Weather...

Dodgyknees

We've had three nights of short lived intense storms, punctuated by calm and sunny periods. 

The storms were crazy. Went from still to 30+mph winds in about an hour with torrential rain, and then back to still as quickly as it came. Localised surface water flooding, and a tree has fallen in my kids school (no damage, thankfully). 

One of the claps of thunder here yesterday was absolutely ridiculously loud.  I happened to be filming it but the recording does nowhere near the justice (must be a reason for this?).

Do love a good storm.

On 06/06/2023 at 11:20, Tegis said:

😘

I will say, a damp December on a UK football-terrace is amongst the coldest activities known to man. 🥶

Villa at Anfield, god knows some midweek night in January way back Minus 19

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Villa at Anfield, god knows some midweek night in January way back Minus 19

I think I was at that game, it was kicked off an hour late due to ticketing issues. It’s the coldest I’ve ever been in my life.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think I was at that game, it was kicked off an hour late due to ticketing issues. It’s the coldest I’ve ever been in my life.

Yep, I think it was delayed KO too

2 hours ago, Genie said:

That one was at VP right? Cup-game?

• Like 1

Absolutely sweating buckets tonight here in Somerset. 

It's been 27-29oC all day but now gone a bit overcast and very, very muggy. 

Fans are on, dad bod out and currently trying to cook tea with little motivation 🥵

Watching Liverpool one midweek evening was the coldest I have ever been. It may have been similar at Anfield but for me it was at VP. 

Edited by Seat68

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

One of the claps of thunder here yesterday was absolutely ridiculously loud.  I happened to be filming it but the recording does nowhere near the justice (must be a reason for this?).

Do love a good storm.

Same here, I even have a thunderstorm noises on all night on the Alexa or cannot sleep

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s very nice here currently, 27-29 ish, the problem is I can’t really enjoy it as I’m thinking about how horrible it will be later when I want to sleep.

Fill up three 500 mL bottles of water with a little salt and freeze them. Put your fan behind them on a chair pointing at you in bed and he acts like a mini air-conditioning unit. Works a treat.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Same here, I even have a thunderstorm noises on all night on the Alexa or cannot sleep

That would just disturb me. I get terrible insomnia, and sometimes quiet music or speech helps. But white/brown/pink noise, or 'nature sounds' like wind, rain or thunder just put me on edge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Watching Liverpool one midweek evening was the coldest I have ever been. It may have been similar at Anfield but for me it was at VP. 

The injury time 1-0 Torres defeat.  Ugh that was cold as!

• Like 1

Â