What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Picked up a jar of Aldi saag  masala last night, the one with the spices in the top lid.

Did not expect much from it but wow, one of the tastiest, curries , I’ve had in a long time

Highly recommended

Edited by Follyfoot

Ok, so it’s not ready for sale in the food halls of Harrod’s — but my son ate his serving with eagerness. Kidneys are fascinating. Thanks, @mjmooney, for the inspiration. As we often say about Villa, “we learned a lot with this experience” lol. 

6E35A1A1-7C6F-4E95-B434-7B288D0CBD0E.jpeg

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Ok, so it’s not ready for sale in the food halls of Harrod’s — but my son ate his serving with eagerness. Kidneys are fascinating. Thanks, @mjmooney, for the inspiration. As we often say about Villa, “we learned a lot with this experience” lol. 

You've got a kid who will eat kidney? 

There's hope for the future, yet. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm amazed at how much vitamin B12 and key amino acids and complete protein. Not for everyday, but if you eat meat, they are very healthy in moderation. And they practically give them away at our local meat counter. I got two big veal kidneys for about £1.

On 12/08/2023 at 18:08, mjmooney said:

He's 17 now, but he's liked tinned steak and kidneys (we get them only rarely, when someone travels to Blighty and brings a few back) since he was little. Today, I noticed that the pie leftovers had been moved in the fridge, and when I inspected, I was delighted to find that almost all the remainder had been devoured. My wife is vegetarian, and it wasn't me, and there's just the three of us. That was a very serious pie with big chunks of shoulder beef and veal kidney, so I'm impressed. He's skinny as a rail, too, so I don't know where he puts it all. 😁 Anyway, a very successful adventure ... and I do appreciate your thought.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

As a lover of a hot, spicy meaty stick I thought I'd try this from the same people.....tastes like a dried out floppy frankfurter but without the satisfaction of a meaty aftertaste.

1/10. Avoid.

newFile-2.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

As a lover of a hot, spicy meaty stick I thought I'd try this from the same people.....tastes like a dried out floppy frankfurter but without the satisfaction of a meaty aftertaste.

1/10. Avoid.

newFile-2.jpg

image.jpeg.3aa8cf5cb62ba1dfb772b8664763508f.jpeg

• Haha 1

Made white gazpacho as a starter for a little al fresco dinner in our garden with friends last night ... very easy and delicious. It was pushing 30+ outside, so it was nice to have a cool starter.

369165068_6291251111002615_586369442675894109_n.jpg

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

An Oslo restaurant is doing The Bear  themed brunches, so today I’ve had a four course meal of fennel salad, Sidney’s omelette, Mikey’s family spaghetti and an ice cream sundae. 

Farking delicious. 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2023 at 18:22, Marka Ragnos said:

zv4z2kwhd1r71.jpg

• Haha 3

Chilli con carne sloppy Joe's

Some fancy pants pretzel style burger buns lightly toasted, bit of lettuce, sliced tomato, some of the horrible / essential plastic American burger cheese, mustard, sour cream big dollop of chilli

Messy as anything but beautiful, even if the missus insists on trying to ruin chilli with sweetcorn

• Like 2

Had my eye on a minted minced lamb roulade from my local butcher for a few weeks.

No way the kids would be interested and not the kind of thing Mrs Sidcow would go for. 

So today daughter is coming back from University but I checked and she's eating before she gets here. Son has gone over to his girlfriends to eat. Mrs Sidcow is in that there London and not back till later. 

Ideal thinks me. I really have been obsessing a bit over this as it looks SO nice so I nip up to the butchers at lunchtime and get me one. 

Cooked it this evening with so much anticipation. What a piece of crap. 😔

• Like 1

Â