FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

FIFA have confirmed that they won''t change the dates of the Qatar world cup and it'll be played in winter. 

Good. If they won't move it from Qatar entirely, I hope it's a **** shambles. Awful games with lots of breaks, a few players fainting, almost no goals because the players are all exhausted. That'll do nicely.

What I'd pay to watch a Hunger Games style fight to the death between Blatter, Platini, Tony Blair, George W Bush, Dick Cheney and all the bank presidents on Wall St.....might as well throw in Donald Trump too.

• Like 1

FIFA have confirmed that they won''t change the dates of the Qatar world cup and it'll be played in winter. 

Good. If they won't move it from Qatar entirely, I hope it's a **** shambles. Awful games with lots of breaks, a few players fainting, almost no goals because the players are all exhausted. That'll do nicely.

average in November/December is 32 and 28. thats lower than Germany and Brazil who hosted 2 of last 3 World Cups

Out with blatter in with platini...

Zico in the week is kind of right, moaning that he can't run because he hasn't got the 5 nods but he's got the experience and reputation, FIFA need someone from left field, not someone who is just passing the torch from the old regime, platini will win I'm 100% sure of it and UEFA in its current state is even better than FIFA at putting the £ ahead of the football which is a million miles ahead of the fan

As a non profitable organisation it should be football marginally ahead of the fan base with then the money and sponsors trailing behind, not a clue who the bollocks to implement that but he not be up for election that's for sure

BREAKING: Fifa sponsors Coca-Cola & McDonalds issue statements calling for president Sepp Blatter to step down immediately #SSNHQ

Statement from Sepp Blatter's lawyer: "While Coca-Cola is a valued sponsor of FIFA, Mr. Blatter respectfully disagrees with its position...:crylaugh::crylaugh:

Big developments!  Blatter, Platini and Jerome Valcke (vice president of FIFA) have all been suspended for 90 days and former vice president Chung Mong-joon has been banned from all football activity for six years.  This basically finishes all of their careers in football, right?  

I imagine it's the kind of organisation where in order to be in a position of any influence you have to have sold your soul at some point along the way.  So I'd say once it all starts to come out, a large proportion of the upper echelons are in it up to their necks.  FIFA will need a roots and branch change to clean itself up, if it's even possible at that scale.

What I don't quite understand...

Platini took a £1.3m payment from Blatter to (allegedly) not stand against him in the election some years back. Now assuming that was true (it looks that way) then they are both in it together. Why has Platini been trying so hard to take Blatter down? He must have known that if/when Blatter got taken down he'd take MP with him? Maybe that has happened, Blatter had the sinking feeling and didn't want Platini to slide over into his seat so 'leaked' the details.

Edited by Genie

I just assume that we don't know the half of it, which is why as you say it's so hard to understand.  We clearly don't have all the pieces of the jigsaw (maybe Tim is trying to stick them all in the wrong places?).

I just assume that we don't know the half of it, which is why as you say it's so hard to understand.  We clearly don't have all the pieces of the jigsaw (maybe Tim is trying to stick them all in the wrong places?).

I agree. At this stage it is like secretly sleeping with your girlfriends mate and then having a go at her in public for be a slapper!

Platini took a £1.3m payment from Blatter to (allegedly) not stand against him in the election some years back. Now assuming that was true (it looks that way) then they are both in it together. Why has Platini been trying so hard to take Blatter down? He must have known that if/when Blatter got taken down he'd take MP with him? Maybe that has happened, Blatter had the sinking feeling and didn't want Platini to slide over into his seat so 'leaked' the details.

Maybe misguidedly Platini hoped that if Blatter just stepped down then all the shit fan-hitting could be avoided, but that never took into account the fact that Sepp is an utter despot.  Now it's just going to get messier for them both, rather wonderfully.

Maybe misguidedly Platini hoped that if Blatter just stepped down then all the shit fan-hitting could be avoided, but that never took into account the fact that Sepp is an utter despot.  Now it's just going to get messier for them both, rather wonderfully.

Very naive of Platini if true.

He can't expect to profit from Fifa's corruption and then profit again from bringing their corruption to light without being dragged in

Â