villarule123

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What a shock. I count that as four epic failures 

Stoke, wolves, Blackburn now us. Finished 

Wolves and Blackburn weren't 'epic failures' by any stretch of the imagination, which is why he probably isn't finished at Championship level. I would agree that he's probably finished at PL level though. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wolves and Blackburn weren't 'epic failures' by any stretch of the imagination, which is why he probably isn't finished at Championship level. I would agree that he's probably finished at PL level though. 

Lambert finished 15th 7 point's above the relegation zone. J woukd definitely call that a epic failure

35 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

no surprise, yet another payout for being shit.

I'd doubt he will get a payoff. Stoke surely had a clause in the contract that if they went down he could be sacked without compo.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lambert finished 15th 7 point's above the relegation zone. J woukd definitely call that a epic failure

He finished higher up the table than when he took over. You can certainly argue that it wasn't a success, especially in light of Nuno's success this season, but improving the club's league position cannot possibly be considered an 'epic failure'. 

48 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He finished higher up the table than when he took over. You can certainly argue that it wasn't a success, especially in light of Nuno's success this season, but improving the club's league position cannot possibly be considered an 'epic failure'. 

I deem it as big failure. Ok there was some problems there but they h'ads the likes of costa there signed for 13m and he should have done much better than he did. 

Lambert is shit. He is done now in premier league and id even go as far as say in championship also.

His bwst shit is taking over Scotland or maybe if he is lucky Celtic. Even a useless manager like him can be a success there and he is deemed a legend up there

32 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

This is strange to me. You trust him to keep you in the premier league, but not in the championship??

Think they have slightly higher ambitions than just staying up ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

What the hell was different for him at Norwich? 

He fell out with/lost his trusted back room team in Culverhouse and the other bloke whose name escapes me.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

This is strange to me. You trust him to keep you in the premier league, but not in the championship??

Problem is he's gone down hardly winning a game. Carvahal at Swansea won 5 games and was still let go.

I always feel when a side goes down it's better to start afresh. Bit like if we'd kept Garde on even when we were losing every week the negativity would've just carried onto the next season.

Of course there are expections, Dyche at Burnley although he was close to joining Sunderland when Burnley were relegated in 2015.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm surprised at that, I thought he was excellent, really excellent; they couldn't have asked any more of him. I'm sure he'll go again.

I can't fault the effort. I really can't.

• Like 1

Â