What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Was going to have a salad tonight, as I need to shift some timber. 

Then I saw the Villa result 

*picks phone up* - "Is that the Bengal Lancer? I'll have an extra spicy chicken vindaloo please"

• Haha 1

Yeah I'd eat that, losing a point for rice though, crusty bread would be my weapon of choice then nachos, jacket potato, chips, even a hot dog and then rice, really not a rice fan

Huge chilli fan though, in certain days I'd put it as my favourite food with probably tex mex as my favorite cuisine, I'll even do it quick and easy if the wife ain't there and it's food beer and TV just mince meat pasata and spices, no veg no beans no nothing just a big old bowl of meat 10 mins to cook simple as it gets

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I'd eat that, losing a point for rice though, crusty bread would be my weapon of choice then nachos, jacket potato, chips, even a hot dog and then rice, really not a rice fan

Huge chilli fan though, in certain days I'd put it as my favourite food with probably tex mex as my favorite cuisine, I'll even do it quick and easy if the wife ain't there and it's food beer and TV just mince meat pasata and spices, no veg no beans no nothing just a big old bowl of meat 10 mins to cook simple as it gets

I've now "progressed" to using diced beef instead of mince (kw) and using the slow cooker for maximum tenderness of my meat

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

There's a food hate crimes thread for this sort of thing

I dunno, I'd definitley eat it and more than likely really enjoy it, I don't mind a bit of inventiveness and I'm even tempted to say I'd be happy with a bit of bacon or sausage in there (kw)

Its when they start pushing it out to a giant yorkshire with 10+ ingredients in there or a Yorkshire pudding burger that's actually 8 burgers and cheese poured over the top, when you lose the simplicity is when it becomes a problem

• Like 2

On 10/02/2023 at 10:17, villa4europe said:

I dunno, I'd definitley eat it and more than likely really enjoy it, I don't mind a bit of inventiveness and I'm even tempted to say I'd be happy with a bit of bacon or sausage in there (kw)

Its when they start pushing it out to a giant yorkshire with 10+ ingredients in there or a Yorkshire pudding burger that's actually 8 burgers and cheese poured over the top, when you lose the simplicity is when it becomes a problem

I didn’t say i wouldn’t eat it or enjoy it 😋

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've just eaten a Jam Tart. Is that allowed? It's not Christmas. 

There are still 4 mince pies in our cupboard. My wife bought a box of six and 2 further boxes of 4. I pointed out that I am pig sick of her buying mince pies that no one else eats and it is left for me to clear them. She insisted she would eat some. I have ate every single one so far. The remaining 4 are being binned. 

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

There are still 4 mince pies in our cupboard. My wife bought a box of six and 2 further boxes of 4. I pointed out that I am pig sick of her buying mince pies that no one else eats and it is left for me to clear them. She insisted she would eat some. I have ate every single one so far. The remaining 4 are being binned. 

thanksgiving-pie.gif

I'm testing out a new plant based chicken burger for a client next week with consumers 

needleless to say I held my tongue and didn't offer an opinion that what they want me to test is Rehydrated Wheat Protein with Water, Bamboo Fibre& Tapioca ... it was all about where would you like me to send the invoice for testing this delicious treat  that you are planning on launching 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Farfalle pasta with mixed local mushrooms, red bell pepper, shishito pepper, Habanero pepper, garlic, butter, white wine, soy sauce and Parmagiano. Unbelievable. 

• Like 2

Â