The R word

villanwesty88

From the Norwich vs Fulham game next week, what result would be best? I'm thinking a Norwich win because they will likely lose all their other games and it will almost certainly relegate Fulham Is that correct?

Also this is the 3rd season in a row for a relegation battle. I have noticed teams who always fight against relegation always go down eventually. Wigan, Coventry, Southampton etc

p.s. I don't class 2010/2011 as a relegation battle for the club. We were never close to going down that season.

From the Norwich vs Fulham game next week, what result would be best? I'm thinking a Norwich win because they will likely lose all their other games and it will almost certainly relegate Fulham Is that correct?

Also this is the 3rd season in a row for a relegation battle. I have noticed teams who always fight against relegation always go down eventually. Wigan, Coventry, Southampton etc

p.s. I don't class 2010/2011 as a relegation battle for the club. We were never close to going down that season.

Funnily enough we were probably closer in 10/11 than we have been this season (as things stand).

No with game 32 against West Ham, Gabby last minute header is when Villa hit 40 points that season. Finished 9th with 48 points.

Yes I'm well aware of what happened but there was a period when we were in it. We were never favourites to drop like we were last season but we got closer to relegation than we have done so far this season.

Also to assume Norwich will lose their last 4 fixtures against the top teams is just wrong. It never works out like that. They will get at least 4 points.

We want Norwich to beat Fulham and keep the current 3 locked down there.

Edited by supernova26

I also disagree with the houllier season. It was an odd one, and the relegation battle involved so many teams. Sure, we finished 9th (because of said battle) but we looked screwed for much of 2010. The amount of times I have said "looks like this season is it" is painful. Wigan fans said the same for a while, and they will tell you if it keeps on happening, sooner or later you'll bite the dust.

Yes, I think next season is our year. There's no way the bottom half of the table will be so uniformly dismal next season. We, meanwhile, have gone backwards. I would put a large sum of money on us not reaching 41 points. One more year of going backwards will be enough to put us out of our misery once and for all. 

Yes, I think next season is our year. There's no way the bottom half of the table will be so uniformly dismal next season. We, meanwhile, have gone backwards. I would put a large sum of money on us not reaching 41 points. One more year of going backwards will be enough to put us out of our misery once and for all.

This.

We might not get relegated but any talk of "progress" can go and **** itself when we're losing to a relegation rival at home and playing such dire football. We are not better in any meaningful way than we were last year, we've just had a few lucky results against the top sides and it's been basically business as usual against sides we should be beating.

• Like 1

It really sucks to be a Villa fan, 4 years!

When will the nightmare end :(

Well, with the beast looking to be out for the start of next season, and with Lerner's and Lambert's approach to the transfer market, the nightmare might end in May of 2015 when we go down.

Sounds dramatic but, as others have said, persistent struggler's always go down eventually.