What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Fray Bentos all day breakfast

Its a baked bean pie with some lips and assholes...and even then it's still not got enough filling

Well you should've done as Mr Bentos intended and put it all on top of a pizza

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Bought some flora plant butter....didn't have high hopes especially after my recent vegan cheese experience but the butter is actually pretty nice.

we don't have dairy butter in the hourse anymore. mrs is vegan anyway and i still can't get on board with the meat substitutes but this stuff is absolutely fine

edit: vegan mayo and salad cream too. tastes exactly the same.

Edited by tomav84

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we don't have dairy butter in the hourse anymore. mrs is vegan anyway and i still can't get on board with the meat substitutes but this stuff is absolutely fine

edit: vegan mayo and salad cream too. tastes exactly the same.

I will give the mayo and especially the salad cream a go, thanks.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

My wife got vegan mayo when she was pregnant, if you think that tastes the same as normal mayo you've been eating bad mayo 😂

to be fair i don't use it that much, just on burgers and i can't tell the difference

• 3 weeks later...

Had a German mixed doner kebab just now. Fries and chilli cheese bites too which were OK.

The kebab was pretty decent to be fair and I was glad I had the curry sauce/mayo as it added a nice lil kick.

I'd give it a solid 7/10.

20230608_182142.jpg

My wife is a great cook, as home cooks go, exceptional. She can turn her hand to anything and it always, almost always comes out really, really good. She has this one dish, seafood spaghetti, that put me off prawns for life. I said I dont really like prawns and that was it, assumed it was the prawn in it. Last night she did seafood spaghetti, with the seafood for her and my daughter, and a chicken version for me. Its **** rank, absolutely awful and it wasn't the seafood that was making it rank. I still have the taste in my mouth. She used to bill it as a puttanesca and that was the only dish of hers I had the balls to say I didnt like, she has basically changed the name and added chicken. I might tell her to banish this dish at a point where she is in good spirits.

53 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My wife is a great cook, as home cooks go, exceptional. She can turn her hand to anything and it always, almost always comes out really, really good. She has this one dish, seafood spaghetti, that put me off prawns for life. I said I dont really like prawns and that was it, assumed it was the prawn in it. Last night she did seafood spaghetti, with the seafood for her and my daughter, and a chicken version for me. Its **** rank, absolutely awful and it wasn't the seafood that was making it rank. I still have the taste in my mouth. She used to bill it as a puttanesca and that was the only dish of hers I had the balls to say I didnt like, she has basically changed the name and added chicken. I might tell her to banish this dish at a point where she is in good spirits.

Please do let us know how it goes if you are able to post again afterwards.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Last night she did seafood spaghetti, with the seafood for her and my daughter, and a chicken version for me. Its **** rank, absolutely awful and it wasn't the seafood that was making it rank. I still have the taste in my mouth. She used to bill it as a puttanesca

How can something like that get ruined. There must be an ingredient in it you don’t like?

Just now, blandy said:

How can something like that get ruined. There must be an ingredient in it you don’t like?

It must be, I cant work it out though as it tastes like nothing else she cooks. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

It must be, I cant work it out though as it tastes like nothing else she cooks. 

Do you have a valuable life insurance policy at all?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Do you not like any of tomatoes, olive oil, olives, anchovies, chili peppers, capers, or garlic?

I like all of them, I think its the combination of olives and capers, I like them both in isolation but those are the flavours that are hitting harder than gravy on fish.

It's really hard to overcook a poached egg. Once the white is cooked you're good to go. Just messier and creates more work than a fried egg, plus the risk of puddling water on whatever else you've cooked. Otherwise they are the pinnacle of eggery.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

It's really hard to overcook a poached egg. Once the white is cooked you're good to go. Just messier and creates more work than a fried egg, plus the risk of puddling water on whatever else you've cooked. Otherwise they are the pinnacle of eggery.

I do them in a pan of simmering water for exactly 4 minutes. On the mess thing, not really. I mean yes there can be a bit of stray cooked white left in the water, but there’s no oil. And having just cleaned a fatberg from the drain outside that’s a good thing. 

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

I do them in a pan of simmering water for exactly 4 minutes. On the mess thing, not really. I mean yes there can be a bit of stray cooked white left in the water, but there’s no oil. And having just cleaned a fatberg from the drain outside that’s a good thing. 

Should've said I was assuming the fried egg is cooked in bacon fat or something already so it's not an extra pan. If not then yeah no difference.

Had friends round for a BBQ tonight. 

Mrs Sidcow had gone to a superb local butcher (best burgers I've ever bought) and bought some top quality steaks. 

Whilst cooking them I went round the table asking each how they liked all their steaks. 

When I got all the answers I informed them they will get their steaks as they are done Lionel Blair style😁

Edited by sidcow

Â