Manchester United

BOF

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I was surprised at how bad Ronaldo was.  They’d been on decent form as of late as well, but they looked very average. The midfield 2 of Eriksen and Casemiro are quality on the ball, but lack any legs. Van de Beek was so ponderous on the ball. 

I dont wanna say too much about him as knowing our luck he scores a couple midweek but he wasnt good at all today.

They really need to release him in the summer 

What on earth was he thinking making Ronaldo captain a couple of weeks after refusing to come on as a sub? Bizarre decision.

It looked like strong management the initial way he dealt with it, so why make it look like you're just bowing down to him again?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

What on earth was he thinking making Ronaldo captain a couple of weeks after refusing to come on as a sub? Bizarre decision.

It looked like strong management the initial way he dealt with it, so why make it look like you're just bowing down to him again?

He's been told probably.

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont wanna say too much about him as knowing our luck he scores a couple midweek but he wasnt good at all today.

They really need to release him in the summer 

I think Ronaldo wanted to be released in the summer and Ten Hag wanted it too but some people think Ronaldo marketability is more important

• Like 1

Before today they had won seven seven, drew two, and lost just one of their last ten games in the league, they've been beating some decent teams as well, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, and got a decent away draw to Chelsea. So we beat a team in prettty good form.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Before today they had won seven seven, drew two, and lost just one of their last ten games in the league, they've been beating some decent teams as well, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, and got a decent away draw to Chelsea. So we beat a team in prettty good form.

Bruno was a big miss for them today. He rarely gets injured. I think they struggled bad without him today. Expecting a tougher test midweek.

• Like 1

I was doubtful we could beat them away in the League Cup as it was, but feel even more doubtful now just for the fact that it feels unlikely that we will beat them twice in a week. Athough I guess that's a counter-intuitive way of looking at it as should be more confident after the win today not less confident.

What on earth is that fat knacker Shaw doing with his socks. I've got a severe irrational hatred of that.

The way he wears them make them look like the last, unwashed pair out of a Sunday league kitbag with no stretch left. Gimp.

Fg45e-zWQAE7Gm8.jpg

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I was surprised at how bad Ronaldo was.  They’d been on decent form as of late as well, but they looked very average. The midfield 2 of Eriksen and Casemiro are quality on the ball, but lack any legs. Van de Beek was so ponderous on the ball. 

That was genuinely one of the worst striker performances I've ever seen before against us. He was just awful awful awful.

Edited by Mantis

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

That was genuinely one of the worst striker performances I've ever seen before against us. He was just awful awful awful.

He did almost score so i wouldnt say it was that awful. Ollie was a lot worse last week

12 hours ago, Genie said:

He had plenty to offer last season but he’s been dreadful this year. He looks completely past it now.

Not letting him go in the summer is looking worse and worse by the week.

I'd love to see Messi surpass him in total career goals and put to bed the idiotic Ronaldo v Messi 'debate'.

Ronaldo is so dreadful at the moment that I think Messi could just about do it, unless they move Ronaldo on to the MLS or Saudi League.

Edited by His Name Is Death

You have to feel for them. They all got sucked in as kids because they largely just pissed the league all the way through the 90's and 00's, 99 champions league, class of 92 and all that bollocks. Now since Ferguson retired (some would say left them in the lurch, seen the writing on the wall and wanted no part of a rebuild) they are shit, bloated with a crumbling stadium and owners who use it mainly for dividends and as a vehicle to saddle debt onto, while trying to compete with oil nation states and other billionaires who are competent. 

They've lost a lot and one of the few things they had left was beating us in the league and FAC R3. The look on their sad faces when they realise that the gamble they made as kids to support them and not their local team is coming back to bite them in the arse forever is brilliant. 

Time to knock their sorry asses out of the cup as well. I bet we're not drawn together for another 50 years. 

12 hours ago, villarule123 said:

To try and get a positive reaction to drum up any interested buyers in Jan?

Â