Manchester United

BOF

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

So Ronaldo desperately wanted to leave this summer, Manchester United refused. Now they sit him in the bench and pay him half a million a week.

They don’t learn do they?

The financial package of having Ronaldo was probably worth more to them than getting rid at some weird cut price.

Plus he's still a fantastic finisher.  Having him come off the bench is a great asset to have (as long as he's happy 'enough' etc).

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The financial package of having Ronaldo was probably worth more to them than getting rid at some weird cut price.

Plus he's still a fantastic finisher.  Having him come off the bench is a great asset to have (as long as he's happy 'enough' etc).

I can’t see they’re getting £500k a week of value out of him getting occasional sub minutes. 

Last year they’d have done all the marketing, sold the shirts etc. Not many people bought shirts with Ronaldo this year as it looked very likely he’d be gone.

They should have moved him on and re-spent the money on the squad.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, jim said:

Greenwood finally charged.

Notice it’s for attempted rape rather than rape. 

The audio seemed to contradict that. 

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Notice it’s for attempted rape rather than rape. 

The audio seemed to contradict that. 

Yes I spotted that. Hope he never kicks a ball again. Scum.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

When's the trial scheduled?

All I can see atm is that he is due in court on Monday. Presumably a he will plead innocent and date will be set then. 

2 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Goes to show how hard rape convictions are, CPS would've just gone with what they felt was the best chance of getting a conviction, especially in a high profile case.

I know it’s a really difficult crime to prove mate, but that audio had her saying ‘don’t put your c##k in me’ him saying ‘shut up I’ll do what I want’ and then her saying ‘take it out’

Im not a law man but I’m not sure you need inspector Morse on this one. Without someone actually filming it I’m not sure you could have better evidence. 

29 minutes ago, av1 said:

I know it’s a really difficult crime to prove mate, but that audio had her saying ‘don’t put your c##k in me’ him saying ‘shut up I’ll do what I want’ and then her saying ‘take it out’

Im not a law man but I’m not sure you need inspector Morse on this one. Without someone actually filming it I’m not sure you could have better evidence. 

You'd be surprised how difficult it is to get a rape conviction, even in spite of overwhelming evidence. The court system for rape cases is hugely flawed. 

27 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Man Utd a miles better team without Ronaldo - who is now resorting to sulking off when he doesn't get subbed on.  What a **** prick :D 

That’s why Messi will always be better Cristiano isn’t a team player.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

That’s why Messi will always be better Cristiano isn’t a team player.

Messi is better IMO just because he's a better all round footballer.

I'm surprised at Ronaldo for this, though.  By all accounts, he's generally a good person in the dressing room etc.  Maybe that's just because he has always played before and never had to deal with... not being good enough?

Â