Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Jimzk5

Even if we lose, it's better to see us losing trying something new instead of repeating the same mistakes over and over again. 

I have been banging on about performances being the barometer of knowing where you are heading in a progressive programme.

.....but right now its all about winning........ that's where we have regressed to.

PS ..Forget the plan, there is no plan, its just survival on the day.

Lol Unfortunately I agree as I don't believe Lambert has got a plan unless "we go again" constitutes a one.

I prey that somehow we fluke a win and we can all be happy for a short while but unless he spends money in January on a good centre half, a true ball playing midfielder and a friggin forward who can score regularly (unlike the dross that Gabby, Wieman, Kozak etc serve up) we will continue to watch a team devoid of any real talent represent our proud name.

God knows what this forum will be like if we draw or lose and Bannan plays well.

Win somehow just win, that will be my Christmas present taken care of. 

Failure to beat Palace could well result in the fans turning on Lambert at VP.

Enough is enough, Palace are the rubbing rags of the division and nothing less than a Villa victory will suffice.

Palace have 9pts from the last 6 games compared to our 5pts. Surely we are the rubbing rags based on current form?

Yeah and people are entitled to that. BUT during the game, we can't allow ourselves to be negative. No groans for a misplaced pass, no booing at HT, no cheering players off ironically. We need to focus.

I agree, but I wouldn't be hopeful of that happening.

Yep. There was one incident at the United game that wound me up immeasurably. Baker was on the ball and the crowd got visibly frustrated that we weren't passing forward. He forced the pass and United scored. Then we were passing it around the back again and people were getting audibly angsty again. It's like we don't learn as a crowd. There's one bloke who just yells 'FORWARD' all game in front of me.

so you are now blaming the crowd for players unable to do the basics? Absolutely laughable IMO

What? Who's blaming the crowd? I was merely pointing out something that annoyed me in the game. Players are humans too, as much as people like to forget it and I'd like to see you not to react to pressure from ~35,000 people. Do you disagree that the crowd needs to get together and support the players regardless of the result during the game?

Keep attacking me over everything though.

P.S you still didn't reply in the Stoke match thread where you wrongly accused me of trolling. Still waiting on the apology :)

firstly re the stoke thing, you were trolling imo. This is no attack on you, what a ludicrous statement. Your ill thought out views i question certainly and i will in a open forum feel free to post why i feel that they are explaining why etc. i would do it to others and expect it back etc where relevant

The way you constructed your post certainly does imply blame on the crowd somehow trying to make bakers mistake coming as a result of their actions rather than anything like inability, poor layout and tactics etc of the team which imo were the real reasons

As for crowd conduct then i think you are wrong there also. What you seem to be advocating is removing any sort of passion for the game amongst other things. Disappointment and the showing of that is a totally normal reaction from any crowd.

I will very clearly explain to you why you're being incredibly unfair by calling me a troll for that exchange.

Risso posted 'Our worst manager since McNeil'

I asked 'So he's worse than McLeish?'

You said I was trolling and that I had to justify my opinion (what opinion? I asked the question). If I'd had said, 'Risso you're wrong. I think McLeish was worse' then yes, you're right. I'd have to had explained my reasoning. But as it was a question, I was just interested to see whether it was a genuinely held opinion, or a comment made in anger following the result.  I've very clearly explained this over and over in the match thread thread but you obviously have it in your head that I was trolling and you are refusing to budge.

Maybe you should actually read what is written rather than make your own assumptions, then attack me with those assumptions. I said that, that particular instance wound me up because even after Baker's mistake, people around me were still shouting to get it forward. It's you using strawmen YET again.

But I'll still entertain you. Disappointment is absolutely fine. But what good does showing that disappointment during a game do? Say we go 1-0 down on Thursday. The crowd should show their disappointment? Just because it's their right? Or should they get behind the team and roar them on to turn it around?

Again, as I clearly said, I think showing your disappointment after the game is fine, but during the game, every claret and blue supporter in the stadium has to pull towards the same goal. Otherwise, what's the point of having a home crowd?

I still await the apology.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Glad Westwood is out. Hes been shit.

Guzan

Lowton Clark Baker Luna

Herd

Gardner       Delph

Albrighton         Agbonlahor

Kozak

Lets get at them. Bannan in midfield wont be too much trouble for Herd. Delph will help a bit. Let Gardner push forward and create chances. El Ahmadi is too defensive at home.

3-1 Villa.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Guzan

Lowton Clark Baker Luna

Herd

Gardner       Delph

Kozak

Lets get at them. Bannan in midfield wont be too much trouble for Herd. Delph will help a bit. Let Gardner push forward and create chances. El Ahmadi is too defensive at home.

3-1 Villa.

Yes but he won't pick Gardner. Westwood is the only player who can play a forward pass so we are worse off without him.

Palace team news, other than chamakh (suspended) there appears to be no one else missing for them, likely to go

Speroni

Delaney gabbidon ward moxey

Puncheon jedinak bannan bolasie

Gayle jerome

They must be daft to leave Williams out of that midfield, unless he's still carrying a knock. That said i'm not sure you can play him and Bannan in the same starting 11

I'm predicting a 1-1 or 2-2 draw. It'll be dire, the crowd will turn and it'll go apeshit against Swansea on Saturday

I would go with this formation and pattern of play = http://tinyurl.com/km5uhnv

I would play:

-------------------Guzan------------------------

Lowton-----Clark-------Baker-------Luna

----------------Herd-----Delph---------------

Albrighton-------Weimann--------Gabby

----------------------Kozak---------------------

Our defense isn't the strongest, but not much else we can do right now. I would toughen it up by putting Herd and Delph in front of them. Herd may not be as good of a passer as Westwood, but if he keeps it simple and players get open he should do okay. His energy and battling character is what we need.

Albrighton and Gabby work hard and will give the Fb's cover. Playing Weimann in the center will help build his confidence back and hopefully get him back to where he was last season. He linked up very well with Benteke last season and I believe he can do it again.

Guzan

Lowton Clark Baker Luna

Herd

Gardner       Delph

Kozak

3-1 Villa.

Yes but he won't pick Gardner. Westwood is the only player who can play a forward pass so we are worse off without him.

We've really benefited from those in our last few games...

A KEA - Delph midfield. I can only imagine the passing prowess there.

He may have been anonymous the past few games but Westwood was still the best passing midfielder. Unless Gardner steps in and has a blinder, I imagine more hoof than normal.

A KEA - Delph midfield. I can only imagine the passing prowess there.

He may have been anonymous the past few games but Westwood was still the best passing midfielder. Unless Gardner steps in and has a blinder, I imagine more hoof than normal.

He may well be but this has no impact on our play overall. We are awful in possession with him in the team and we are awful in possession without him in the team. Just another example of how his role in the team is grossly exagerrated.