Manchester United

BOF

Imagine if they missed out on the CL again.

At the moment you'd say they would have more chance of qualifying for that through the Europa league than the top 4.

Even though United roll in cash it's still unsustainable to keep on spending 200m each summer and not make the champions league, their wage bill must be through the roof.

One thing I can't understand...all these managers they appoint and they still start players like Fellani, Valencia and Ashley Young.

Is incredibly unbalanced isn't it.

I saw some pictures on FB yesterday of Zlatan laughing and joking with the Chelsea players after the final whistle, swapping shirts. Not really sending out the right message is it.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pogba, biggest waste of money ever?

He's had a couple of games where he's been 'alight' but I'm sure so has Carrick, Fellaini etc.

Zlatan needs dropping and Rashford should start, through the middle.

He must be the most over-rated player I have known. Signings like Falcao and Zlatan never work for them. United have always done well bringing through their own or signing young up and coming players like Ronaldo

6 hours ago, Genie said:

They look like they are heading for a phase like Liverpool have been through the last 10 years or so.

Well they've already filled the TV studio'a with the former players just like they did.

Just staggering how they have been run post Fergie and to an extent before he went.

Pogba, leaving and returning being the perfect case in point.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Imagine if they missed out on the CL again.

At the moment you'd say they would have more chance of qualifying for that through the Europa league than the top 4.

Even though United roll in cash it's still unsustainable to keep on spending 200m each summer and not make the champions league, their wage bill must be through the roof.

One thing I can't understand...all these managers they appoint and they still start players like Fellani, Valencia and Ashley Young.

It would be great wouldn't it? :)

However, I do think they make most of their cash through various sponsorship deals now, that probably even dwarf the CL money they have received, so I think sadly they will probably be ok for a little while longer yet. I guess continual failure may eventually reduce the glory hunting part of their fan base, which in turn may hit their sponsorship deals, but that would be over many years

15 hours ago, Genie said:

The Manchester Derby in the League cup this week is now far more significant than they could have imagined a few weeks ago!

It really is. On one hand Guardiola has never gone 6 games without a win in his entire career, and Mourinho won't want 2 defeats to Citeh in the space of 2 months.  Both managers will put out by and large their strongest sides and they'll play this like a CL final :D 

44 minutes ago, BOF said:

It really is. On one hand Guardiola has never gone 6 games without a win in his entire career, and Mourinho won't want 2 defeats to Citeh in the space of 2 months.  Both managers will put out by and large their strongest sides and they'll play this like a CL final :D

Should actually be a really good game (saying that, Jose is involved). I'm predicting City turn United over 3 or 4 nil and the knives will well and truy be out for the special one.

3 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

I think Guardiola has Jose's number, I can see another City win this week.

I agree, if only 1 manager can 'bounce back' this week you'd say it would be Pep looking at the 2 squads.

3 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

I think Guardiola has Jose's number, I can see another City win this week.

I think you're right.  Not so much WRT having Jose's number but I can see a City win.  I just think Jose has a bigger job in turning that supertanker around and this game comes too soon for him.  Although I do wonder WTH is going on at Citeh with things like Aguero being dropped and being allegedly told along with Kompany that he can leave etc.  I don't think either camp is particularly happy at the moment compared to what they should or could be, but my money is definitely on Citeh.  Jose's bus just isn't big enough.  Watch him go out now and murder them :) 

On 04/08/2016 at 16:58, rodders0223 said:

His past sides did run through walls for him, that was his strength. They loved him and would do anything for him, the team and the system.

Can you honestly say that last Chelsea side was playing for him? He has always had the Devil in him and I loved that about him...but more and more I feel he isn't the same guy.

How can you treat a model professional like Schweinsteiger with such disrespect?

I think the guy is finished. His charisma, his 'youthful' exuberance, it is all gone.

He is just a bitter, angry old man, no charm, none of the players nowadays are going to buy into him. He is just a miserable old word removed.

• Like 2

On 23/10/2016 at 22:16, villa89 said:

I said it in the zlatan thread a long time ago but he's a sunshine player just like Totti and osil to name but two more. They have all the skill and the game is "easy" for them so when they are playing inferior opposition they tear them apart and look like world beaters. When they are in an even game they are usually passengers because they don't have the work ethic required to dig in and work hard to help their team. 

Also the pogba debacle continues to be even more hilarious each week. No way mourinho wanted him. Whoever is signing players for man United should be sacked.

Assuming you mean Mesut Ozil, I think you're well off the mark there.  Absolute class act of a player.

8 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Sky sports app reporting that Pogba cost £64million for the player, and Man Utd paid a further £24million to pogbas agent for the deal

£24million to an agent, mental

Clubs like Man United are absolutely killing the game if that is true. They should walk away if the agent wants that kind of money and "take one for the football team"

Â