What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Just made my best ever pizzas, using the @GarethRDR method (now the standard for me). Was supposed to have a few friends round on Friday so I made the dough on Thursday and let it prove in the fridge. They couldn't make it in the end but the pizzas were great and we had spare dough which proved for another 48 hours until this evening by which point it was even better, as was my cooking.

Best was inspired by a Subway-style pizza chain here called Pizzatopia where they churn out your own chosen pizzas on a conveyor belt system, but they have some menu options including Na Pole - white garlic sauce base, soft boiled potatoes, bacon, blue cheese. Phenomenal.

Only possible improvement would be making a sourdough, but I'd still be looking to do a 48 hour prove.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

Had a chicken tikka vindaloo at the Marmion in Tamworth yesterday evening. Jeez... it was a few notches hotter than other vindaloos I've had recently. 

It was lovely. Made my eyes water (kw) but very enjoyable!

59 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had a chicken tikka vindaloo at the Marmion in Tamworth yesterday evening. Jeez... it was a few notches hotter than other vindaloos I've had recently. 

It was lovely. Made my eyes water (kw) but very enjoyable!

Is that an Indian restaurant now? It  used to be one of the roughest pubs in Tamworth

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Is that an Indian restaurant now? It  used to be one of the roughest pubs in Tamworth

First time i've been there so not sure what it was before. I googled the street and the first thing that came up was a machete attack there last year! (on the road, not in the venue!)

For lunch today, I had a sandwich made from fresh sourdough bread, sliced free-range venison, topped with creamy bernaise sauce and pickled red onion. 

It’s honestly one of the best meals I’ve ever had. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

For lunch today, I had a sandwich made from fresh sourdough bread, sliced free-range venison, topped with creamy bernaise sauce and pickled red onion. 

Sounds amazing, especially the sauce bit !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

Sounds deer. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Sounds amazing, especially the sauce bit !

Bearnaise is criminally underrated 

My old work place pre covid had a canteen that did schnitzel every thursday, sauce on rotation, jager, ziguener, onion and then Bearnaise and it's the best one 

Never hawaii though which is schnitzel with bacon and pineapple in a cheese sauce, mother in law cooked it for me Sunday, beautiful 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Bearnaise is criminally underrated 

Definitely. I guess it’s because it became sort of a culinary cliché and the market is flooded with terrible ready-made variants, but a decent bearnaise is absolutely lovely. 

3 hours ago, El Zen said:

Definitely. I guess it’s because it became sort of a culinary cliché and the market is flooded with terrible ready-made variants, but a decent bearnaise is absolutely lovely. 

Surprisingly up until around 3 months ago my in laws didn't know what it was, they only bought it as a pre made pack because they know I like it so much, its not that common on schnitzel here but my favourite local restaurant does a cracking pork medallion dish in it

Hollandaise steals it's thunder a bit, not sure it's even a case of people disliking the tarragon which is usually strong, I'd guess most people don't even know what tarragon is, I wish I knew more ways to use it 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home and my partner has done dinner. She must be the only person in the whole world that thinks Curry and Garlic bread go together. 

What am I living with? 

On 18/04/2023 at 18:57, av1 said:

Just got home and my partner has done dinner. She must be the only person in the whole world that thinks Curry and Garlic bread go together. 

What am I living with? 

Garlic naan right?

• 3 weeks later...

Bought some flora plant butter....didn't have high hopes especially after my recent vegan cheese experience but the butter is actually pretty nice.

Â