Manchester United

BOF

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I bet he'll still play every game for England though. Who is Sam Allardyce to tell an experienced international player whether he should be on the pitch, the bench, or left at home? 

Perfect time for Big Sam not to call him up now.

Will be the first name on the teamsheet of course though.

On 10/2/2016 at 13:19, villa89 said:

So what does pogba actually do? He Drifts out of the game for long periods as far as I see and doesn't control a game at all. Bring back Paul Scholes.

Spot on. It's great to watch that near £100 million investment look dodgy. Couldn't happen to a nicer club :D

• 2 weeks later...

Probably could've gone in an International thread but it's maybe more at home here.

Today on "Dwight Yorke really is stupid" we go to Football365.

How dare England manager drop my mate?

How dare England manager drop my mate?

Date published: Thursday 13th October 2016 12:10

Dwight-Yorke-Wayne-Rooney.jpg

Dwight Yorke Wayne Rooney

The grand old puke of Yorke
Former Manchester United players are closing ranks around Wayne Rooney. While Bryan Robson is on the back page of The Sun saying that Manchester United fans “will show him the love and respect he deserves”, Dwight Yorke has been talking to 888Sport and he is seething:

“People forget he’s the greatest English player and the goals he has scored.”

They really, really don’t, Dwight; literally nobody ever forgets. We’d like to but no f***er will let us.

“It’s a real difficult time because he’s asked to play all these different positions and gets all the flak he does, yet he tries his hardest every single game.”

And like a child struggling to master the recorder (and getting paid £300,000 a week to do so), all we really want from the captain of England and Manchester United is that he tries his hardest. And that he does it in a different room.

“Then you get people like Gareth Southgate taking him out of the team because of the pressure from the media and I think that’s wrong especially coming off the back of a positive result.”

‘People like Gareth Southgate’? You mean the England boss? You mean Wayne Rooney’s international manager? And yes, a 2-0 win over Malta is technically a ‘positive result’, but…

“Sometimes you have to show people a little faith and for Gareth Southgate to make that call, well I thought that was a little strange.”

A little faith? Rooney last started a qualifier on the bench in 2003. That’s 13 years of a whole lot of faith.

“To then put him in front of the media to face the music and say he isn’t going to play was disrespectful and a disgrace in my opinion.”

Except, well, Rooney himself asked to face the media. We know because he said this: “It was important to get my opinion across ­because, if I didn’t, a lot of stuff could have been written or said without me having my opinion. We [he and Southgate] spoke about it and I felt it was the right thing to do because, with me, things do get blown out of proportion at times.”

Indeed they do, Wayne. Indeed they do.

Mediawatch rewind
From Dwight Yorke’s 888 Sport column in March:

“For Manchester United now there is no candidate out there. You have to accept that Jose Mourinho has been a great manager but if there is a change of manager at Manchester United and Van Gaal goes then it will be Ryan Giggs.”

Next week: Why Nicky Butt should be the new Home Secretary.

• Like 2

Can someone, anyone, please explain to me what Paul pogba does? I am of the opinion that he is the single most overrated player of all time. I am yet to see him play well, I am yet to see him do anything good and I am yet to see him justify even 10% of that ridiculous price tag.

• Like 1

It is becoming worrying now for United, bigger problem is with fee Mourinho paid he cant really drop him. You could argue system doesnt suit him but if he so good he would be able play both United and France system.

Mourinho alternative is to do a Rafa/Gerrard move to keep him away from centre of park, maybe play him off Ibrahimovic

Pogba looking like an awful signing to be honest. I've never ever seen him command a big game, he always seems to go missing, and he seems to excel at nothing. I've been calling him the next Veron, but the way things are going that would be doing a disservice to Veron's time at United. Also nice to see that Zlatan appears to be panning out how I said, his hot streak has ended and looks a bit of a passenger at this level, I'll be surprised if he scores more than 15 league goals. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Pogba a signing to act like they are still the biggest and best.  Don't get me wrong they are a massive club with infinite wealth but they are doing a very good impression of Liverpool after the end of their dominance.  The odd cup win but never challenging for the title.  One word "Marvellous"

It might sound crazy but I see some similarities between Villa and Man U at the moment. Both clinging on to former glories, both throwing money at the team in the hope something sticks and both quite happy to keep changing the manager until it clicks, oh and don't forget fans with very little patience at the moment. 

If it wasn't Man Utd I might have some sympathy for them.

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What's happened to Mourinho? Has he lost his spark or is it a case of teams figuring out how to play against him?

He has always either had excellent teams or been able to buy excellent players. Neither is really the case at United this time around.

As for what happened at Chelsea he lost the players following the physio row.

I dont think he has the respect of players that he used to have who would buy into his plans which I think is crucial if you want players to be ultimate disciplined for you.

also at United he is expected to attack from start and this has never really been his style, dont understand why he doesnt use Martial more

Ever since Real Madrid, Mourinho seems to have lost the plot. It's like any charisma he used to have has been sucked completely out of him, and now he can't get anything right. I thought utd would challenge for the league, but they'll be lucky top six at this rate :clap:

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Pogba looking like an awful signing to be honest. I've never ever seen him command a big game, he always seems to go missing, and he seems to excel at nothing. I've been calling him the next Veron, but the way things are going that would be doing a disservice to Veron's time at United. Also nice to see that Zlatan appears to be panning out how I said, his hot streak has ended and looks a bit of a passenger at this level, I'll be surprised if he scores more than 15 league goals. 

Yep Zlatan next to the square root of f**k all in away games as I thought he would. New Berbatov.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep Zlatan next to the square root of f**k all in away games as I thought he would. New Berbatov.

I said it in the zlatan thread a long time ago but he's a sunshine player just like Totti and osil to name but two more. They have all the skill and the game is "easy" for them so when they are playing inferior opposition they tear them apart and look like world beaters. When they are in an even game they are usually passengers because they don't have the work ethic required to dig in and work hard to help their team. 

Also the pogba debacle continues to be even more hilarious each week. No way mourinho wanted him. Whoever is signing players for man United should be sacked.

Edited by villa89

Â