The R word

villanwesty88

There are always rubbish teams in the premier league. Sadly we're part of that group nowadays.

I think the bottom half of the league has been the poorest it's been for years and years, how many of the teams down there will even get to 40 points?

It just shows you how bad you have to be to good down nowadays. We've had a good go at it the last few years breaking all sorts of home records.

I think that's completely incorrect. the Bottom half is better, that's why it's so competitive now. There's no whipping boys anymore, it's never a given any more that the top 4 teams will beat the bottom lot as has been proved over and over this season, gone are the days of teams winning the league with 1 or 2 losses. Disregarding the top 8, the rest are very even, just look at some of the players at Fulham who are bottom. Heitinga, Risse, Sidwell, Richardson, Hangeland, Parker, Rodallega, and before January, Berbatov. Experienced Premier League players as well as dangerous players like Dejagah and Holtby.

The points total has little to do with the quality of teams, because the league as a whole can get better or worse.

• Like 4

With the way we are playing at the moment and the injuries we seem to keep picking up ,i honestly can't see where the next point is coming from .I am hoping Hull are in the Cup Final by the time we play them and have a eye on the cup final and leave one or two out

Palace L, southampton L, swansea D, hull W, city L, spurs L. That's my opinion but take into account if we lose our next 2 which I think we will our confidence will be even worse than it is now, and if the teams below us manage to pick up some points from their next 2 games pressure will be huge.

hull are a better team than us so it would not surprise me if we lost but I think we have one win in us before the end of season.

Dunno if Steve B has ever lost as a manager @ VP - I certainly don't fancy our defence v Long + Jelvic - esp on yesterdays showing

I think next season will be our time to be honest. Ironically Benteke being out until October may help because it means he won't be sold in summer. I can't see a club buying a player who has a serious injury. But when he is fit again he will probably leave in January.

If Fulham win next week and we lose then we'll only be four points above the relegation zone.

We might have to count on Norwich losing those last four games except I doubt they will lose them all.

That's what I mean. If we get beat next week and fulham win plus the other teams get points it aint looking that good is it. Then we have southampton at home, say we lose that which there is a really good chance we will then how many points clear will we be. Mark my words I bet 2 teams below us have a decent run of results. I think we will stay up just about but its going to be close.

It's also annoying that we have to hope for teams like Spurs - who should be our rivals at the least - doing us favours against poor teams.

...like us.

There are always rubbish teams in the premier league. Sadly we're part of that group nowadays.

I think the bottom half of the league has been the poorest it's been for years and years, how many of the teams down there will even get to 40 points?

It just shows you how bad you have to be to good down nowadays. We've had a good go at it the last few years breaking all sorts of home records.

I think that's completely incorrect. the Bottom half is better, that's why it's so competitive now. There's no whipping boys anymore, it's never a given any more that the top 4 teams will beat the bottom lot as has been proved over and over this season, gone are the days of teams winning the league with 1 or 2 losses. Disregarding the top 8, the rest are very even, just look at some of the players at Fulham who are bottom. Heitinga, Risse, Sidwell, Richardson, Hangeland, Parker, Rodallega, and before January, Berbatov. Experienced Premier League players as well as dangerous players like Dejagah and Holtby.

The points total has little to do with the quality of teams, because the league as a whole can get better or worse.

I'm not so sure you are right about the bottom half is "better" its more competitive granted,but that could be because there are more poor teams than before competing...... but I 'm not sure that quantifies "better"

as for the players....reputations count for nothing, its what you do, not what you imply....they are down there for a reason.

they don't play the villa every week.....thats me, just being flippant.

Edited by TRO

That's what I mean. If we get beat next week and fulham win plus the other teams get points it aint looking that good is it. Then we have southampton at home, say we lose that which there is a really good chance we will then how many points clear will we be. Mark my words I bet 2 teams below us have a decent run of results. I think we will stay up just about but its going to be close.

If that will be the case, that we barely survives, Lambert has to go, its just not acceptable for a club our size.