Weather...

Dodgyknees

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

there was a time where i thought "there's no point in dropping £400 on a proper air conditioning unit for the sake of 2 weeks of the year". it's something i'm really considering now.

it's only june, and it's already **** hot. at least i get a bit of coastal breeze...dread to think how bad it is in brum

I was going to buy one this year out of my bonus but my bonus was ludicrously shit. So I'll definitely get one next year. 

Even if it's just to take the edge off. 

Edited by sidcow

3 hours ago, trekka said:

Same here.  I'm also tempted to buy big black-out blinds for every window / door in an attempt to keep the heat out when inevitably it'll reach colossal levels in the summer months again. 

My mate last year had all of his windows covered with lots of cardboard.  Bit of a risk I thought but apparently his house was lovely and cool due to it. 

In the big heatwave we kept the windows closed and the curtains closed. 

It was brilliant for the first couple of days but eventually the heat leached in and we had to start opening them again because the heat just caught inside the house by the insulation. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I was going to buy one this year out of my bonus but my bonus was ludicrously shit. So I'll definitely get one next year. 

Even if it's just to take the edge off. 

from what i've read the challenge is finding one with the hose is long enough, especially if you are planning on putting it out of a top window. also having to block the rest of the window so the hot air doesn't come back in but i guess you must be able to angle it so that it doesnt?

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

from what i've read the challenge is finding one with the hose is long enough, especially if you are planning on putting it out of a top window. also having to block the rest of the window so the hot air doesn't come back in but i guess you must be able to angle it so that it doesnt?

You can get extension hoses. 

I've thought of a way of blocking off the window already with a piece of MDF and a hole in it. 

• Like 1

Absolutely hoying it down here! Monsoon like. 

Funny to watch people get off the train in shorts and t-shirts/vests. 

Actually, that was an ace day. All afternoon in the garden, with pizza and cold lager. The kids were all great, quite happy to spend the day chucking water over each other. 

Clouded over later, but no rain or thunder. Might do a pub walk tomorrow if it stays like this. 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wow. Just had the biggest clap of thunder ever, half a second before the bang all the electricity went off for a split second, then BOOOOOM

Had the same in Coventry about half hour ago, literally shook the house. 

Â