The R word

villanwesty88

Dunno - Liverpool look like they are running out of steam - can see Norwich getting another win somewhere.

Forget the points though - we don't have one player in form at the moment - even Guzan looked ropey today...

Dunno - Liverpool look like they are running out of steam - can see Norwich getting another win somewhere.

Forget the points though - we don't have one player in form at the moment - even Guzan looked ropey today...

Even if they do get another win, we just need a single point to finish above them

I think the Hull game will probably save us. They may very well be in the FA cup final and safe in the league when we meet them...which would be perfect as they'll just be going  through motions & try not to get injured. 

annoying that Cardiff won today as they now got hope and three winnable fixtures coming up.

Even if they do get another win, we just need a single point to finish above them

Next point won't be in this season though

We have Hull - managed by Steve Bruce - who has never lost at VP as a manager  - and southampton - unless those teams roll over for us - I just don't see it...

Still can't see us going down based on the fact that we need 4 of the teams below us to finish above us, and the fixtures are as follows:

Villa: Southampton (h), Swansea (a), Hull (h), City (a), Spurs (h) - 34 points // -14 GD
Swansea: Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Villa (h), Southampton (h), Sunderland (a) - 33 points // -4 GD
WBA: City (a), West Ham (h), Arsenal (a), Sunderland (a), Stoke (h) - 33 points // -11 GD
Norwich: Liverpool (h), Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h) - 32 points // -27 GD
Fulham: Spurs (a), Hull (h), Stoke (a), Palace (h) - 30 points // -49 GD
Cardiff: Stoke (h), Sunderland (a), Newcastle (a), Chelsea (h) - 29 points // -34 GD
Sunderland: City (a), Chelsea (a), Cardiff (h), Man Udt (a), WBA (h), Swansea (h) - 25 points // -25 GD

I can't really see any possibility how 4 teams below us pass us out given those fixtures. Most of them are either playing the top teams or each other.

I'm not so certain. Swansea could end up with 39/40 pts

Fulham 36 pts

Cardiff win there next two games they are on 35 pts

so that just leaves Norwich and Sunderland below us if we fail to pick up another point.

How much do you want to wager on that? I'll give you 3/1

Still can't see us going down based on the fact that we need 4 of the teams below us to finish above us, and the fixtures are as follows:

Villa: Southampton (h), Swansea (a), Hull (h), City (a), Spurs (h) - 34 points // -14 GD
Swansea: Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Villa (h), Southampton (h), Sunderland (a) - 33 points // -4 GD
WBA: City (a), West Ham (h), Arsenal (a), Sunderland (a), Stoke (h) - 33 points // -11 GD
Norwich: Liverpool (h), Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h) - 32 points // -27 GD
Cardiff: Stoke (h), Sunderland (a), Newcastle (a), Chelsea (h) - 29 points // -34 GD
Sunderland: City (a), Chelsea (a), Cardiff (h), Man Udt (a), WBA (h), Swansea (h) - 25 points // -25 GD

I can't really see any possibility how 4 teams below us pass us out given those fixtures. Most of them are either playing the top teams or each other.

Fulham 36 pts

so that just leaves Norwich and Sunderland below us if we fail to pick up another point.

Nothing about Swansea's recent form suggests they'll manage that though, and Fulham might squeak out, but Cardiff winning 3 in a row? Unlikely

We have Hull - managed by Steve Bruce - who has never lost at VP as a manager  - and southampton - unless those teams roll over for us - I just don't see it...

Same can be said for the other teams though, they're below us for a reason

Fulham 36 pts

Nothing about Swansea's recent form suggests they'll manage that though, and Fulham might squeak out, but Cardiff winning 3 in a row? Unlikely

Its unlikely as is Norwich  winning one of their last 4games  but its happened before so is possible.

Fulham 36 pts

Its unlikely as is Norwich  winning one of their last 4games  but its happened before so is possible.

Yeah, but you don't just need one of those things to happen for us to go down, you need them all

Haven't they won their last nine games. 

Fulham 36 pts

Yeah, but you don't just need one of those things to happen for us to go down, you need them all

Yes its unlikely I agree.  thats why we are 20/1 to go down.

Yes - I just feel they look they are running out of steam.....very lucky v west ham last week...

Yes - I just feel they look they are running out of steam.....very lucky v west ham last week...

They'll likely murder Norwich like they always do though, that'll get them back on track

Not happy today obviously but looking at the permutations we still look odds on to survive, just.

If we go for the slightly negative (but incredibly realistic) proposition that Villa lose all their remaining games we are left with the following situation simply put:

Fulham need 5 points from Tottenham, Hull, Stoke and Crystal Palace. (their goal difference makes them need five points)
Cardiff need 5 points (possibly 6 due to GD) from Stoke, Sunderland, Newcastle and Chelsea.

Sunderland look doomed... they have games in hand but are against Man City and Chelsea and one of their other games is Man Utd.

Then there's Norwich that need 2 points from Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal

And finally WBA need 1 point from West Ham, Arsenal, Sunderland and Stoke and Swansea 1 point from Newcastle, Us, Southampton and Sunderland.

I think I'd put bets on one of Cardiff and Fulham possibly surviving but Norwich helping us out. I think we're going to be 17th.