Manchester United

BOF

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its changed though hasn't it with ultimate team and I don't know if that is changing how kids support football or with how kids support football

Paired with messi and Ronaldo it's right, new young fans are drawn to favourite players and not teams

Yeah, to be fair I probably stopped playing it ten years ago.  I think it's ok to be a fan of players in other leagues, but if they play for another prem team they're dead to me.  Can't imagine too many kids are arguing over who gets to be Ronaldo or Rashford right now though!

Will be interesting to see who the young kids are going for in the next 5 or so years.  Man City obviously. Probably Liverpool.

Either way, both my kids were born several thousand miles from B6 but they've both been cursed with watching dozens of hours of Villa already.  They'll not be fans of any other prem team while there's warm blood in my veins.  It's more fun if we all suffer together.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ronaldo is completely finished at that level. 

He demonstrably makes teams worse now. At least last season he was doing that and still scoring goals.

He's always been a petulant footballer, but you get away with it when you're one of the best payers the world has ever seen.

He is no longer that.

What's worse is he seems to be under the impression CL clubs will be falling over themselves to sign him in January. No one decent will be wanting this Ronaldo, seems the new Chelsea owner was tempted to get him in the summer but they signed Aubameyang instead who's playing just as badly.

If money was no object he should've just had a sentimental year back at Sporting, probably would've got through their group with his presence. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think any of them were red cards but there's enough in there for a few yellows

The Ollie one annoyed me the most, genuinely believe Harry Kane gets a penalty for that

Blows my mind Martinez went through the 90 minutes without an actual yellow. Even right at the end he did a standard yellow tactical foul when we had a counter so ref could've just done one of those totting up motions and booked him then.

When I was a kid I idolised a good few players outside of Villa. Never wanted to own their shirt* or support their club though. I think today its the social media presence and sheer amount of merchandise and availiabilty of everything. 20 years ago getting hold of a PSG shirt would be near impossible unless you actually went to Paris. 

*I did hanker after Zidanes '98 WC shirt. Got a pretty good one on the early days of eBay. Also, I've always wanted an 1860 Munich Lowenbrau shirt from the mid 90's but I neither have the physique or time to pursue that. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

When I was a kid I idolised a good few players outside of Villa. Never wanted to own their shirt* or support their club though. I think today its the social media presence and sheer amount of merchandise and availiabilty of everything. 20 years ago getting hold of a PSG shirt would be near impossible unless you went to a looky looky man on holiday  

*I did hanker after Zidanes '98 WC shirt. Got a pretty good one on the early days of eBay. Also, I've always wanted an 1860 Munich Lowenbrau shirt from the mid 90's but I neither have the physique or time to pursue that. 

FTFY

Me and my brother both had Ronaldo inter Milan shirts circa 1998, my brother had the great black and grey hooped away shirt 

Edited by villa4europe

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The arrogance is back for them and their fans. They talk like it's only a matter of time before they're back challenging for the league.

Do one. What's give you the right?

Never ever catching City for one. Wouldn't be surprised to see them outside the top 6 this season to be honest. They are not a good side.

The ones I spoke to after the game seemed more realistic as they just hoped for a top 4 finish.

Apparently Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting is a January target for them. Granted he's having solid season for Bayern and is out of contract in the summer, but he's 33 and has never really been prolific.

Never change Manure, never change.

54 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Looks like they will rotate a fair bit for the cup game. Let's go strong and bash them again. Beat man u twice in a week for the first time since 1465

What makes you think that? I think they will go strong

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What makes you think that? I think they will go strong

They cant afford to lose 2 games in a week ( especially to the same opposition ) so,yes they will go strong ( if for nothing else than to save face )

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Looks like they will rotate a fair bit for the cup game. Let's go strong and bash them again. Beat man u twice in a week for the first time since 1465

We had a decent young squad that year but we really benefited from the Bubonic Plague lockdown period. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

When I was a kid I idolised a good few players outside of Villa. Never wanted to own their shirt* or support their club though. I think today its the social media presence and sheer amount of merchandise and availiabilty of everything. 20 years ago getting hold of a PSG shirt would be near impossible unless you actually went to Paris. 

I’ve got an 1860 Munich shirt, I think circa early 2000’s tho, think it still has the same sponsor though.

No way are they having losing to us twice in a week. Lets prepare for their strongest team. Dalots definitely playing as he is banned for fulham so no point not playing him. Bruno will be back so i think it will be a difficult game

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:
8 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I’ve got an 1860 Munich shirt, I think circa early 2000’s tho, think it still has the same sponsor though.

I've got a mid 90s one (links are broken).

Â