FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

He's a word removed.

But I must admit the picture he's provided is brilliant.

Seconded. I think he is the happy shopper version of Sacha baron Cohen but seeing blatter like that has made my day Edited by Jimzk5

taken away the rumours from this morning that platini was going to begrudgingly run for FIFA president...

Palpatine.png

Platini the great coward of FIFA politics. All talk and no action. Bottled to stand up against Blatter this year to protect his reputation

• Like 1

2AB2A77D00000578-3168276-image-a-19_1437

Love or hate Lee Nelson as a character, but you seriously could not even Photoshop a better image of Sepp Blatter.

The fact that he's had the cojones to blag his way in there and march up to the front saying "this is for the World Cup in North Korea 2026" is absolutely superb.  It's not even comedy, it's a gesture on behalf of everyone who genuinely cares about football.  Looks like that's real money too.

And even though he's not funny, I am amused by him having a fat mate called "Omelette"!

• Like 3

Platini who was for years Batters protégée and in essence, FIFAs man at UEFA. Reading both Andrew Jennings books, all this recent public bravado from FIFA, such as the announcement of an 11 man committee to investigate corruption and the talk of transparency, is classic FIFA tactics to STOP anything coming out. They've been at it for years with the transparency line. No doubt the committee will have a few laughable figures on who have dodgy pasts plus token celebs who you wonder wtf are they doing on such a panel. For example, years ago Blatter proposed a committee to look at the ticket scandal for Korea/Japan (basically to protect the known touting from Jack Warner and Chuck Blazer) and suggested Placedo Domingo as one of the committee members. Of course a friend of Sepps.

I just see classic Blatter/FIFA stalling tactics with this.

Edited by stewiek2

As much as I hate Blatter (and I really do hate him) and as funny as that situation is, I can't help be just see a rather scared and frightened old man when I look at that.

It kind of takes the enjoyment away from seeing someone face about the closest thing to justice that they will ever be confronted with. 

• Like 2

His age is irrelevant. If he's able to run the worlds most corrupt sporting organisation he's able to take the shite that comes with it.

The sight of him shitting himself when the banknotes went flying was glorious.

• Like 3

He might have took a few bribes here and there but its hardly kiddy fiddling FFS

You're right....its not kiddy fiddling....never mind about the estimated 4000 workers in Qatar who'll die by 2020 because Sepp took a few backhanders here and there. As long as he's not a nonce well leave the chap alone.
  • Like 3

Nobody is defending Blatter least of all me, I want to see him brought down and to justice.

I just don't take pleasure in seeing someon old enough to be my granddad looking scared like he does in that picture.

When you see the video of it it is funny but when you see some of the pictures not so much.

His age is irrelevant. If he's able to run the worlds most corrupt sporting organisation he's able to take the shite that comes with it.

The sight of him shitting himself when the banknotes went flying was glorious.

Agreed. People like Berlusconi and Blatter are happy to play the scared/doddery old man when it suits them. Neither should be running anything and both should be behind bars. If poor old Sepp can't handle a guy walking up to him and throwing money over him then he's not capable of running a corner shop never mind a multi-billion dollar organisation. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Edited by villa89

Nobody is defending Blatter least of all me, I want to see him brought down and to justice.

I just don't take pleasure in seeing someon old enough to be my granddad looking scared like he does in that picture.

When you see the video of it it is funny but when you see some of the pictures not so much.

For the first time in ages we disagree. If he hadn't done what he has allegedly done that wouldn't have happened. It wouldn't have happened to your grandad, or most other 80 year olds.

Nelson didn't jump out of a cupboard and scare him. This was directly related to what he's done, allegedly.

He wasn't in danger. He didn't get hurt. As with most of his FIFA tenure he was just sitting in a comfy chair in a shower of banknotes.

• Like 2

Blatter is at that age where he is savvy enough to be one or two steps removed from anything easily proven. Yet magically, if he gets anywhere near a court appearance he'll suddenly be in his 80's too ill to travel and he'll have doctors willing to say his memory has gone.

That picture should be the only one that's ever used of the guy from now on.

For the first time in ages we disagree. 

Oh well, you were going to be wrong sooner or later me old mucker ;)

PS let's see how scared he looks if this all proves true and he ends up being led down to spend the rest of his life in a cell.

He won't spend a single day in a cell.

• Like 1

Â