anything from them will be a major bonus)

Not saying that's good enough as in standards but it looks like we're going to have to limp across the line and prepare better for next season.

As for the other teams below us, they've all got very tricky fixtures so I can't see them all getting the required results to see us down.

Edited by theboyangel

If we get KEA and Delph back that will help.KEA no world beater but wins balls in midfield that stop opposition.Been far worse since he went off injured.

If Norwich don't beat Fulham I can see them going as they have been terrible against the tops teams and thats all they have left.Sunderland lose tomorrow and they also have a very tough run in.Cardiff no escape for them.

If we get KEA and Delph back that will help.KEA no world beater but wins balls in midfield that stop opposition.Been far worse since he went off injured.

If Norwich don't beat Fulham I can see them going as they have been terrible against the tops teams and thats all they have left.Sunderland lose tomorrow and they also have a very tough run in.Cardiff no escape for them.

When are Delph and KEA due to return anyway? We desperately need them back.

Edited by Mantis

Palace L, southampton L, swansea D, hull W, city L, spurs L. That's my opinion but take into account if we lose our next 2 which I think we will our confidence will be even worse than it is now, and if the teams below us manage to pick up some points from their next 2 games pressure will be huge.

Dunno if Steve B has ever lost as a manager @ VP - I certainly don't fancy our defence v Long + Jelvic - esp on yesterdays showing

Swansea is the only game I can see us pick up points in. Hull & Palace can handle our inept attack rather comfortably. Southampton will look for a spot of revenge, and we're at home, which means we won't turn up. Citeh are going for the title. Spurs... well we could get something if they have nothing to play for and we really need the points. At most we'll get around 4 points, which will probably be enough to get us over the line, but it will be yet another poor conclusion to yet another directionless, dull, unambitious season.