What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

9 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Any recipe link? Asking for a friend!

Just put gram flour in a bowl, add water, chopped coriander, salt, turmeric, garlic and lots of sliced onions , stir well then fry.

You can add other spices if you like such as kalonji seed or ground coriander or cumin or garam masala .

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Same with steak and kidney pies and meat pies in general --- never really found decent ones away from the British Isles. 

Make your own, much nicer than any of the factory made crap like Pukka (EDIT: At home, that is. At the match, by all means eat factory pies, that's part of the experience). 

Here's a steak and kidney pie lovingly made by my good lady wife. It was delicious. 

Screenshot_2023-08-11-08-00-23-85_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Make your own, much nicer than any of the factory made crap like Pukka (EDIT: At home, that is. At the match, by all means eat factory pies, that's part of the experience). 

Here's a steak and kidney pie lovingly made by my good lady wife. It was delicious. 

Screenshot_2023-08-11-08-00-23-85_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Thanks! What a great idea!!!!! Looks so tasty!

24 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Thanks! What a great idea!!!!! Looks so tasty!

Now you have said that, I can be mean. I’m loathe to criticise anyone’s dear lady wife’s cooking, but what the heck!  1. It’s got kiddly in it and is therefore inedible. 2. There’s no brown sauce. 3. No gravy. 4. No bottom on the pie.  5. And the portion is too small.

😝

Like Mooney said theres a time and a place for certain food. 

Balti pie on match day. Washed down with a cheeseburger from the vans under the flyover. 

Then there's that pie. To be enjoyed bollock naked listening to The Archers.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Same with steak and kidney pies and meat pies in general --- never really found decent ones away from the British Isles. What I would give even for a local store where I could buy a humble Pukka pie.

I actually found this Aussie girl in LA who started a pie shop. It’s basically a UK pie (due to the Aussie connection) and they were absolutely excellent. Closest thing I’ve found over here.

There is an Irish butcher in Ft Lauderdale who nails British sausages.

• Like 2

There used to be some really good pies from Stoke on Trent made by " Wriiiiights Piiiies" , they were meat and potato. Please note the Stokie pronunciation - my wife is from there☹️.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I actually found this Aussie girl in LA who started a pie shop. It’s basically a UK pie (due to the Aussie connection) and they were absolutely excellent. Closest thing I’ve found over here.

There is an Irish butcher in Ft Lauderdale who nails British sausages.

Yes, and noted carefully -- but you see what I mean? You're already talking about these spots like they're trap houses where you can score. It's that bad. But if I can get a good pastry recipe from @mjmooney, I can do a pie cartel for the whole east coast. 

I honestly can't wait to try my hand at some pie-making. My boy will love 'em, I'm sure. Might even try tonight,if I can get my hands on some kidney. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Yeah Aussie pies are as good as ours. They tend not to do the FEB though, more into healthier brekky options. Squashed green thing on sourdough toast with a flat white type of stuff. Preferable, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Yeah Aussie pies are as good as ours. They tend not to do the FEB though, more into healthier brekky options. Squashed green thing on sourdough toast with a flat white type of stuff. Preferable, IMO.

I'm afraid I'm a granola with blueberries kind of guy these days.

shame-i-feel-shame.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Â