Weather...

Dodgyknees

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Fill up three 500 mL bottles of water with a little salt and freeze them. Put your fan behind them on a chair pointing at you in bed and he acts like a mini air-conditioning unit. Works a treat.

Oh wise guru, what other teachings do you have, fake air conditioning and BBQ grill cleaning in grass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Same here, I even have a thunderstorm noises on all night on the Alexa or cannot sleep

I have white noise played at night. Helps me sleep. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just been for an evening constitutional. Perfect weather for a quickish stroll. 

i'm still walking to and from work as trying to shift some timber (1.5m each way) but it's becoming really difficult...too darn hot

also i'm getting a real taste for iced lattes and can really do without that daily £3.70 expense

**** climate change

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just been for an evening constitutional. Perfect weather for a quickish stroll. 

Same here actually, just walked the dog and was thinking how cool and fresh it was.

Got home and the upstairs is like a **** sauna.

• Like 1

Doncaster away 3-0 loss for me in the fa cup in the early noughtys.

I had those chemical snap, hand warmers and they froze after 15 mins.

Some blonde bloke with far too much hair scored a bit of a screamer.

I also went to the Doncaster away at their new stadium, but that wasn't as cold.. I think we only won that 1-0 too!

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i'm still walking to and from work as trying to shift some timber (1.5m each way) but it's becoming really difficult...too darn hot

Every 100 metres give a double thumbs up and shout "AAAAAYYY" 

Instant coolness.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Doncaster away 3-0 loss for me in the fa cup in the early noughtys.

I had those chemical snap, hand warmers and they froze after 15 mins.

Some blonde bloke with far too much hair scored a bit of a screamer.

I also went to the Doncaster away at their new stadium, but that wasn't as cold.. I think we only won that 1-0 too!

Drew 0-0 and won the replay.

I realise I've spent the last day just throwing out results with my semi autistic memory to games that people were cold at.

19 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My wife has the sound of a camel chewing a band saw playing while she tries to sleep every night. I tend not to hear it. 

Does it get worse if she's eaten onions?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sid4ever said:

Oh wise guru, what other teachings do you have, fake air conditioning and BBQ grill cleaning in grass.

Open the loft hatch about an hour before bed. Let's the heat go up into the loft and cool the house down.

Tried the BBQ trick yesterday and didn't work for me.

On 13/06/2023 at 20:00, Wainy316 said:

The injury time 1-0 Torres defeat.  Ugh that was cold as!

The cold that night put my late dad off going ever again, it was his last match.

Whereas @adw95 was in shorts (I kid you not).

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The cold that night put my late dad off going ever again, it was his last match.

Whereas @adw95 was in shorts (I kid you not).

I thought this was going to be about my £200+ bills...

It's always shorts weather.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's getting to the stage when my house is warmer than being outside.

I know that feeling. My fairly modern flat is well insulated. Great in the winter as it never really gets proper cold. Summer though... like a sauna in here 🥵

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I know that feeling. My fairly modern flat is well insulated. Great in the winter as it never really gets proper cold. Summer though... like a sauna in here 🥵

I feel your pain.  I'm half-tempted to buy a big drum to shove on my terrace area.  Fill it with water and sit in it for a bit to cool down. If anyone asks, it's a rain collector to save the planet. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adw95 said:

I thought this was going to be about my £200+ bills...

It's always shorts weather.

I realise now this makes no sense. I could swear when I saw this earlier it was in an energy/utilities thread...losing the plot.

Â