villarule123

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'd take Butland, Shawcross, Allen, and Shaqiri.

Martin O'Neill has just logged in.

With today's prices those four would cost a combined 80m. Butland 30m, Allen 20m, Shaqiri 20m and Shawcross 10m.

If Stoke don't get anything on Sunday they'll finish bottom of the league so we'd blow half of our budget in four regular players from the worst prem team.

Guess it shows how ridiculous transfer market is becoming if you go for tried and tested players rather than scout and signed decent players from abroad.

I think what has been overlooked at Stoke is the character of the players they've signed. Some of them are good players and have showed it at other clubs but there aren't many leaders. And there are a few prima donnas.

Lambert is also a shocking manager and has a pretty poor track record of late. The writing was on the wall.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Jesus you must be shit if you miss them four.

It's attitude though isn't it?

Those guys are limited ability wise. But they'd go out on the pitch and give you 100% every single time. That will only get you so far, but if you have a team full of people doing it it's usually enough to see you safe.

Instead they've got people like 

Jese - scored one goal, now on unpaid leave for the season

Berahino - signed for £12m, never scored a goal. Has an obvious attitude problem, trainig with the U23's

Wimmer - signed for £18m, now training with the u23's

Imbula - club record signing at £18.3m. Out on loan at Toulose

Affelay - Frozen out

Bojan - out on loan at Alaves

As I've said above they've wasted an unbelievable amount of money on players who are either contributing nothing, or not applying themselves anywherenear enough.

Even Shaqiri, who has his moments, has been nowhere near good enough, and is allegedly bad in the dressing room.

I imagine every Stoke fan would swap all of those players I've listed to have Whelan, bardsley and Walters back (maybe not Given as Butland is one of the few good performers)

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Those guys are limited ability wise. But they'd go out on the pitch and give you 100% every single time. That will only get you so far, but if you have a team full of people doing it it's usually enough to see you safe.

Instead they've got people like 

Jese - scored one goal, now on unpaid leave for the season

Berahino - signed for £12m, never scored a goal. Has an obvious attitude problem, trainig with the U23's

Wimmer - signed for £18m, now training with the u23's

Imbula - club record signing at £18.3m. Out on loan at Toulose

Affelay - Frozen out

Bojan - out on loan at Alaves

As I've said above they've wasted an unbelievable amount of money on players who are either contributing nothing, or not applying themselves anywherenear enough.

Even Shaqiri, who has his moments, has been nowhere near good enough, and is allegedly bad in the dressing room.

I imagine every Stoke fan would swap all of those players I've listed to have Whelan, bardsley and Walters back (maybe not Given as Butland is one of the few good performers)

Wow that's incredible. That seems like a deja vu with the year we want down. That's why i give beuce so much credit wven if he leaves in the summer  (which i dont think will happen) for bringing people like terry and other leaders in. We lacked that so much over the last years

Stoke dismantled Pulis' team of grafters and replaced them with mercenaries. 

Shaquiri has played and lived in places like Basel, Munich and Milan. There was only one reason he joined Stoke and it wasn't the Potteries Centre in Hanley!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It got Cardiff promoted this year...

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow that's incredible. That seems like a deja vu with the year we want down. That's why i give beuce so much credit wven if he leaves in the summer  (which i dont think will happen) for bringing people like terry and other leaders in. We lacked that so much over the last years

and Berahino is on 70k a week until 2022. Assuming a standard 10--20% relegation deduction, they'll be paying their own version of Gabby a fortune for the foreseeable :D  

1 minute ago, villakram said:

and Berahino is on 70k a week until 2022. Assuming a standard 10--20% relegation deduction, they'll be paying their own version of Gabby a fortune for the foreseeable :D  

at least Gabby was good for at least 1 goal a season ;)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Berahino must be among biggest flops of all time. at least some duds did something but Berahino is useless. February 2016 his last goal

Scores loads off the pitch! 

On 08/05/2018 at 04:45, Stevo985 said:

As I've said above they've wasted an unbelievable amount of money on players who are either contributing nothing, or not applying themselves anywhere near enough.

Sounds just like the Villa under Lerner

On 08/05/2018 at 05:07, Demitri_C said:

920x920.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â