Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Jimzk5

Even if we lose, it's better to see us losing trying something new instead of repeating the same mistakes over and over again. 

I have been banging on about performances being the barometer of knowing where you are heading in a progressive programme.

.....but right now its all about winning........ that's where we have regressed to.

PS ..Forget the plan, there is no plan, its just survival on the day.

Edited by TRO

A draw or a narrow palace win. Our luck has run out now and we are unable to fluke results at the moment. We are utter shite and have only played well twice all season.

Its going to be a long xmas and new year with little or no points.

Palace fans love him and some were saying that they can't understand how they got him for less than £5M.

He's in form (for him) and I can see him having a massive point to prove and he'll be well up for this.

Until he realises he is rubbish..

What bothers me is that we don't win at home and it's easy enough to say things like "yeah but not many people will go to X Stadium and pick up points this season."

We really have to start winning at home and if we can't beat Crystal Palace at home then I'd really start worrying about our Premier League status.

Even if we lose, it's better to see us losing trying something new instead of repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

I have been banging on about performances being the barometer of knowing where you are heading in a progressive programme.

.....but right now its all about winning........ that's where we have regressed to.

PS ..Forget the plan, there is no plan, its just survival on the day.

If that's what regressing is, I hope we regress some more TRO.

I like winning, style doesn't matter. Right now I'd recommend this approach to you too. Keeps one sane.

Vlaar is badly missed. Many of the problems we're having right now can be explained by his absence (aside from the poor form of our attackers). We miss his leadership and his calmness. Baker, Clark and Herd together are panic-stricken, but either of Clark or Baker alongside Vlaar's calm presence seem to improve (Clark especially). It's hard to see where a result can come from without him. If he remains out for this fixture, I'd like to see us return to late last season's "we'll score more than you" balls-out attacking play, even if it means giving up stupid goals (since our last three performances show we're likely to give up stupid goals anyway). I've been willing to be patient with the boring defensive displays as long as it meant grinding out results, but we're not getting them. Time to change it up.

This is a toughie. The team looks devoid of ideas and bereft of confidence. Hard to see what will turn this around. If we score an early goal that might help turn the tide, but if we concede early I fear for us. Time to dig deep, boys.

• Like 4

I like the idea of we will score more go also than you! Think the manager will demand a dramatic improvement on Thursday!

Need a really good first half. They have to come out pressing, trying to win the ball high up the pitch, constant for 30 minutes even if they get tired later in the game.

Even on our form, there's no one in Palace that scares me. We really have to take it to them.

That being said, a daft penalty and Bannan scoring is an almost near certainty

Edited by Kwan
  • Like 2

Yeah and people are entitled to that. BUT during the game, we can't allow ourselves to be negative. No groans for a misplaced pass, no booing at HT, no cheering players off ironically. We need to focus.

I agree, but I wouldn't be hopeful of that happening.

Yep. There was one incident at the United game that wound me up immeasurably. Baker was on the ball and the crowd got visibly frustrated that we weren't passing forward. He forced the pass and United scored. Then we were passing it around the back again and people were getting audibly angsty again. It's like we don't learn as a crowd. There's one bloke who just yells 'FORWARD' all game in front of me.

so you are now blaming the crowd for players unable to do the basics? Absolutely laughable IMO

Yeah and people are entitled to that. BUT during the game, we can't allow ourselves to be negative. No groans for a misplaced pass, no booing at HT, no cheering players off ironically. We need to focus.

I agree, but I wouldn't be hopeful of that happening.

Yep. There was one incident at the United game that wound me up immeasurably. Baker was on the ball and the crowd got visibly frustrated that we weren't passing forward. He forced the pass and United scored. Then we were passing it around the back again and people were getting audibly angsty again. It's like we don't learn as a crowd. There's one bloke who just yells 'FORWARD' all game in front of me.

so you are now blaming the crowd for players unable to do the basics? Absolutely laughable IMO

What? Who's blaming the crowd? I was merely pointing out something that annoyed me in the game. Players are humans too, as much as people like to forget it and I'd like to see you not to react to pressure from ~35,000 people. Do you disagree that the crowd needs to get together and support the players regardless of the result during the game?

Keep attacking me over everything though.

P.S you still didn't reply in the Stoke match thread where you wrongly accused me of trolling. Still waiting on the apology :)

Edited by StefanAVFC