Weather...

Dodgyknees

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's either going to be clear blue sky and roasting hot, or pissing down and lightning. 

Both!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just cut the grass, that was a big mistake.

Mad dogs and Englishmen cut their lawns at mid day on the hottest day of the year. 

Winter has really hit now.Its only around 16 digrees during the day and I am wearing the long sleeve thermal top I bought in England,as well as a flannelette shirt,and in the evenings a thick (very thick ) jersey.Have had enough of winter now and cant wait for spring.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Mad dogs and Englishmen cut their lawns at mid day on the hottest day of the year. 

Yep. The wife wants to have a picnic out there so needed to tidy it. 

there was a time where i thought "there's no point in dropping £400 on a proper air conditioning unit for the sake of 2 weeks of the year". it's something i'm really considering now.

it's only june, and it's already **** hot. at least i get a bit of coastal breeze...dread to think how bad it is in brum

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

there was a time where i thought "there's no point in dropping £400 on a proper air conditioning unit for the sake of 2 weeks of the year". it's something i'm really considering now.

it's only june, and it's already **** hot. at least i get a bit of coastal breeze...dread to think how bad it is in brum

Same here.  I'm also tempted to buy big black-out blinds for every window / door in an attempt to keep the heat out when inevitably it'll reach colossal levels in the summer months again. 

My mate last year had all of his windows covered with lots of cardboard.  Bit of a risk I thought but apparently his house was lovely and cool due to it. 

March to October for me, if I haven't got a school run, a night out or an office visit shorts through the year. I run warm so pretty much live in shorts and tshirt

31 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Amateur. Shorts since April, no jeans until late September. 

Nope. Shorts get worn on maybe ten days or so, scattered over the summer. In a good year. Although with the increasingly hot summers that may change. 

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Yes same 

Â