New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

One of the best things about having a white away shirt (not only that it reminds me of 1982, not that I was born then of course) is that the badge won't stick out like a sore thumb since we never change the colours to suit the colours of the shirt.

It's still Macron at the end of the day though so I won't get my hopes up. Shame we don't have pinstripes on the away kit too, might have inspired the players if they wore something next season that was reminiscent of this hallowed shirt:

380x450_fitbox-aston-villa-retro-1982-eu

:wub:

• Like 2

One of the best things about having a white away shirt (not only that it reminds me of 1982, not that I was born then of course) is that the badge won't stick out like a sore thumb since we never change the colours to suit the colours of the shirt.

It's still Macron at the end of the day though so I won't get my hopes up. Shame we don't have pinstripes on the away kit too, might have inspired the players if they wore something next season that was reminiscent of this hallowed shirt:

Yes!

That one is by far my favourite

Pinstripes? A variation of this one mayby?

135x160_fitbox-aston-villa-retro-1994-le

This was my 1st Kit and it had the 'coca cola cup winners' above the badge still 1 of my favourites

if our new home is anything like this i think a lot of us will be well happy.... VTiD

Beautiful shirt, but it'd still look like shit with the Macron men and the Dafabet logo littering it.

Edited by Davkaus

Pinstripes? A variation of this one mayby?

135x160_fitbox-aston-villa-retro-1994-le

I just thought the same thing, especially as many fans say that is their favourite.

Not for me. Aston Villa should never have stripes as our main kit. Leave that to the Bog Rolls. Claret body with light blue arms thank you. Some things should be sacrosanct .

• Like 1

That's pretty much my dream too.

The new owners of Umbro have got to start all over again now though, winning new contracts. They're resting on the laurels of the Brazil deal at the moment, and that's one that Nike, not whichever group owns them now, did.

What Brazil deal?  Brazil are still very much a Nike asset.

Umbro have recently announced Everton and Hull in the PL for next season, and RC Lens and FC Nantes in France.

Bah, my bad. I assumed that, with their pages being littered with Brazil stuff, Brazil had the kit deal. Turns out it's a couple of Brazillian clubs. I expect they were trying to fool people like me.

So yes, the new owners of Umbro have successfully bagged Hull and Everton. Blimey, that Nike Everton deal was short.