The R word

villanwesty88

Its just not good enough. Gabby Delph and KEA return so we may get a point at Palace. But when will we see progression? Its not working out with Lambert. His first season was full of promise. We actually were playing quite well at times and you can see as they are young players they will need time to develop. This season has just been a shambles. Despite us being tighter at the back (probably due to Vlaar playing a bit more).

Lambert has proven to be tactically naive. Randy is clueless. So we really are in a bit of a mess.

We will stay up and unfortunately go through this all again next season. Things need to change at OUR club.

As much as we like to think it's OUR club, according to the law the club belongs to a Mr. Randolph Lerner and whilst he is in charge I fear things will stay pretty much as they are.  We will not progress without not only a new owner but a new and BETTER owner. Finding one of those is something that it is easier said than done. Just ask our neighbours.  Thing is, I doubt that Randy even wants to sell the club and if that is he case then we are stuck with something slightly less than mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

We'll win another couple of games before the season's out. Our performances have been as bad before and we've been able to turn it on at the flick of a switch and get results. I predict we'll have another upturn in results and then another three or four brutal performances to see the season out.

We will stay up and unfortunately go through this all again next season. Things need to change at OUR club.

As much as we like to think it's OUR club, according to the law the club belongs to a Mr. Randolph Lerner and whilst he is in charge I fear things will stay pretty much as they are.  We will not progress without not only a new owner but a new and BETTER owner. Finding one of those is something that it is easier said than done. Just ask our neighbours.  Thing is, I doubt that Randy even wants to sell the club and if that is he case then we are stuck with something slightly less than mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

Custodian, tbh fwiw IMO.

Makes you think actually how bad do we need to get before we do get relegated because this is by far the worst Villa team I`veseen in 40 years at the Villa . Even the crap below us can still beat us . Just a matter of time under Lerner

Custodian, tbh fwiw IMO.

The-Rosetta-Stone.jpg

Makes you think actually how bad do we need to get before we do get relegated because this is by far the worst Villa team I`veseen in 40 years at the Villa . Even the crap below us can still beat us . Just a matter of time under Lerner

Unless there are drastic changes then probably next season. Especially if Bentake misses a lot of games at the start of the season. He may not even come back all guns blazing after such a serious injury.

Unless there are drastic changes then probably next season. Especially if Bentake misses a lot of games at the start of the season. He may not even come back all guns blazing after such a serious injury.

He might loose some of his pace if and when he does come back. Its possible he will never be the same player. Unless we sign another striker or a really good number 10. In a funny sort of way I don't want Grant Holt to do too well because the last thing we want is him leading the attack next season. If that happens I can see us getting relegated.

He might loose some of his pace if and when he does come back. Its possible he will never be the same player. Unless we sign another striker or a really good number 10. In a funny sort of way I don't want Grant Holt to do too well because the last thing we want is him leading the attack next season. If that happens I can see us getting relegated.

You don't want our only fit experienced striker to do well when we're still not out of the relegation battle?

How utterly ridiculous.

• Like 1

You don't want our only fit experienced striker to do well when we're still not out of the relegation battle?

How utterly ridiculous.

you missed out the adjective, it makes all the difference to what i meant.

How utterly ridiculous.

you missed out the adjective, it makes all the difference to what i meant.

Not really. The better Holt does in these last few games the more goals Villa will score - it's as simple as that and I can't understand why a fan wouldn't want that.

Well personally I hope he bangs in 5 or 6 more before the end of the season because we need the points. I will worry about next season in August but for now i just want us to stay up. We need Holt to perform and I think Lambert deserves a lot of credit for bringing him in when Libor got injured.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

How odd that nobody else seems to have an issue with a Villa fan admitting that they don't want a Villa player to do as well as possible.

No, but you might be the only one on here that removes words from people's posts so that it reads as you want it to read.

I don't do that anyway.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10476-the-r-word/page-14#entry1279068

We've already been through that and I didn't do what I've been accused of.

Edited by Mantis

No, but you might be the only one on here that removes words from people's posts so that it reads as you want it to read.

I don't do that anyway.
I'm with you mantis, gotta love the perverse logic of people wanting to see people (our own players) fail just so they can be proved right about the 'fat word removed'
  • Like 3