FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

In a way I'm glad that everybody involved seems to be a real piece of shit. My expectation of any kind of organised corruption is that there are normally one or two little people who end up taking the rap for everybody, here it seems to be that everybody involved wants to bring as many others down with them as possible. It's all set up for the centre of power of football to move from Europe to America within the next 10-20 years but whatever, when the guys on this side of the pond have been so awful for so long then there isn't much argument you can make for FIFA to still be in charge of the global game. 

• Like 2

could argue the power has not actually been in Europe in last 40 years though, Havelange was the ruler of FIFA for so long and people like Blatter, Warner and even Platini were his puppets and learned from him

I said earlier in the thread that Platini was Blatter's man at UEFA. He, like Blatter, were 'trained' by ISL (themarketing arm that was set up by Adidas boss Horst Dassler to control sporting rights globally). Frankly Platini has done anything but represent Europe's best interests, unlike Leonaard Johanssen.

This has only happened due to immense pressure from the sponsors, as in reality without their money FIFA hasn't got a pot to pee in due to the sponging off of money by those at the top.

Seriously, If you can read both Andrew Jennings books then please do. Fascinating reads.

I said earlier in the thread that Platini was Blatter's man at UEFA. He, like Blatter, were 'trained' by ISL (themarketing arm that was set up by Adidas boss Horst Dassler to control sporting rights globally). Frankly Platini has done anything but represent Europe's best interests, unlike Leonaard Johanssen.

This has only happened due to immense pressure from the sponsors, as in reality without their money FIFA hasn't got a pot to pee in due to the sponging off of money by those at the top.

Seriously, If you can read both Andrew Jennings books then please do. Fascinating reads.

Thanks for the recommended reading!

This story seems to be chugging along nicely, and is intriguingly poised at this point. The possibility of a 'clean sweep' at the top of the organisation is tantalisingly close. It remains the case that only complete outsiders should be considered for leadership positions from here on. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

• 3 weeks later...

literally admitting there was no point in bidding in 2018/2022 - what an absolute helmet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34657900

Sepp Blatter: Russia 2018 World Cup 'agreed before vote'

Suspended Fifa president Sepp Blatter has suggested there was an agreement in place for Russia to host the 2018 World Cup - before the vote took place.

The 79-year-old told Russian news agency Tass of a "discussion" in 2010 about future World Cups.

He added a late swing in voting that gave Qatar the 2022 World Cup undid a similar agreement to hand it to USA.

The Swiss is serving a 90-day ban alongside Uefa chief Michel Platini. Both men deny any wrongdoing.

Asked whether it was a mistake to hold voting for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments simultaneously, Blatter replied that before the ballot: "It was agreed that we go to Russia because it's never been in Russia, eastern Europe, and for 2022 we go back to America."

The bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments is the subject of an ongoing Swiss criminal investigation, begun alongside a US inquiry following the arrest and indictment of several top executives by the US Department of Justice.

In a wide-ranging interview, Blatter, who will be replaced as head of world football's governing body after an election on 26 February, also said:

• Russia will "never" lose the 2018 World Cup
  • England are "bad losers" over perceived media criticism of the 2018 and 2022 Word Cup bidding process
  • Most national football associations "don't like" Uefa-backed Fifa presidential candidate Gianni Infantino
  • His current suspension is a "total nonsense" and that the Fifa ethics committee have failed him

Blatter added it is "his dream" for his ban to end in time to conduct the February congress when he will be succeeded by one of seven candidates.

He also admitted he should have stood down after the 2014 World Cup in Brazil but stayed because of concerns that Uefa, European football's governing body, would become too dominant within Fifa.

"The other confederations were afraid that Uefa would take over everything because they have the money and the players," said Blatter.

"Uefa has an anti-Fifa virus."

Uefa president Platini was the target for most of Blatter's criticism, with the Frenchman accused of being motivated by "envy and jealousy".

The two are currently suspended while Fifa investigates a £1.35m payment made in 2011, which the pair say was for work Platini did as Blatter's adviser.

"At the beginning it was only a personal attack - it was Platini against me," said Blatter.

"He started it, but then it became politics and when it is in politics, it is not any longer Platini against me.

"It is then those who have lost the World Cup - England against Russia. They lost the World Cup and the USA lost the World Cup against Qatar.

He added: "Platini wanted to be Fifa president but he did not have the courage to go as the president and now we are in such a situation in football."

A spokesman for Fifa's ethics committee investigatory chamber told BBC Sport they are "reading with interest" Blatter's comments.

Edited by Rodders

Blatter and Platini are both scum. The Uk paid a lot for those bids, and for them to have decided before hand is a joke.

It's fraud, isn't it? Which is a crime. Which requires punishment. In a prison. 

• Like 1

Still can't believe these idiots have been in charge for so long. If Platini somehow becomes head of FIFA it will only get worse. 

I fear his corruption goes as far as match fixing. Remember the Man u v Chelsea CL final in Russia, he was bemoaning the Premier leagues dominance, free market etc. What happened next year? 

Man u were waiting in the final again, Chelsea were fixed out of the semi final against Barcelona with the 4/5 blatant non penalties etc. There's no way that match wasn't fixed in some way.That was Mark Clattenburg'esque refereeing. 

I personally don't think the corruption just stops at taking bribes, fixing world cup venues etc.......

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 2

We've all watched matches and thought there's something wrong with the ref. That is a particularly good and high profile example there pas. No doubt there are matches fixed all over the place in some way. problem for me is its not just the currently under suspension Platini. There's the Swiss/Italian guys that does all the Uefa draws (and the hosts never get an easy group in stuff do they??), Musa Bility from Liberia who in 2013 was banned from all football activity for 6months by the CAF, Former FIFA Vice President Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein of Jordan, Former Fifa exec and advisor to Blatter, Jerome Champagne, Sheik Salman Kalifa the current Fifa Vice President? Or Tokyo? Whose only crime to date was being a terrorist like wot nelson mandela was although not charged he was questioned about a 10 million dollar bribe paid by the S.African govt to secure the 2010 world cup. though I stress not charged or implicated. Thats why I was wondering if anyone knew much about him. he seems the only one i could believe MIGHT, just might share our principles.

That statement today is incredible. The UK spend public money bidding for that, that means your money and mine - out tax went on a bidding process that was actually irrelevant and has been admitted as such, openly and clearly.

That's prison that is.

• Like 2

That statement today is incredible. The UK spend public money bidding for that, that means your money and mine - out tax went on a bidding process that was actually irrelevant and has been admitted as such, openly and clearly.

That's prison that is.

Indeed. Its quite frankly astonishing. There's no other way to put it, its fraud.

I guess he's trying to bring down as many people as he can.  Surely all the bidding countries can sue FIFA for zillions now.

Lucky they've got that £1bn contingency fund really isn't it. 

Â