Weather...

Dodgyknees

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Clouded over later, but no rain or thunder. Might do a pub walk tomorrow if it stays like this. 

I'll think of you whilst I'm sitting in the office. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Where your based? Heard a load of sirens in Shirley not long after it started. 

Tamworth. Looks like 2 houses struck at the same time on opposite sides of the road.

Sister in law says fire crews are on her estate, about a mile away.

A friend on facebook says house on fire in Dosthill which is about 2 miles away. 

You lot are all so yesterday. We had all that thunder and lightning yesterday, today has just been coolish and cloudy, with bits of sun.

Though I'm not having to consider air con because our living room in is the basement of a house with walls that must be 2 foot thick. Even in the height of yesterdays heat, our living room was cool. Our little courtyard (which is also at basement level) was roasting but just step inside and bingo, really quite cool. 

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Though I'm not having to consider air con because our living room in is the basement of a house with walls that must be 2 foot thick. Even in the height of yesterdays heat, our living room was cool. Our little courtyard (which is also at basement level) was roasting but just step inside and bingo, really quite cool. 

I have heard that McCarthy and Stone retirement homes are like that.

3 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

I have heard that McCarthy and Stone retirement homes are like that.

No clue what you are on about, maybe it’s a midlands thing, we have need for retirement homes ooop north, we die early from hard work, ciggies, beer and excess dietary fat :D 

Edit: Wring Sid, this Sid only has a normal number of sheds 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

You lot are all so yesterday. We had all that thunder and lightning yesterday, today has just been coolish and cloudy, with bits of sun.

I can only imagine how hot people who have conservatories are.

Those are the absolute worst when its hot

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

No clue what you are on about, maybe it’s a midlands thing, we have need for retirement homes ooop north, we die early from hard work, ciggies, beer and excess dietary fat :D 

Edit: Wring Sid, this Sid only has a normal number of sheds 

Down pit from age 12, and 40 Woodbines a day, bread and beef dripping, the good old days.

And my shed has garden equipment in it.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I can only imagine how hot people who have conservatories are.

Those are the absolute worst when its hot

My wife tells me I'm hot and I've got a conservatory. I'm OK when it's hot I think and I don't like being objectified by you! 

My wife doesn't tell me I'm hot and I don't have a conservatory 

Edited by sidcow

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I live up in the north west of Cheshire and we've hardly had bugger all. Humid and sticky as hell though.

The storm did very little to make the air fell fresher and cooler so you aren’t missing out.

• Like 1

Â