What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

21 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Yearly first pickled herring with eggs and spuds. 🇸🇪

tS0A5T0.png

That looks incredible 

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Picking up some Nepali momo dumplings on a quick-drive through Queens, New York. No better dumplings in North America, I'd wager ...

IMG-4698.jpg

Momo is the reason why my favourite local restaurant is Nepalese. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been making this dish that's popular with the kid etc. Wonder if any of you have made variations of this ...

Box of pasta -- long noodles are good for this but it doesn't really matter
1 cup peanut butter, unsweetened natural is best
Half a cup soy sauce
A couple spoons of sesame oil
Thai curry paste with lemon grass to taste
Fresh carrots and cucumbers cut into long pieces
About a quarter cup crushed peanuts
Green onions chopped up -- I actually think finely chopped leeks might be good, too
Hot sauce of some sort -- I like thai chili garlic the best
Fresh coriander and ginger chopped up
Sesame seeds if you want
Tofu in little cubes (optional) -- you could also make with chicken, prawns, etc.

You cook the pasta al dente and cool it. Stir the peanut butter, soy sauce, curry paste, and hot sauce together. Add a little water if you need to make it easier to stir. Then just mix everything together. There are a lot of variations of this, but it's become a go-to for us lately. Here's an example -- not mine. It's very easy and -- I have first-hand proof -- any fool can make.

thai-peanut-noodles-3.jpg

• Like 4

Very similar to a noodle recipe I've made for years, the exact recipe is long since lost, and I now just call it my "any old bullshit" noodles that start with noodles, ginger, garlic, chili, onions, peanuts, and whatever bollocks I have that needs using up :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Very similar to a noodle recipe I've made for years, the exact recipe is long since lost, and I now just call it my "any old bullshit" noodles that start with noodles, ginger, garlic, chili, onions, peanuts, and whatever bollocks I have that needs using up :D 

Think I'll pass.....😮

I made a special chicken jalfrezi last week and there was a lot left over .

That's because my "special" is substituting the capsicum peppers for two kinds of chillies, meaning the wife won't touch it.

So tonight I had some on wraps with shredded iceberg lettuce, **** delicious.

• Like 2

On 30/06/2023 at 20:17, Mr_Dogg said:

America: noodles are noodles, pasta is pasta. Spaghetti is also pasta. Stop using them interchangeably 

Are you telling me @Marka Ragnos has actually made some nice looking stir fried noodle dish and not, as I had assumed, grabbed some pasta and put some peanut butter on it! 😲

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I made a special chicken jalfrezi last week and there was a lot left over .

That's because my "special" is substituting the capsicum peppers for two kinds of chillies, meaning the wife won't touch it.

So tonight I had some on wraps with shredded iceberg lettuce, **** delicious.

Sounds good. And which kind, pray tell, are these mythical peppers of which you speak, son?

4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Sounds good. And which kind, pray tell, are these mythical peppers of which you speak, son?

Birds eye and jalapeno chilies

• Like 1

On 01/07/2023 at 20:28, Davkaus said:

Tonight I've learned how easy it is to make onion bhajis, my waistline is in danger.

I had to change the cooker hood filter after making some recently, can't get the smell out.

Â