Manchester United

BOF

Ronaldo is completely finished at that level. 

He demonstrably makes teams worse now. At least last season he was doing that and still scoring goals.

He's always been a petulant footballer, but you get away with it when you're one of the best payers the world has ever seen.

He is no longer that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

You have to feel for them. They all got sucked in as kids because they largely just pissed the league all the way through the 90's and 00's, 99 champions league, class of 92 and all that bollocks. Now since Ferguson retired (some would say left them in the lurch, seen the writing on the wall and wanted no part of a rebuild) they are shit, bloated with a crumbling stadium and owners who use it mainly for dividends and as a vehicle to saddle debt onto, while trying to compete with oil nation states and other billionaires who are competent. 

They've lost a lot and one of the few things they had left was beating us in the league and FAC R3. The look on their sad faces when they realise that the gamble they made as kids to support them and not their local team is coming back to bite them in the arse forever is brilliant. 

Time to knock their sorry asses out of the cup as well. I bet we're not drawn together for another 50 years. 

Love this post, I had many a mate growing up in the 80’s and early 90’s that supported Liverpool or Man Utd and you ask them why and you got the response “because they are the best” that used to really wind me up back then but in a way I used to feel sad for them because I had know idea how you actually enjoy football when you live in the midlands or London and support Utd because they win all of the time. Also nobody respects you when you talk about football if you say your a united supporter because your just a glory supporter. 

it’s the same now for those little shits you see walking around with Man City tops, I wanna ask them if they were supporting them when they were scrapping through the league one play offs 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Love this post, I had many a mate growing up in the 80’s and early 90’s that supported Liverpool or Man Utd and you ask them why and you got the response “because they are the best” that used to really wind me up back then but in a way I used to feel sad for them because I had know idea how you actually enjoy football when you live in the midlands or London and support Utd because they win all of the time. Also nobody respects you when you talk about football if you say your a united supporter because your just a glory supporter. 

it’s the same now for those little shits you see walking around with Man City tops, I wanna ask them if they were supporting them when they were scrapping through the league one play offs 

Saw my 11 year old nephew on Saturday. He's been a Leicester fan for years (lives there) but apparently he's now a City fan. Says it's because they're the best and have his favourite player (Haaland). He doesn't watch them and all he knows about Haaland is he scores a lot of goals. Guess that's one less Christmas present I have to buy. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, sne said:

FIFA generations. They support whoever has the best players on FIFA. And if those players move, so does the support.

for all the moaning about the super league this reasoning behind it is right, this is what is happening 

furthering that to say those players should only play for the biggest clubs that they themselves deem worthy was where it was then complete and utter bullshit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

genuine question, how on earth doe s a player get away with multiple elbows?

Unbelievable.

Was going to say: By wearing a red shirt. But since they were playing in white I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Was going to say: By wearing a red shirt. But since they were playing in white I'm not sure.

i know its a standing joke about VAR and refs favouring the "big 6", but im genuinely shocked that a player is allowed to basically physically assault players with no come back.

its shocking tbh.

the should have had 2-3 reds against us looking at those clips.....

• Like 1

The arrogance is back for them and their fans. They talk like it's only a matter of time before they're back challenging for the league.

Do one. What's give you the right?

Never ever catching City for one. Wouldn't be surprised to see them outside the top 6 this season to be honest. They are not a good side.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The arrogance is back for them and their fans. They talk like it's only a matter of time before they're back challenging for the league.

Do one. What's give you the right?

Never ever catching City for one. Wouldn't be surprised to see them outside the top 6 this season to be honest. They are not a good side.

Going into the season with the striker options of a wildly inconsistent and injury prone Martial, the chronically out of form Rashford and the ego of the legless Ronaldo does not look like the wisest move in hindsight. 

9 hours ago, sne said:

FIFA generations. They support whoever has the best players on FIFA. And if those players move, so does the support.

FIFA came out in 1993. Champ Manager in 1992.

I'll admit amazing players on FIFA made me cheer more for their country at AFCON / World Cup / etc, but it had zero effect on my allegiance at club level.

• Like 1

Just now, Vancvillan said:

FIFA came out in 1993. Champ Manager in 1992.

I'll admit amazing players on FIFA made me cheer more for their country at AFCON / World Cup / etc, but it had zero effect on my allegiance at club level.

Its changed though hasn't it with ultimate team and I don't know if that is changing how kids support football or with how kids support football

Paired with messi and Ronaldo it's right, new young fans are drawn to favourite players and not teams

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its changed though hasn't it with ultimate team and I don't know if that is changing how kids support football or with how kids support football

Paired with messi and Ronaldo it's right, new young fans are drawn to favourite players and not teams

Yeah it's a 2000's or even 2010's thing for me. I see kids (16-19 y.o) where I work who wear a Man City, Haaland jersey one day and then the next its a M'bappé, PSG one.

Obviously there are still loads who supports the one team, usually City, PSG, Real or Barca. 

• Like 1

Â