Manchester United

BOF

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thought there were no actual charges, and that he had reached an out-of-court settlement with the woman concerned, so I don't think extradition is possible unless that changes, and frankly I'm not sure it's true that he can't go to America. 

I think was an out of court settlement then with the Me Too movement she made another claim and lost the lawsuit

I think Ronaldo could score 25 a season again easy, if you structure your entire team around him and be totally designed to eke out the last of his powers, which would be massively detrimental to the whole team's performance and while he might get 25 goals your whole team wouldn't score more than 35, and you'd concede more than that. 

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Good point. But can't he be extradited? Are there actual charges against him?

If he turned up in the US it would probably reignite the stories which he is probably keen to avoid. For that reason I imagine he won’t bother with the MLS.

I could see him back at Sporting if he agreed to a nominal wage.

27 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think Ronaldo could score 25 a season again easy, if you structure your entire team around him and be totally designed to eke out the last of his powers, which would be massively detrimental to the whole team's performance and while he might get 25 goals your whole team wouldn't score more than 35, and you'd concede more than that. 

Last year i’d have agreed whole heartedly. This year he’s looked awful. Maybe he’s holding himself back to make sure he goes to the World Cup, time will tell.

7 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

He has no options in Europe more than Sporting and not sure Amorim would want him. Think he is going to fail to get ETH sacked. If that is what he is doing.

Would be bloody hilarious if they sacked ETH to persist with Ronaldo

47 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Where is this? Indonesia? Once upon a time that was correct.

He can't move. His performance at Villa Park was embarrassing.

There is a reason Iniesta and Xavi sodded off to Qatar and Japan. There legacy isn't tainted by father time.

34 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

He has no options in Europe more than Sporting and not sure Amorim would want him. Think he is going to fail to get ETH sacked. If that is what he is doing.

I think he is making 100% sure he leaves in January after his mini-strop in the summer failed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I hope they don't back down to him.  They will, but I hope they don't.

They will get rid as it’s the right thing for everyone now.

He is costing them a lot of money and offering little in return (on the pitch).

Keeping him around is a lose/lose for everybody.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Ronaldo is / has been a winner over the last 10-15 years.

Man U have completely regressed into a mid table team and won nothing.

Although he's annoying ****, most of what he says has substance.

Some of it has substance, maybe.  You don't go public with it though.

You also don't go down the route of "I don't know who Rangnick is" etc. like some entitled clearing in the woods.  Of course, Ronaldo is just an entitled clearing in the woods.  But still.

• Like 4

Â