FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

I read that Spain vs Ireland game was home and away then a 3rd game was meant be in London but Spanish FA promised FAI all gate receipts to play it in Paris which had a huge Spanish community. FAI took backhanders even back then :P

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/04/fai-fifa-paid-us-to-stop-legal-case-over-thierry-henry-handball-incident/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=3765088&utm_source=FB%20-%20NBC%20Sports%20Soccer

"FAI: FIFA paid us to stop legal case over Thierry Henry handball incident"

Wow so Fifa just bought off Ireland even though Ireland were clearly screwed. I don't think Ireland had much ground to complain though. Yes it was the wrong call, but refs make mistakes and unfortunately, Ireland was on the wrong end of one error.

Happens all the time. It's called an "out of court settlement" and it's typically in both parties' best interest.

No issue with that at all

• Like 1

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/sepp-blatter-will-be-arrested-and-forced-out-of-fifa-in-a-couple-of-months-says-greg-dyke-10301334.html

"Sepp Blatter will be arrested and forced out of Fifa in a 'couple of months'"

Thank god. I still have a fear he will somehow get away from all this. Blatter was smart, and probably never did any dirty work himself. so it's almost impossible to tie anything to him. A few whistle blowers can do a lot of damage though. 

Documents 'show Fifa bribe payments' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-33039014

A BBC investigation has seen evidence that details what happened to the $10m sent from Fifa to accounts controlled by former vice-president Jack Warner.

The money, sent on behalf of South Africa, was meant to be used for its Caribbean diaspora legacy programme.

But documents suggest Mr Warner used the payment for cash withdrawals, personal loans and to launder money.

The 72-year-old, who has been indicted by the US FBI for corruption, denies all claims of wrongdoing.

Fifa says it is co-operating with the investigation.

And South Africa's Football Association has issued a detailed statement denying any wrongdoing.

The papers seen by the BBC detail three wire transfers by Fifa.

In the three transactions - on 4 January, 1 February and 10 March 2008 - funds totalling $10m (£6.5m) from Fifa accounts were received into Concacaf accounts controlled by Jack Warner.

At the time, he was in charge of the body, which governs football in North and Central America and the Caribbean.

Edited by av1

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/sepp-blatter-will-be-arrested-and-forced-out-of-fifa-in-a-couple-of-months-says-greg-dyke-10301334.html

"Sepp Blatter will be arrested and forced out of Fifa in a 'couple of months'"

Thank god. I still have a fear he will somehow get away from all this. Blatter was smart, and probably never did any dirty work himself. so it's almost impossible to tie anything to him. A few whistle blowers can do a lot of damage though. 

Thats just complete guesswork. 

Link

Fifa communications director Walter De Gregorio has been sacked after sealing his fate with a joke about the governing body on Swiss TV.

Gregorio told Swiss chat show Schawinski: "The Fifa president, secretary general and communications director are all travelling in a car. Who's driving? The police."

The parallels with Mr Burns is just amazing!

The Dream Makers :)

Fifa's United Passions is the lowest-grossing film in US history It made just $918

blatter-1_3345802b.jpg
Return of the Blatt: Sepp with star Gerard Depardieu Photo: AP

2:49PM BST 18 Jun 2015

comments.gifComment

You might recall last year when Fifa released a truly dreadful film painting Sepp Blatter as some kind of heroic figure. It was Blatter at his most Mr. Burns and we watched it so you don’t have to.

Sometimes in this godforsaken world, as in the case of pasta, The Beatles and Seinfeld, the general public get something absolutely spot on. This is one of those times as it now emerges that United Passions is the lowest-grossing film in US box office history.

That’s right; the monstrous vanity project had a final weekend return of just $918 from 10 cinemas. Why on earth it was released in the States at this moment in time given recent revelations is anyone’s guess.

The director, Frederic Auburtin, who must be wondering if he’ll ever work again, this week called the movie a “disaster”. Tim Roth, star of Pulp Fiction, said he only took on the role of Blatter due to financial troubles and admitted his father would be “turning in his grave” at the decision.

blatter-2_3345824b.jpg

Sepp Blatter, Gerard Depardieu and the director Frederic Auburtin

The film has now been pulled from cinemas after its horrendous box office performance and it has also been revealed that it was only ever screened at Cannes due to pressure from star Gerard Depardieu. Better still, apparently Fifa wanted to call the film Men of Legend or The Dream Makers.

This is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Blatter would like the world to know that he hasn't resigned:

'Sepp Blatter has added to speculation that he could yet attempt to stay on as Fifa’s president – three weeks after he announced his plan to step down over the organisation’s corruption crisis.

Blatter, addressing an audience at the topping-out ceremony for Fifa’s new museum in Zurich, said he had not resigned and had merely made his mandate available – and joked that he was “not ready for a museum, or for a waxwork”.

Blatter, who opened his comments with a quote from Pablo Picasso – “Give me a museum, and I will fill it” – appeared “fresh and full of energy,” according to the Swiss newspaper Blick, “with the worry lines disappeared from his face”.

The 79-year-old was quoted by the newspaper as responding to a question over his long-term future by saying: “I have not resigned. I am making my mandate available at an extraordinary congress.”

Talking about the museum, he added: “Only those who know the past can understand the present and shape the future. Or in other words: the ball is round – but only those who come from outer space know the actual dimensions of our sport … For me personally, the museum is a labour of love. But do not get me wrong: I’m not ready for the museum nor for a waxwork yet.”

A subsequent FIFA statement confirmed the quotes were accurate but pointed out that Blatter’s remarks were consistent with his 2 June speech, in which he did not use the word resign.'

You've got to admire the media-management of this. He's under pressure, really terrible pressure the weekend after the election, so he announces, using very carefully chosen words, that he'll step down or whatever, making sure he doesn't say the word 'resign'. Then a few weeks later, pressure off, media attention elsewhere, terrorist attack in France, great day to tell the world's media that silly them, of course he didn't mean he'd resign, how could anybody think that?

He'll be taken out of office in his casket, not before, mark my words. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

• 2 weeks later...

Germany and France in the thick of it according to Sepp.

French and German presidents applied political pressure prior to the 2018 and 2022 World Cup votes, according to Fifa president Sepp Blatter.

He alleges ex-French president Nicolas Sarkozy and his German counterpart Christian Wulff sought to influence voting before Qatar and Russia were chosen as respective hosts in 2010.

Blatter, 79, said: "That is the reason why we now have a World Cup in Qatar."

The voting process is now under investigation by the Swiss prosecutors.

He added: "Those who decided this should also take the responsibility."

Blatter announced on 2 June he would step down from the presidency at world football's governing body at an extraordinary congress to be held between December and March.

His decision followed an investigation into alleged corruption at Fifa which has seen 18 people indicted in the United States. Blatter said he has "nothing to fear" on a personal level.

Speaking to Germany's Welt am Sonntag newspaper, Blatter said: "Before the World Cups were awarded to Russia and Qatar, there were two political interventions. Messrs Sarkozy and Wulff tried to influence their vote-makers.

Blatter also claimed that the German football association (DFB) "also received such a recommendation that Germany should vote for Qatar due to economic interests."

He added: "Just look at all the German companies. The Deutsche Bahn (German railways) Hochtief (construction) and many more already had projects in Qatar before the World Cup was awarded there.

"I act on the leadership principle. If a majority of the executive committee wants a World Cup in Qatar then I have to accept that."

Former DFB president Theo Zwanziger had previously written that Wulff had asked about Qatar's chances but he denied it had had any influence.

Blatter has also confirmed that he does not intend to stand for a sixth term in office at Fifa

Blatter blames politics for Qatar vote http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33401602

Edited by av1

• 2 weeks later...

I hoped we'd seen the end of that stain on humanity...

...and Blatter too, lol 

Â